It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soccorro: I think the americans did not understand their language :P
It is quite impressive when you consider how many things it attempted to do with only a team of 9 people. It even used its own engine that they made which allowed for much larger maps.
Soccorro: I think the americans did not understand their language :P
ddickinson: It is quite impressive when you consider how many things it attempted to do with only a team of 9 people. It even used its own engine that they made which allowed for much larger maps.
Really!? O.O
Soccorro: Really!? O.O
It even supported widescreen resolutions and had a good multiplayer system as well. It looks like one of those games where they tried to do something really impressive, but it sadly just did not work out for them, which is a shame. While it is not really my kind of game as such, it is always nice to see developers do something new and challenging, and not just sticking to what is safe.
Soccorro: Really!? O.O
ddickinson: It even supported widescreen resolutions and had a good multiplayer system as well. It looks like one of those games where they tried to do something really impressive, but it sadly just did not work out for them, which is a shame. While it is not really my kind of game as such, it is always nice to see developers do something new and challenging, and not just sticking to what is safe.
very true
ddickinson: Because a celebrity posing naked for posters is really helping animals and raising awareness. [/sarcasm]

But anyway. I see we have a free game on offer today. Have you ever played it?
It raises plenty of awareness, just not for animals :-p

Yes, I've played it quite a lot. It's my 4th favourite video game :-) It is one of the most unique games I've played. It's primarily a first/third person shooter, but throws in a few levels where you build a base, a couple jet-ski races, and the final campaign feels like playing Rampage in 3D :-) I've had a lot of fun with the entire game.
The big downside though is a complete lack of saving. If you die, or need to quit, you have to start the entire level from the beginning, and some of the levels are quite long.
edit: Oh, sounds like you already know plenty about it :-)
Post edited December 12, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
Personally I really like that Gog during their sale usually give for free an old game,that give a chance for young players to discover old gems like this one.
Soccorro: very true
Have you seen anything you like from today's sale?

AgentBirdnest: It raises plenty of awareness, just not for animals :-p

Yes, I've played it quite a lot. It's my 4th favourite video game :-) It is one of the most unique games I've played. It's primarily a first/third person shooter, but throws in a few levels where you build a base, a couple jet-ski races, and the final campaign feels like playing Rampage in 3D :-) I've had a lot of fun with the entire game.
The big downside though is a complete lack of saving. If you die, or need to quit, you have to start the entire level from the beginning, and some of the levels are quite long.
Your 4th favourite game? (extra point for the U in favourite. :-)) In that case I am glad that I got it. At first I was going to leave it, but after I looked into it I thought it would be worth a try. I can't say it is my favourite type of game, but it still looks for and for the price who could resist :-). I have played a few modern games that don't even have saving. My brother told me that one of the Dawn of War 2 games did not even support saving during the missions when he tried it, not that they were very long, so I guess it is not that important.
Lolling: Personally I really like that Gog during their sale usually give for free an old game,that give a chance for young players to discover old gems like this one.
I agree, it's very nice.
Though, I wish GOG hadn't offered the game during the last sale just a few weeks ago, when it was to be made free today. Oh well, that kind of thing happens, I guess.
If everyone could toss some +1's at Moonshine the ninja lady, I'd greatly appreciate it. =)
CarrionCrow: If everyone could toss some +1's at Moonshine the ninja lady, I'd greatly appreciate it. =)
I am thinking she could secretly be Santa, which would explain all her wonderful gifting. :-)

Hello, Mr Crow! How are you today?
LeoLR: People give high praises to Saints Row 3 and 4.
toxicTom: I can only speak for SR2/3 and GTA1-4.
SR is more parody, while GTA is more satire. Insofar SR is more fun, and GTA hurts more. It's a matter of taste and mood, really. As games, both are great (with SR more accessible, at least on PC control-wise, IMO).

I probably like GTA more for it's more "gritty" and "earthy" humour. SR is more light-hearted and grotesque.
NoNewTaleToTell: "Bleh, I wouldn't have minded if you had hit me!". That line from the old guy pedestrian in Saints Row: The Third is stuck in my head. That and "Marriage has caused me to resent and fear women" that male pedestrians sometimes say in Saints Row 2.
I never played any Saints Row game and that's quite interesting and funny. I could try to gamble on the mystery game but it's a slim chance to get them through there. I'll just add them to my wishlist.

