It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
HAPPY HOLYDAYS !!!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGRC2LYmHfU
AgentBirdnest: I think we need to settle for flash games. No shortage of Christmas themed ones (or any theme, for that matter) :-)

edit : Oh, and *burns ElT's house to the ground*
But what if we don't have flash installed? :-)

Empress_Owl: **exit lurking mode just to give DD an extra giga thank-you hug for this wonderful edible piece of art... :-p',',',,' yummy... it looks really cool...**
Here you go, two more cakes. The last one might not be for the squeamish.

http://www.littlebcakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Frog-Baby-Shower-Cakes.jpg
https://wilkes888.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/pa280160.jpg?w=700&h=&crop=1
ddickinson: But what if we don't have flash installed? :-)
ô__ô Then you miss out on billions of hours of boring and pointless games :-p
AgentBirdnest: ô__ô Then you miss out on billions of hours of boring and pointless games :-p
Not again. I already miss out on that by not using Steam. :-)

I don't think I have ever really used Flash, mainly as I have had no use for it.
ddickinson: Not again. I already miss out on that by not using Steam. :-)

I don't think I have ever really used Flash, mainly as I have had no use for it.
*badum tish* :-D

Speaking of things I have no use for... today is Final Fantasy's 28th birthday. Never played a single second of that series ô__ô (I'm not even sure what it looks like!)
AgentBirdnest: *badum tish* :-D

Speaking of things I have no use for... today is Final Fantasy's 28th birthday. Never played a single second of that series ô__ô (I'm not even sure what it looks like!)
Prior to the Final Fantasy X era and beyond of the series I really loved the Final Fantasy games. The only thing that spoiled Final Fantasy IX for me was that most of the characters were just kids. Granted I was just a kid, but it seems silly having children doing all that stuff. That is one thing I dislike about modern stuff, they put kids in roles that just would not happen. I guess this appeals to kids more. Final Fantasy X was okay, but not really great. It was the first to be voiced but so much was off with that game. And Final Fantasy VII is my all time favourite game ever, even though many people hate it, which is fine, we all like different things after all.
ddickinson: Prior to the Final Fantasy X era and beyond of the series I really loved the Final Fantasy games. The only thing that spoiled Final Fantasy IX for me was that most of the characters were just kids. Granted I was just a kid, but it seems silly having children doing all that stuff. That is one thing I dislike about modern stuff, they put kids in roles that just would not happen. I guess this appeals to kids more. Final Fantasy X was okay, but not really great. It was the first to be voiced but so much was off with that game. And Final Fantasy VII is my all time favourite game ever, even though many people hate it, which is fine, we all like different things after all.
Kinda like how Harry Potter is all about kids... and we all know how much you love Harry Potter ;-p (kidding)
I didn't know FFVII was hated. I've heard quite a few people call it their favourite game. My neighbours a few years ago had a TV and Playstation that was used only for playing FF7, and nothing else. It was so sacred to them that it deserved its own TV :-)
Post edited December 17, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Kinda like how Harry Potter is all about kids... and we all know how much you love Harry Potter ;-p (kidding)
I didn't know FFVII was hated. I've heard quite a few people call it their favourite game. My neighbours a few years ago had a TV and Playstation that was used only for playing FF7, and nothing else. It was so sacred to them that it deserved its own TV :-)
Just look at a lot of the movies these days, they all seem to have kids saving the world when it used to be adults. Even childrens TV shows have switched from adult actors to mostly kids now.

Some people prefer the earlier Final Fantasy games and hate that FFVII is so popular and that it stepped away from the traditional fantasy setting for a more technological approach, which was followed by FFVIII which also went for a more technological setting. It went back to its roots with FFIX, but some the characters were a bit meh for me, although I did still like the game. FFX was the last I have played, as I never had any interest in the newer stuff. I think it depends on which game people started with as well. FFVII was my first Final Fantasy game, as well as my first Playstation game, my first JRPG, and the first game I played with such a huge world and some other things.

Granted a lot of the reason for it being my favourite is down to nostalgia, but I still play the game every year and I still really enjoy it. I like FFVIII as well, especially the nice twist at the end and the darkness of the story. FFVIII also hold a special place for me due to something very personal, but the game is good as well, although the draw system was tedious at times.
Post edited December 17, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: [...]
Ah... yes, when settings change in a series, if often gets many people upset. Which is understandable. It's not always a bad thing, though. I usually welcome change. I get tired of the same settings over and over pretty quickly.
Many people were upset about Call of Duty changing from WW2 to a new setting (at least on the websites I used back in the day.) Of course, now it's been at that setting forever, and I'd like to see it change to something else, or even change back to WW2 :-p

I guess I should finally try FF sometime. I saw that it was on Steam, with two layers of DRM, if I'm not mistaken. Yeesh 9__9
AgentBirdnest: Ah... yes, when settings change in a series, if often gets many people upset. Which is understandable. It's not always a bad thing, though. I usually welcome change. I get tired of the same settings over and over pretty quickly.
Many people were upset about Call of Duty changing from WW2 to a new setting (at least on the websites I used back in the day.) Of course, now it's been at that setting forever, and I'd like to see it change to something else, or even change back to WW2 :-p

I guess I should finally try FF sometime. I saw that it was on Steam, with two layers of DRM, if I'm not mistaken. Yeesh 9__9
I think a lot of it was due to the older fans being annoyed that newer games were praising 7 so much when they considered games like 6 to be the better game. Some people seem to get quite angry if others don't hate and like what they like.

