It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: You patient soul. I gave up trying to unlock perfects on every level of Not A Hero, but did get it on most of them. I still have a number of unlocks to achieve on Risk Of Rain, but have played all the way through with one character so far.
Don't blame you there. Getting all of them took a while, with quite a few game reloads.

Sadly, haven't even touched that one yet. I know I bought it at some point after you recommended it.
CarrionCrow: Sadly, haven't even touched that one yet. I know I bought it at some point after you recommended it.
Throw it into the current mix. That way if you like it, it's a respite from all the awfulness, and if you don't, it maintains the overall theme.
IAmSinistar: Throw it into the current mix. That way if you like it, it's a respite from all the awfulness, and if you don't, it maintains the overall theme.
Just put Kingdom: The Far Reaches on. Holy crap, that game is a combo of bad acting, bad graphics, replaying cutscenes, sometimes indecipherable dialogue, high difficulty and the need to take notes on a piece of paper.
CarrionCrow: Just put Kingdom: The Far Reaches on. Holy crap, that game is a combo of bad acting, bad graphics, replaying cutscenes, sometimes indecipherable dialogue, high difficulty and the need to take notes on a piece of paper.
Amazing that the Philips CD-i wasn't a success, eh?
These pretzels are making me thirsty
IAmSinistar: Amazing that the Philips CD-i wasn't a success, eh?
Utterly shocking. It's also a massive surprise to me that a high-end longevity console like the 3DO had a port of it.
CarrionCrow: Utterly shocking. It's also a massive surprise to me that a high-end longevity console like the 3DO had a port of it.
So true. You'd think the 3DO would have had higher quality assurance screening. After all, that was the premier platform for Vivid Interactive games, which are some of the most highly admired titles in the industry.
Looking at the store page for Turok... Does anyone know what "Improved gameplay and level design" means?

I mean... what part of the gameplay and level design? That's pretty vague.
Post edited December 17, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Looking at the store page for Turok... Does anyone know what "Improved gameplay and level design" means?

I mean... what part of the gameplay and level design? That's pretty vague.
Maybe stuff that makes the game archaic?
IAmSinistar: So true. You'd think the 3DO would have had higher quality assurance screening. After all, that was the premier platform for Vivid Interactive games, which are some of the most highly admired titles in the industry.
Oh man, I'll never get to play Blonde Justice. I feel sad now.
Good evening, people of the thread!

The new release looks a little overpriced. And I was kind of expecting more from a HD remake other than just higher resolution support. But I guess this is modern games development after all. :-)
ddickinson: Good evening, people of the thread!

The new release looks a little overpriced. And I was kind of expecting more from a HD remake other than just higher resolution support. But I guess this is modern games development after all. :-)
Agree on both points. I'll keep an eye out for a 75% off sale :-)

Good evening.
ddickinson: Good evening, people of the thread!

Good evening. =)

Yeah, didn't expect it to come out at 20 dollars retail. Thinking that's going to drop their sales a fair bit.
AgentBirdnest: Agree on both points. I'll keep an eye out for a 75% off sale :-)

Good evening.
It seems that many people are a little unhappy with such a high price for a game that is nearly 20 years old and does not seem to have really been made into HD.

Good evening, Mr Agent! How are you, are you having a lovely day?

CarrionCrow: Good evening. =)

Yeah, didn't expect it to come out at 20 dollars retail. Thinking that's going to drop their sales a fair bit.
Good evening!

I think they sometimes expect nostalgia to help sell a game so they decide to charge more. Maybe if they had at least improved the textures then people might not mind, but it seems like they have not really done much other than widescreen and higher resolution support. I know there are a few more things, but nothing that really jumps out at justifying the price given that they were only modding the game, not remaking it.

Edit: I forgot to enquire how you are doing this lovely evening? (Sorry about that.)
Post edited December 18, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: It seems that many people are a little unhappy with such a high price for a game that is nearly 20 years old and does not seem to have really been made into HD.

Good evening, Mr Agent! How are you, are you having a lovely day?
It's been a very lovely day, yes. Not even ElT pricing Turok at $20 can ruin my mood this evenoon ;-)

How is/was your evening?
Post edited December 18, 2015 by AgentBirdnest