IAmSinistar: Well people, I'm heading off for the weekend. This is the last big stage of my move, so hopefully the next time you hear from me it will be from my fab new condo.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Nice! To move out is always a surprise. Only when you start to pack everything you realize how many things you accumulate with time.

j0ekerr: What about the latter games, did they fix that part? Or are they still delivery services, IN SPACE?!
What I take from this comment is there is no need to ask for a Futurama game. :-)
ddickinson: Your 4th favourite game? (extra point for the U in favourite. :-)) In that case I am glad that I got it. At first I was going to leave it, but after I looked into it I thought it would be worth a try. I can't say it is my favourite type of game, but it still looks for and for the price who could resist :-). I have played a few modern games that don't even have saving. My brother told me that one of the Dawn of War 2 games did not even support saving during the missions when he tried it, not that they were very long, so I guess it is not that important.
That's right. It was my nº3 for years, until a year ago when I played Blackwell :-) (number 1 and 2 are NOLF and Deus Ex, respectively.)
I guess we are a bit spoiled, being able to save anywhere in games. Old console games rarely had saving. It could take an entire day to finish a game like Super Mario 3. I remember playing that in the evening, then pausing it overnight and continuing the next day :-p
ddickinson: I am thinking she could secretly be Santa, which would explain all her wonderful gifting. :-)

Hello, Mr Crow! How are you today?
Would say the odds of that are a bit low. She actually exists, after all. ;)

Doing all right here. Fixing something to eat in between talking and watching some videos.

How was your day?
I think I will be calling it a night. I am still only getting a spinning loading thing on the chat, and the forum is acting up a little for me as well. Sorry to anyone I did not answer in chat, but hopefully it will be working again when I am next online.

I hope you all have a lovely day, and a great weekend! Take care.

*hugs and waves*

AgentBirdnest: That's right. It was my nº3 for years, until a year ago when I played Blackwell :-) (number 1 and 2 are NOLF and Deus Ex, respectively.)
I guess we are a bit spoiled, being able to save anywhere in games. Old console games rarely had saving. It could take an entire day to finish a game like Super Mario 3. I remember playing that in the evening, then pausing it overnight and continuing the next day :-p
Those are some good games, or so I hear. I have still not played any of them yet. :-)
Are we spoiled? Or are we just used to modern technology and features. I think it is kind of sad when big modern games don't even have the basic features that the older games had, at least back then there were limitations to what could be done. Old console games were definitely hard, but I guess as a kid you never really minded the time and the lack of saves. You have all the time in the world when you are a kid, or at least we thought that.

Goodnight, Agent!

CarrionCrow: Would say the odds of that are a bit low. She actually exists, after all. ;)

Doing all right here. Fixing something to eat in between talking and watching some videos.

How was your day?
But does she? o_O :-)

Glad to hear you are doing fine. I am not too bad, been a long day and a few things not so good, but over all nothing to complain about (except maybe me being tired of this bloody coughing :-)). I did not get my results, sadly, but apparently they will definitely be on my doctors desk on Monday so I will go see her then.

Goodnight, Mr Crow!
Post edited December 12, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: I think I will be calling it a night. I am still only getting a spinning loading thing on the chat, and the forum is acting up a little for me as well. Sorry to anyone I did not answer in chat, but hopefully it will be working again when I am next online.

I hope you all have a lovely day, and a great weekend! Take care.

*hugs and waves*

AgentBirdnest: That's right. It was my nº3 for years, until a year ago when I played Blackwell :-) (number 1 and 2 are NOLF and Deus Ex, respectively.)
ddickinson: Those are some good games, or so I hear. I have still not played any of them yet. :-)
Are we spoiled? Or are we just used to modern technology and features. I think it is kind of sad when big modern games don't even have the basic features that the older games had, at least back then there were limitations to what could be done. Old console games were definitely hard, but I guess as a kid you never really minded the time and the lack of saves. You have all the time in the world when you are a kid, or at least we thought that.

Goodnight, Agent!

CarrionCrow: Would say the odds of that are a bit low. She actually exists, after all. ;)

How was your day?
ddickinson: But does she? o_O :-)

Glad to hear you are doing fine. I am not too bad, been a long day and a few things not so good, but over all nothing to complain about (except maybe me being tired of this bloody coughing :-)). I did not get my results, sadly, but apparently they will definitely be on my doctors desk on Monday so I will go see her then.

Goodnight, Mr Crow!
Good night!