I preferred the WW2 era of Call of Duty, especially as it was a wider scope than just the Americans. I liked the British and the Russian campaigns, and even the American ones were not overly arrogant. It made it feel like a world war and not just the usual US saves everyone crap like many games were. Medal of Honour, for example. Which was a good game, but way too arrogant.

I usually play my copy of FFVII on my Playstation 1 or 2. I also have that and number VIII on PC in their original box, before the days of Steam and DRM and things. But I rarely ever played the PC versions, they were given to me as the person moved away from PC gaming and more on to console.
ddickinson: I think a lot of it was due to the older fans being annoyed that newer games were praising 7 so much when they considered games like 6 to be the better game. Some people seem to get quite angry if others don't hate and like what they like.

I preferred the WW2 era of Call of Duty, especially as it was a wider scope than just the Americans. I liked the British and the Russian campaigns, and even the American ones were not overly arrogant. It made it feel like a world war and not just the usual US saves everyone crap like many games were. Medal of Honour, for example. Which was a good game, but way too arrogant.

I usually play my copy of FFVII on my Playstation 1 or 2. I also have that and number VIII on PC in their original box, before the days of Steam and DRM and things. But I rarely ever played the PC versions, they were given to me as the person moved away from PC gaming and more on to console.
When new installments of any series start attracting newer and younger players, the veterans always get upset. Suddenly what you like isn't the cool thing anymore :-p

I only played the first Modern Warfare game, but I liked it. It was only 2 nations - US and UK. And the US got their arses handed to themselves, which I kinda like seeing in games :-p

(Sure is quiet in here today) :-)
Post edited December 17, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: When new installments of any series start attracting newer and younger players, the veterans always get upset. Suddenly what you like isn't the cool thing anymore :-p

I only played the first Modern Warfare game, but I liked it. It was only 2 nations - US and UK. And the US got their arses handed to themselves, which I kinda like seeing in games :-p

(Sure is quiet in here today) :-)
I did play the first Modern Warfare game, and I thought it was really good. I loved the flashback scene in Russia, and the fact it was still US & UK. I really liked the atomic bomb scene, and the fact that the main hero seems to British and not American but both played a big part in it. The ending was a little unexpected as well, but really nice. Overall I liked the atmosphere the game made and it looked like it was going to be the start of something good for the series.

I did think there was way too much ammo available due to the constant spawning enemies, which ruins FPS games for me sometimes. It is okay if it is a game like Serious Sam or another silly shooter, but when it is supposed to be realistic then it seems silly they have endless troops. I never played any after that game, but I hear they have become so linear and closed off, basically just interactive movies now, at least in regards to the single player campaign. I don't even know if it is still global or just US now.

It does seem to be quiet. Just yell something about naked ladies and that should attract the boys here. Oh, and a naked David Bowie for Owl and the ladies. :-)
Post edited December 17, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: I did think there was way too much ammo available due to the constant spawning enemies, which ruins FPS games for me sometimes. It is okay if it is a game like Serious Sam or another silly shooter, but when it is supposed to be realistic then it seems silly they have endless troops. I never played any after that game, but I hear they have become so linear and closed off, basically just interactive movies now, at least in regards to the single player campaign. I don't even know if it is still global or just US now.

It does seem to be quiet. Just yell something about naked ladies and that should attract the boys here. Oh, and a naked David Bowie for Owl and the ladies. :-)
Oh, I agree about endless ammo. What is the point of even having to pick up ammo anyway, if it is seemingly endless? It is ridiculous! Especially in Medal of Honor, where all rifles use the same "rifle rounds", or "SMG rounds", despite being different calibers. It was made more difficult in the expansion. I remember in Breakthrough (I think) I was almost always running out of ammo. I'd even have to restore a previous save because I'd run out at some points. I really liked that :-) It adds more suspense, and makes you think a little more. Bah... I guess people don't want to think as much in games these days. (Same annoyance for me with regenerating health.)

PIZZA! NUDITY! ... uh... NEW RELEASE! DAVID BOWIE! ........ A new release where David Bowie gets naked and eats pizza! For free! :-O
AgentBirdnest: Oh, I agree about endless ammo. What is the point of even having to pick up ammo anyway, if it is seemingly endless? It is ridiculous! Especially in Medal of Honor, where all rifles use the same "rifle rounds", or "SMG rounds", despite being different calibers. It was made more difficult in the expansion. I remember in Breakthrough (I think) I was almost always running out of ammo. I'd even have to restore a previous save because I'd run out at some points. I really liked that :-) It adds more suspense, and makes you think a little more. Bah... I guess people don't want to think as much in games these days. (Same annoyance for me with regenerating health.)

PIZZA! NUDITY! ... uh... NEW RELEASE! DAVID BOWIE! ........ A new release where David Bowie gets naked and eats pizza! For free! :-O
Are you trying to say that ammo is not universal? I always find it funny that these "realistic" shooters lets you reload but still keep any ammo left in the clip you just threw away. :-)

I enjoyed the Africa campaigns on one of the MOH expansions that GOG sells. I had never played that expansion before and it was nice to see another setting (North Africa) that is not often touched on. Not having unlimited ammo also makes you have to actually aim and not just fire all over the place blindly. I am not a fan of regenerating health either, it again takes away form the "realism" they all claim to be aiming for, and it makes things a little too easy at times. I think they tend to make the games too easy these days. I blame ELT for it, and those bloody console players (which is a joke, for the love of god let's not start a console/PC war. Especially as we all know PC would win :-p). :-)

Let's see who your shouting attracts. My money is on Endre or Owl first. :-)
*yawns*
Good morning people of the thread.
*prepares to hug everyone*