It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: That's very true... I do worry too much.
And yes, she would probably disagree... but the fact is that I tried quitting twice on my own, and failed twice. I give myself some credit, but I just don't feel right not mentioning her. I'm never going to shut up about her, so get used to it :-)

That must be it... Steam is jealous of GOG's shiny new perfectly working and incredibly useful "fully optional" client, so they need to tell tales to make us think less of it [/sarcasm] ;-p|
So your guardian gave you a much needed kick up the backside that you were lacking before to help you :-). Of course you want to give her her due credit, but don't forget to save some for you as well.

Oh, the "optional" client... I have never used it.
EndreWhiteMane: Agent, is this the first winter/holiday season you've gone through since you stopped the meds?
I began tapering off early last December, but didn't totally cease until April 29. So yeah, first winter with no meds at all.
Am I in for a rough winter? ô__ô
Time for me to go to sleep.
ElTerprise: Definitely. But not only for the sale itselft but also for the community during the insomnia :)
Yes. Lots of new releases would be great - maybe even another publisher :)
ddickinson: Maybe some nice games that are not just indie "retro" style rogue like games. :-)
And hopefully a publisher that does not just release a few token games (while getting so much undeserved praise) then not releasing anything else for years like many of the big publishers seem to do.
*hugs DD and falls asleep right next to her*
Good night D.
l0rdtr3k: Time for me to go to sleep.

Good night D.
Goodnight, little Blob! *hug*

EndreWhiteMane: ...
Hello, Mr Endre!

How are you today? Have you had a nice weekend?
Post edited December 14, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: So your guardian gave you a much needed kick up the backside that you were lacking before to help you :-). Of course you want to give her her due credit, but don't forget to save some for you as well.

Oh, the "optional" client... I have never used it.
Exactly right. With a bonus of Legendary Chocolate™ for quitting, how could I not succeed? ;-)

It seems like it is becoming less optional for a few people. I and at least a couple others have trouble with the downloader and with direct downloads... which leaves Galaxy :-\
ddickinson: Maybe some nice games that are not just indie "retro" style rogue like games. :-)
And hopefully a publisher that does not just release a few token games (while getting so much undeserved praise) then not releasing anything else for years like many of the big publishers seem to do.
Yes that would be nice - let's see what'll happen in the next year.
At least Ubisoft started to release some games here again...but yes that's a common behaviour among those triple-A publishers.

AgentBirdnest: Ah, I forgot! The evil ones always have a beard! ..... *scratches chin* ... Hmm... I'm due for a shave '',',',',':-|
Yes he's from a mirror universe after all. But then again the bearded Cartman was quite nice iirc ;)
ElTerprise: Yes he's from a mirror universe after all. But then again the bearded Cartman was quite nice iirc ;)
*first remembering his beard made of pubic hair* n__<
*then remembering what you meant* :-)
AgentBirdnest: Exactly right. With a bonus of Legendary Chocolate™ for quitting, how could I not succeed? ;-)

It seems like it is becoming less optional for a few people. I and at least a couple others have trouble with the downloader and with direct downloads... which leaves Galaxy :-\
The downloader still works okay for me so far. But the fact they hid it away kind of tells you that Galaxy is not really intended to be optional in the long run. You don't invest so much into something and then make it optional. I guess we will have to see how it goes once it leaves the Beta stage.

ElTerprise: Yes that would be nice - let's see what'll happen in the next year.
At least Ubisoft started to release some games here again...but yes that's a common behaviour among those triple-A publishers.
Some seem to release a few games to test the waters then they just take everything else to Steam and give them a much better deal while giving GOG customers lip service, such as Cinemaware.
EndreWhiteMane: Agent, is this the first winter/holiday season you've gone through since you stopped the meds?
AgentBirdnest: I began tapering off early last December, but didn't totally cease until April 29. So yeah, first winter with no meds at all.
Am I in for a rough winter? ô__ô
Probably no rougher than many people this time of year, but yes, probably.
This is a season that puts a huge strain on everyone whether they know it or not.
I'm not sure who gave you the idea that we are in control of how we feel, but they were wrong. We are human and we 'feel' however we feel at any given time.
This time of year, for many reasons is a tough one, even the sunshine isn't as nourishing as it usually is.
Don't worry about being an ass (I'm American) just be who you are, and that can change 10 times throughout the day. It's called being human.
My therapists line to me this past Friday was:
"I wish I had a magic wand but I don't. You're just a human and basically aren't in real control of much of anything in your life, deal with it."

