It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As I continue in the earliest stages of one of my newest musical projects (an electronic-ish pop rock-ish project), I'm getting a tiny bit confused about how I'd get to play it live without having to resort to something like playback or playing straight parts. It's not like I want to hire three keyboardist plus a drummer just for live shows haha.

Anyone here got some tips? I know that someone like Ayria performs bass synth, lead synth, drummer and lead vocals live, with playback for (at minimum) layered vocal parts. I'm guessing her synths are samplers but I've heard that samplers can be fragile and if it cuts out mid song then you're outta luck. If you were using MIDI via laptop then you could at least play the parts back straight if you absolutely had to, if the MIDI went down.
superstande: okay.
the drive says there's no disc in there, although I've tried 3 different movies, all region 2, which is what the drive says it also has. tried my pre-installed dvd movie programs and also by just using windows. ...
hmmm. There is a chance your issue is not software related. When you put any disc in the drive do you notice any activity in the drive itself?
Had to watch nephew today,but it's my birthday and now i feel like i need to rest my back.
Also I'm slowly but surely getting sick of using VSTs...it's great to have a whole rack of instruments at your fingertips, but turning knobs on using a mouse while staring a computer screen just doesn't compare to hardware...
superstande: okay.
the drive says there's no disc in there, although I've tried 3 different movies, all region 2, which is what the drive says it also has. tried my pre-installed dvd movie programs and also by just using windows. ...
LeoLR: hmmm. There is a chance your issue is not software related. When you put any disc in the drive do you notice any activity in the drive itself?
it hums a bit, and the light flashes quickly, but that's it.
NoNewTaleToTell: Anyone here got some tips?
I bet the "pros" would know... sorry I can't give you advice, but here's an interesting live by Susumu Hirasawa : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51i00CjaHsw
Post edited December 12, 2015 by superstande
Greetings to one and all, including greetings from Earth to our non-terrestrial community members, hope you are all having a good weekend and are ready for the holiday season, to be celebrated, or not celebrated in your own fashion.

Another sale to throw some coin at is winding down... saved up all year to get a couple of the ones I've been waiting to play (Divinity Original Sin and Hand of Fate), and had just enough left to get Fallen Enchantress (and insta-buy for me) and squeezed in a couple classics. Stardock probably should have waited to release Rebellion next month... wishlisted it for now.

It's been awhile since I've haunted the Forum, I managed to play through Tales from the Borderlands and Kotor II (un-modded) since the last time I've posted. That's two to check of the backlog... :)

On the writing front, I've been stuck on whether or not to change one of the main characters into a female role, and have do that now, before I get too deep into the first book. I'm not doing this for political correctness, I just like strong female characters and all my main characters that would be playable in a game (if they ever get adapted to gaming) are male. It just doesn't feel right without making this change, so I've got some more rewriting to do. I won't be too difficult, I've left this character open just in case... heh!

I've still got that Chronicles of Riddick code, which expires in three days, checking in here first to see if anyone wants it before I look elsewhere to find a home for it.

As always, big waves and silly hugs for anyone that wants them. :D
GhostwriterDoF: On the writing front, I've been stuck on whether or not to change one of the main characters into a female role, and have do that now, before I get too deep into the first book. I'm not doing this for political correctness, I just like strong female characters and all my main characters that would be playable in a game (if they ever get adapted to gaming) are male. It just doesn't feel right without making this change, so I've got some more rewriting to do. I won't be too difficult, I've left this character open just in case... heh!
I am a fan of strong female characters in books, so without even knowing what you are writing I say it's a good decision to go with one ;)
GhostwriterDoF: ...
trentonlf: I am a fan of strong female characters in books, so without even knowing what you are writing I say it's a good decision to go with one ;)
It's a sword and sorcery fantasy series across multiple worlds, no sex or cussing, but it is not a children's tale. I've put quite a few strong female characters in where they should be, the worlds have a good balance, though not all of them survive or move on to other worlds. I'd like to have one female from start to finish, plus three of the main characters are kids who will grow up as they progress on their journey through the story.

