It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

superstande: good morning Crow & Stilton!
Planescape has some lovely humor too, right down you alley (pardon my expression), Stilton! :)
Good morning, soup. Is it freezing there? A nice warm bowl of soup and a couple of slices of toast would be just right if it is.

I'm gravitating towards it, I think. But the snowy angle is being persistent, so I'm now also thinking of Banished and Syberia as possible contenders. (At this rate it'll be January before I get something installed...)

How's your morning there? Any real snow?
Stilton: Have you been through Planescape? That would probably fit the bill. A respected game that predates the others and jam-packed with story. I've heard nothing but good about it.
I played it a long time ago.

It's definitely got story, and it's separate from all the other entries. It's a game that isn't linked to any of the others, so you can play it without worrying about other experiences being diminished somehow.
superstande: good morning Crow & Stilton!
Planescape has some lovely humor too, right down you alley (pardon my expression), Stilton! :)
Good morning. =)

How're you doing today?
Post edited December 12, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Stilton: Good morning, soup. Is it freezing there? A nice warm bowl of soup and a couple of slices of toast would be just right if it is.

I'm gravitating towards it, I think. But the snowy angle is being persistent, so I'm now also thinking of Banished and Syberia as possible contenders. (At this rate it'll be January before I get something installed...)

Thank you. It is cold indeed. Not a bad idea, some warm toast would be good, and a pot of coffee.
We haven't got snow here, but up in the far north there is a blanket of whiteness covering everything I've heard.
It's the climate change - used to get snow, now we just wait and see :)

If snow's important those two might be good choices... Only Simon The Sorcerer 1 comes to mind, and that's only a small part of the game where there's snow. But it's cool old school snow ;)
oh and this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/72900/?snr=1_7_15__13
superstande: Words...
Oh cool! I just thought I'd throw that recommendation out there in case you hadn't played it, a lot of people haven't. I actually need to replay it myself. I had a playthrough going sometime last year but my laptop went belly up, managed to recover that save a few months ago but I realize now that I'm 30+ hours in, can't remember half of the main characters or the areas, and well...yeah I need to restart haha.

Anyway...good time of day GOGolytes!

Thinking of Mount & Blade mods, I'm half surprised that nobody has made a Star Trek mod! Or maybe they tried but it got shut down IMMEDIATELY. I've only seen one forum posting even discussing the idea and that was 5+ years ago.
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

How're you doing today?
Cheerio, Crow!
I'm feeling alright. My wife just made coffee... I'm told I must serve the coffee :)
Things could be worse... A week more of work, then the rest of the year is mostly holiday.
Plenty of time to clear some of the backlog.
How are things over there?
superstande: Words...
NoNewTaleToTell: Oh cool! I just thought I'd throw that recommendation out there in case you hadn't played it, a lot of people haven't. I actually need to replay it myself. I had a playthrough going sometime last year but my laptop went belly up, managed to recover that save a few months ago but I realize now that I'm 30+ hours in, can't remember half of the main characters or the areas, and well...yeah I need to restart haha.

Anyway...good time of day GOGolytes!

Thinking of Mount & Blade mods, I'm half surprised that nobody has made a Star Trek mod! Or maybe they tried but it got shut down IMMEDIATELY. I've only seen one forum posting even discussing the idea and that was 5+ years ago.
Damn... you are starting over that epic! :) Are you sure? ... But yeah... it's funny when that happens... Can't remember what you were supposed to do, and all the npc's are all like, "Thanks for taking on this quest," :)

Star Trek and M&B... licencing issues?
superstande: Cheerio, Crow!
I'm feeling alright. My wife just made coffee... I'm told I must serve the coffee :)
Things could be worse... A week more of work, then the rest of the year is mostly holiday.
Plenty of time to clear some of the backlog.
How are things over there?
Very nice. With how much you work, that amount of rest-time has got to be awesome to look forward

Can't complain here. Just chewing my way through all the odds and ends of Saints Row 3 at the moment. Figure I'll take a break shortly so I don't end up burning out before the finish line. Have been playing quite a bit of that the last day or so.
Stilton: Good morning, soup. Is it freezing there? A nice warm bowl of soup and a couple of slices of toast would be just right if it is.

superstande: Thank you. It is cold indeed. Not a bad idea, some warm toast would be good, and a pot of coffee.
We haven't got snow here, but up in the far north there is a blanket of whiteness covering everything I've heard.
It's the climate change - used to get snow, now we just wait and see :)