So Mr. Agent, be who you are and don't expect so much of yourself, we can deal with whatever you give us. :-)
l0rdtr3k: Time for me to go to sleep.

Good night D.
ddickinson: Goodnight, little Blob! *hug*

EndreWhiteMane: ...
ddickinson: Hello, Mr Endre!

How are you today? Have you had a nice weekend?
Hi Double D, everything's OK in these here parts. :-)
*big hug*
Post edited December 14, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
ElTerprise: At least Ubisoft started to release some games here again...but yes that's a common behaviour among those triple-A publishers.
We got one from Square Enix a few months ago, didn't we? Revenant?
Still nothing new on the EA and Activision fronts lately though :-( ... but Ubi is nice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a few of their games.
EndreWhiteMane: Hi Double D, everything's OK in these here parts. :-)
*big hug*
Glad to hear things are going okay. How was work? Are you getting all excited for a visit from Father Christmas? :-)

*big hug*
ddickinson: The downloader still works okay for me so far. But the fact they hid it away kind of tells you that Galaxy is not really intended to be optional in the long run. You don't invest so much into something and then make it optional. I guess we will have to see how it goes once it leaves the Beta stage.
If it leaves Beta stage :-p ... I know what you mean. I really wish they'd keep supporting the downloader, and leave it in plain sight... Such a simple way to download games (when it works for me.) I'm nervous about the future here...
Time vill tell... Sooner of later, time vill tell :-{|
EndreWhiteMane: Hi Double D, everything's OK in these here parts. :-)
*big hug*
ddickinson: Glad to hear things are going okay. How was work? Are you getting all excited for a visit from Father Christmas? :-)

*big hug*
My present from my fellow employees was a talking Grinch doll. Perfect!
That pretty much sums up my thoughts on Christmas. :-)
ddickinson: The downloader still works okay for me so far. But the fact they hid it away kind of tells you that Galaxy is not really intended to be optional in the long run. You don't invest so much into something and then make it optional. I guess we will have to see how it goes once it leaves the Beta stage.
AgentBirdnest: If it leaves Beta stage :-p ... I know what you mean. I really wish they'd keep supporting the downloader, and leave it in plain sight... Such a simple way to download games (when it works for me.) I'm nervous about the future here...
Master, were all doomed, Galaxy's out of Beta! Run master run................... :-)
Post edited December 14, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
AgentBirdnest: If it leaves Beta stage :-p ... I know what you mean. I really wish they'd keep supporting the downloader, and leave it in plain sight... Such a simple way to download games (when it works for me.) I'm nervous about the future here...
I guess after investing so much they just want as many people as possible to use the client, which is okay, but maybe they should have waited until it was out of Beta before they advertised it so much.

EndreWhiteMane: My present from my fellow employees was a talking Grinch doll. Perfect!
That pretty much sums up my thoughts on Christmas. :-)
I am not really a fan of all the commercial aspects of Christmas, but I love the old fashioned sentiments behind it all.
AgentBirdnest: *first remembering his beard made of pubic hair* n__<
*then remembering what you meant* :-)
Huh...didn't remember the frirst thing ;)

ddickinson: Some seem to release a few games to test the waters then they just take everything else to Steam and give them a much better deal while giving GOG customers lip service, such as Cinemaware.
Pretty much. Same with Night Dive i guess. I mean we still get games from them but there are a lot missing here

AgentBirdnest: We got one from Square Enix a few months ago, didn't we? Revenant?
Still nothing new on the EA and Activision fronts lately though :-( ... but Ubi is nice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a few of their games.
But didn't GOG work on that one for years to get it running on modern systems?
Same here...also waiting for more Ubisoft games. Assassin's Creed 2 would be nice but unlikely....