It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

reading about people's exhaustion was also a lot of fun... that didn't seem to end just because the insomnia was over :) people sounded really tired...
I remember taking like 10 breaks at work, carrying my smart phone everywhere, taking a quick look.... quite mad, but so much fun :)
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Mmm sounds interesting. But I think that's a pretty bad idea for me as I see on the steam sales, there were the 8 hour deals going around everyday in a sale, and I had to check back what I missed or I'm missing on. So, my point is that I missed lots of things that interested me back then, because I would need to sleep. Pretty good idea nevertheless.
That's where the social aspect comes in. Watchers who are up will watch for games while others sleep. Trackers will take turns monitoring so that each can have a break. It really does build up the community, all this interaction. Folks who just want to see the sale items and be done with it don't like Insomnia sales, but those of us who enjoy each others company relish them.

moonshineshadow: And most important the birth of the legendary Keaning :D
So true. And on this day was born a legend, mightier than all the rest! :)
superstande: reading about people's exhaustion was also a lot of fun... that didn't seem to end just because the insomnia was over :) people sounded really tired...
I remember taking like 10 breaks at work, carrying my smart phone everywhere, taking a quick look.... quite mad, but so much fun :)
Yeah... I really miss all that... :-| Why did GOG give up those sales ?...
Empress_Owl: Yeah... I really miss all that... :-| Why did GOG give up those sales ?...
You know, I'm not sure they gave them up - I think (I HOPE!) they just pared them down a bit to keep the magic alive. I think last year they ended up doing two of them in one year. I'm hoping it'll be a once a year type thing, maybe in the next few months between major seasonal sales?
Empress_Owl: Yeah... I really miss all that... :-| Why did GOG give up those sales ?...
I'm hoping that they haven't and that they are just making them infrequent, to keep them special.
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Mmm sounds interesting. But I think that's a pretty bad idea for me as I see on the steam sales, there were the 8 hour deals going around everyday in a sale, and I had to check back what I missed or I'm missing on. So, my point is that I missed lots of things that interested me back then, because I would need to sleep. Pretty good idea nevertheless.
IAmSinistar: That's where the social aspect comes in. Watchers who are up will watch for games while others sleep. Trackers will take turns monitoring so that each can have a break. It really does build up the community, all this interaction. Folks who just want to see the sale items and be done with it don't like Insomnia sales, but those of us who enjoy each others company relish them.

moonshineshadow: And most important the birth of the legendary Keaning :D
IAmSinistar: So true. And on this day was born a legend, mightier than all the rest! :)
Don't get me wrong. I enjoy company, but I don't really want to miss things I wanted from a sale. (Today this isn't a case for me anymore, but yeah you got my point)

and who is the keaning?
Ixamyakxim: You know, I'm not sure they gave them up - I think (I HOPE!) they just pared them down a bit to keep the magic alive. I think last year they ended up doing two of them in one year. I'm hoping it'll be a once a year type thing, maybe in the next few months between major seasonal sales?
IAmSinistar: I'm hoping that they haven't and that they are just making them infrequent, to keep them special.
I hope you're true !!! :))
Good afternoon!

how are you all doing? fine I trust?

I got kohan to work on the linux, so my good mood is secured for the rest of the day ;)

When I'm done studying I think I'm going to watch Zulu or Waterloo yet again...
IAmSinistar: I'm hoping that they haven't and that they are just making them infrequent, to keep them special.
Empress_Owl: I hope you're true !!! :))
*grabs Owl and pleases her with hugs and scratches her head*
Vnlr: Good afternoon!

how are you all doing? fine I trust?

I got kohan to work on the linux, so my good mood is secured for the rest of the day ;)

When I'm done studying I think I'm going to watch Zulu or Waterloo yet again...
Hugs for you!
Post edited December 11, 2015 by l0rdtr3k
alright I've bought 5 squirrels... who wants to trade all this crap for the Gothics? ;)
Hello everyone *big hugs and waves* :)

Edit: That's odd. Why did they release Rebellion before Trinity....that doesn't make any sense...
Post edited December 11, 2015 by ElTerprise
IAmSinistar: That's where the social aspect comes in. Watchers who are up will watch for games while others sleep. Trackers will take turns monitoring so that each can have a break. It really does build up the community, all this interaction. Folks who just want to see the sale items and be done with it don't like Insomnia sales, but those of us who enjoy each others company relish them.

So true. And on this day was born a legend, mightier than all the rest! :)
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Don't get me wrong. I enjoy company, but I don't really want to miss things I wanted from a sale. (Today this isn't a case for me anymore, but yeah you got my point)

and who is the keaning?
Sit down child because I'm gonna tell a tale. :-)

It was November, 2013 here on GOG. People from around the world flocked to this site for one mad sale. Everyone glued to their screens waiting for games to show up without even knowing what would come next, as I Am Sinistar already told you. Then it appeared. The man: Jack. The game: Jack Keane 2.

For me it was during night time and I don't remember how many units were put to sale (hundreds perhaps). What was a frantic sale suddenly came to a halt. For reasons not fully known, no one was buying it. Maybe because Jack Keane 2 was expensive and it got a smaller discount compared to others games on that sale. And at least to me it was an unknown title, something that I believe was also true to several people.

As I said the game wasn't selling well. Not fast enough anyway, taking hours to sell only a few units. Some people gave up, a few endured. Crazy reviews started to appear on the game page. Check for yourself the reviews dated of november 2013. I believe that even the company behind the game took notice of the happening at the time.

That was the Keaning. A remarkable moment in GOG's history.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by LeoLR
ElTerprise: Edit: That's odd. Why did they release Rebellion before Trinity....that doesn't make any sense...
The consensus seems to be that Trinity is rendered moot by Rebellion.
LeoLR: [...]
Very nice summary :-)
I think you are right about the reasons for it not selling. Those have always been my best guesses. It was too expensive, and too unknown. Plus, it was a sequel to a pretty unknown game - and many people probably wouldn't want to play the second game before the first.
IAmSinistar: The consensus seems to be that Trinity is rendered moot by Rebellion.
Yes i know - have both Trinity and Rebellion elsewhere. That's why i was wondering about the release order. Maybe having Trinity included in that release would have been a smarter move....