If snow's important those two might be good choices... Only Simon The Sorcerer 1 comes to mind, and that's only a small part of the game where there's snow. But it's cool old school snow ;)
oh and this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/72900/?snr=1_7_15__13
Thank you for the suggestions. :-) I've not been tempted yet by the Simon games (to be honest I don't like the look of them much), and Steam is verboten!!!!! Dammit, clicked my heels too hard and the Nazi salute sent my cuppa up in the air. But thank you for joining in with the game search. I think Syberia's snow appears near the end, and I'm not sure how fast Banished's seasons whizz by. Screenshots look nice and wintry, but it might only last an hour or two. Just like the real thing here, when it comes. I'll have to keep looking...
CarrionCrow: Very nice. With how much you work, that amount of rest-time has got to be awesome to look forward

Can't complain here. Just chewing my way through all the odds and ends of Saints Row 3 at the moment. Figure I'll take a break shortly so I don't end up burning out before the finish line. Have been playing quite a bit of that the last day or so.
thanks, it's true... but at least there are no hang-overs to stir up the chaos further ;)
Just looked at SR2-3. The firestarter in me says, "Yes!" :) ...I haven't ever played them. So glad they are on gog :)
Good whatever, everyone.
Another night of short sleep. At least the hours I got were good quality :-)

Whaddawegot left on front page? 31 hours? As usual, I don't remember what a non-sale front page looks like.
AgentBirdnest: Good whatever, everyone.
Another night of short sleep. At least the hours I got were good quality :-)

Whaddawegot left on front page? 31 hours? As usual, I don't remember what a non-sale front page looks like.
Goiid Moirning Agent Sir! :)
Hope the sleep was enough.
superstande: Damn... you are starting over that epic! :) Are you sure? ... But yeah... it's funny when that happens... Can't remember what you were supposed to do, and all the npc's are all like, "Thanks for taking on this quest," :)

Star Trek and M&B... licencing issues?
Not much choice haha!

It could be licensing issues BUT there are other mods containing licensed franchises like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc. Maybe the Star Trek folks are a bit more strict.

For all you music lovers out there, Bandcamp is now allowing artists to bundle and sell their entire discography (or parts) in one go, usually with a discount. I just noticed this myself when checking out Ayria's Bandcamp page, she's offering her entire discography for $50.40, which saves you 30%.

Keep in mind that Bandcamp also takes a much smaller cut compared to every other store. Including Paypal fees, Bandcamp takes around 20% out of each sale and you can take 5% (making the cut around 15% including Paypal fees) of that off if you make $5,000 a year. Other stores take 30% and usually make you Paypal's fees on top of it, if they use Paypal to pay you. So in short, even if you don't sell enough to get the discount, you're still getting around 80% of each sale.

On top of them taking a smaller cut, you can set your own prices for everything, and can allow people to pay more if they want to. Not only that, but you can sell different formats (in a way) on a single page. By that I mean, if you release an album and made physical copies of it, on the album's page you'll be able to offer both the digital AND the physical version, which beats having to look around for each version. They were also doing the "buy the physical version and get the digital version immediately!" thing before Amazon and I've yet to find a physical version that didn't have that deal set up.

Plus you can sell other kinds of merch (for example: Nicole Dollanganger wrote and sells a zine through Bandcamp).

Another fun thing is that you can upload bonus material to be included with an album/song, so you can throw your music video up as a bonus item, or a PDF of your lyrics or whatever!

As an artist you can recommend other artists on your page if you want to, so you've got the community thing going on, and fans can contact you via a handy dandy link on your album pages. There is sort of a review ability, as fans who've bought your material show up as "supported by" on the album's/song's page and can leave a review.

And as of earlier this year you can now sell subscriptions through Bandcamp.

So yeah, Bandcamp continues to improve!

Oh and go check out Ayria, she's awesome! ayria.bandcamp.com
Post edited December 12, 2015 by NoNewTaleToTell
Sup nerds
superstande: Goiid Moirning Agent Sir! :)
Hope the sleep was enough.
I guess it will have to be enough. Spent the last hour trying to go back to sleep, and no luck. But no matter, it was a good rest overall. So I'll stop complaining about it :-)
NoNewTaleToTell: So yeah, Bandcamp continues to improve!

Oh and go check out Ayria, she's awesome! ayria.bandcamp.com
She's pretty cool :) Might have to buy some of her work. Dark, yet very quality stuff.
The cover for Hearts For Bullets and the F*CK FASHION on her shirt reminds me of Chicks On Speed and Fashion Rules...
Post edited December 12, 2015 by superstande