I've been going back and forth on whether to do this for years, and after reading through the roughs of the first book, I've decided I'm going to make the change. :)
GhostwriterDoF: [...]
Hey there, Ghost! Good to hear from you :-D

The switch to a female character sounds like a really cool idea! I always appreciate that - in any form of entertainment. It's one of the reasons why No One Lives Forever is my favourite game :-) Good luck with the rewrites. Hope it goes well.
And have a *big return hug* :-)
Can anyone please explain to me what "Season Pass" is? Preferably in dummy words.
I know it includes DLC not yet released, but does it also include the base game and every other DLC released to day?
trentonlf: I am a fan of strong female characters in books, so without even knowing what you are writing I say it's a good decision to go with one ;)
GhostwriterDoF: It's a sword and sorcery fantasy series across multiple worlds, no sex or cussing, but it is not a children's tale. I've put quite a few strong female characters in where they should be, the worlds have a good balance, though not all of them survive or move on to other worlds. I'd like to have one female from start to finish, plus three of the main characters are kids who will grow up as they progress on their journey through the story.

I've been going back and forth on whether to do this for years, and after reading through the roughs of the first book, I've decided I'm going to make the change. :)
The book/s sound right up my alley for sure! I look forward to seeing a link to buy it when it's done :-D
Bleed: Can anyone please explain to me what "Season Pass" is? Preferably in dummy words.
I know it includes DLC not yet released, but does it also include the base game and every other DLC released to day?
Season pass usually does not include the base game. If you have the base game and get the season pass then you get all the DLC's for the game and usually future ones too.
Post edited December 12, 2015 by trentonlf
GhostwriterDoF: Greetings to one and all, including greetings from Earth to our non-terrestrial community members, hope you are all having a good weekend and are ready for the holiday season, to be celebrated, or not celebrated in your own fashion.

[...]

As always, big waves and silly hugs for anyone that wants them. :D
Hi GhostwriterDoF,

Glad to see you've spent your time away in a quite productive and satisfying way, and glad to see you back.

But you forgot to ruffle our hair.
GhostwriterDoF: [...]
AgentBirdnest: Hey there, Ghost! Good to hear from you :-D

The switch to a female character sounds like a really cool idea! I always appreciate that - in any form of entertainment. It's one of the reasons why No One Lives Forever is my favourite game :-) Good luck with the rewrites. Hope it goes well.
And have a *big return hug* :-)
Howdy Agent! good to see you too.

I haven't played NOLF, perhaps GoG will get it here someday (I'm sure they're working on it). It's one of the reason's Mass Effect is one of my favorite series.

I have a feeling that we (you, trentonlf, and I) are not the only ones who are starved for some decent lead female characters portrayed in any medium, not just gaming., Which is party why I'm writing my own into the series where ever they will fit, and feel as if they belong in that role. :)
GhostwriterDoF: It's a sword and sorcery fantasy series across multiple worlds, no sex or cussing, but it is not a children's tale. I've put quite a few strong female characters in where they should be, the worlds have a good balance, though not all of them survive or move on to other worlds. I'd like to have one female from start to finish, plus three of the main characters are kids who will grow up as they progress on their journey through the story.

trentonlf: The book/s sound right up my alley for sure! I look forward to seeing a link to buy it when it's done :-D
Bleed: Can anyone please explain to me what "Season Pass" is? Preferably in dummy words.
trentonlf: Season pass usually does not include the base game. If you have the base game and get the season pass then you get all the DLC's for the game and usually future ones too.
I was looking at Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass. Not exactly sure if it includes the four chapters released already and chapter 5 (TBA). Or if it's only Chapter one. Or just the 4 chapters. Or just some goodies and no game.
Post edited December 12, 2015 by Bleed
Bleed: I was looking at Dreamfall Chapters Season Pass. Not exactly sure if it includes the four chapters released already and chapter 5 (TBA). Or if it's only Chapter one. Or just the 4 chapters. Or just some goodies and no game.
It includes the four released chapters and you'll also get the fifth once it is released.