It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

See y'all whenever my forum fatigue wears off, my PM box is open and I've got Skype if anybody here wants to keep in touch.
Morning Fred the Thread :)
I hope everyone is at least ok...
I'm getting prepared for a marathon day...
Have fun !
**Big hugs all around, polite waves and coffee**
Good morning, everyone! *tips helmet*

NoNewTaleToTell: See y'all whenever my forum fatigue wears off, my PM box is open and I've got Skype if anybody here wants to keep in touch.
ô__ô *waves to departing N2T3*
Good luck out there, in the rest of the non-forum world. Take care.
Empress_Owl: Morning Fred the Thread :)
I hope everyone is at least ok...
I'm getting prepared for a marathon day...
Have fun !
**Big hugs all around, polite waves and coffee**
Good morning, Little Yellow One. Bon courage to you.
**Extra big energizing hug with coffee and waffles**
Good morning, people of the thread!

I hope you are all having a lovely start to the weekend?

*hugs and waves*
ddickinson: Good morning, people of the thread!

I hope you are all having a lovely start to the weekend?

*hugs and waves*
Good morning, Mrs D. Nice to see some life in here. Saturday morning are always quiet...

And it's been quite lovely, yes. I had the best sleep I've had in a very long time. So I won't be complaining about anything at all today :-)

How's the weekend treating you so far?

*big hug*
AgentBirdnest: Good morning, Mrs D. Nice to see some life in here. Saturday morning are always quiet...

And it's been quite lovely, yes. I had the best sleep I've had in a very long time. So I won't be complaining about anything at all today :-)

How's the weekend treating you so far?

*big hug*
Well normally I am not around much on the weekends, but as I have nothing else to do until my partner gets home I figured I would pop in and say hello to the lovely regulars.

That is really great to hear. Let's hope that your days keep up like that.

Health wise my day is treating me very terribly, but other than that no complains. Well I could complain about being a big softie and missing my partner, but she is home tomorrow so I think I will cope. :-)

*big weekend hug*
ddickinson: Health wise my day is treating me very terribly, but other than that no complains. Well I could complain about being a big softie and missing my partner, but she is home tomorrow so I think I will cope. :-)

*big weekend hug*
Well, I hope things improve a bit. I don't tolerate people, especially such lovely Battle Sisters as yourself, being treated terribly. I may have to kick Saturday in the nuts...

I've got a question - and anyone can feel free to answer this. What GOG release has been the most exciting for you?

For me, it was System Shock 2. I had only played a demo, back in ~2003, and by that point it was already next-to impossible to find a copy of the game for a reasonable price. I really loved the demo, so I was extremely excited to finally be able to play the full game. It was released at 04:00, I bought it at 04:02, and I finished it 04:07 (the next day... of course I didn't finish it in five minutes ;-))
AgentBirdnest: Well, I hope things improve a bit. I don't tolerate people, especially such lovely Battle Sisters as yourself, being treated terribly. I may have to kick Saturday in the nuts...

I've got a question - and anyone can feel free to answer this. What GOG release has been the most exciting for you?

For me, it was System Shock 2. I had only played a demo, back in ~2003, and by that point it was already next-to impossible to find a copy of the game for a reasonable price. I really loved the demo, so I was extremely excited to finally be able to play the full game. It was released at 04:00, I bought it at 04:02, and I finished it 04:07 (the next day... of course I didn't finish it in five minutes ;-))
Thank you. I will be okay, nothing to worry about. *big hug*

I am not too sure really. I have not been playing many games this year and I can't really say that there have been any instant buys for me, although I might have forgotten (it's been a long year for me :-)). If you were asking what one of the better games I played from the new releases this year I would have to say Never Alone, which I really enjoyed. It is not for everyone, but I liked it.

And I just noticed you were talking about games in general and not just this year. It seems I can process stuff properly today. I will have a think about the most exciting game. Maybe Simon the Sorcerer 1 which was the game that got me here and one that I loved when I was younger. But I am not too sure really off the top of my sleepy head. :-)
ddickinson: I am not too sure really. I have not been playing many games this year and I can't really say that there have been any instant buys for me, although I might have forgotten (it's been a long year for me :-)). If you were asking what one of the better games I played from the new releases this year I would have to say Never Alone, which I really enjoyed. It is not for everyone, but I liked it.

And I just noticed you were talking about games in general and not just this year. It seems I can process stuff properly today. I will have a think about the most exciting game. Maybe Simon the Sorcerer 1 which was the game that got me here and one that I loved when I was younger. But I am not too sure really off the top of my sleepy head. :-)
Never Alone certainly looks beautiful. One of the better looking platformers I've seen (which is probably the only reason you'd get me to play most platformers these days. There are so many that look like total crap. So when a good-looking one comes up, it automatically catches my eye.) Simon the Sorcerer looks quite good too (for its age). That said, I haven't played either game yet :-)
AgentBirdnest: Never Alone certainly looks beautiful. One of the better looking platformers I've seen (which is probably the only reason you'd get me to play most platformers these days. There are so many that look like total crap. So when a good-looking one comes up, it automatically catches my eye.) Simon the Sorcerer looks quite good too (for its age). That said, I haven't played either game yet :-)
The problem I think with that game is that the platforming is not that polished, and there are definitely better ones out there (I played Dust this year and I loved it). If it was not for the educational side to Never Alone I think it would not be as highly regarded, as on its own the game is nothing too special. Don't get me wrong, it is lots of fun and the settings are nice, but for the price there are better and longer games out there. I would suggest getting it on sale and only if you are okay with it being an average platformer with some lovely information on the customs of the featured people.

Simon the Sorcerer is an old yet very good point-and-click game. Fully voiced and with a good mix of references to old fantasy novels like Lord of the Rings. I really liked it. The second one was okay, but the German made ones were not very good and too Americanised (Simon himself went from English to American all of a sudden, and the humour is not the original British humour but the German developers attempt at humour that will appeal to the Americans). They are probably good games in their own right, but not compared to the earlier games.
Good Morning DD and Agent!! ;) Also to everyone else sameys!
Excitement for me were the original two Fallouts and Ultima VII... Still haven't played U7 to finish... had a busy time in life back in the 2012 and then I lost my save so... :) But I loved all of those three games and had lots of happy gaming hours.
Simon The Sorcerer is a really nice game, good pixel art... I've played it about halfway on amiga that I don't have anymore though... Quite a witty and cheerful game :)
Hi people.How's life treating all of you?
ddickinson: The problem I think with that game is that the platforming is not that polished, and there are definitely better ones out there (I played Dust this year and I loved it). If it was not for the educational side to Never Alone I think it would not be as highly regarded, as on its own the game is nothing too special. Don't get me wrong, it is lots of fun and the settings are nice, but for the price there are better and longer games out there. I would suggest getting it on sale and only if you are okay with it being an average platformer with some lovely information on the customs of the featured people.

Simon the Sorcerer is an old yet very good point-and-click game. Fully voiced and with a good mix of references to old fantasy novels like Lord of the Rings. I really liked it. The second one was okay, but the German made ones were not very good and too Americanised (Simon himself went from English to American all of a sudden, and the humour is not the original British humour but the German developers attempt at humour that will appeal to the Americans). They are probably good games in their own right, but not compared to the earlier games.
I love educational games. They make me feel like I'm doing something productive ;-p ... I read through the description for Never Alone, and despite knowing absolutely nothing about the topic, it does sound pretty interesting. I might keep an eye out during sales. Even if the topic didn't interest me, and the platforming could be better, I might enjoy it based on graphics alone. Sometimes lovely graphics are enough to keep me playing (I'm a fan of "walking simulators" :-p)
Good Gog... Germans making a game to appeal to American humour? I don't even know what type of humour Americans like, and I'm American!

Speaking of lovely graphics... Next topic - What is the best looking game(s) you have played?
l0rdtr3k: Hi people.How's life treating all of you?
Hi Golden Blob!
About to watch Goodfellas with a big pizza... An Italian mobster afternoon :)
How are things over there?
superstande: Good Morning DD and Agent!! ;) Also to everyone else sameys!
Excitement for me were the original two Fallouts and Ultima VII... Still haven't played U7 to finish... had a busy time in life back in the 2012 and then I lost my save so... :) But I loved all of those three games and had lots of happy gaming hours.
Good mornoon, Sup! :-)
I've not played any of the Ultima games. Fantasy is usually not my thing. I've tried Fallout, but lost my save as well :-p I really enjoyed what I played though. I should give it another go...

Sounds like a truly awesome movie/food combo! :-D I was just quoting Goodfellas a few minutes ago. How odd :-)
l0rdtr3k: Hi people.How's life treating all of you?
It's treating me quite well these last few days :-) I'm hopeful that trend will continue.
How about you?
Post edited December 19, 2015 by AgentBirdnest