It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

superstande: Hey how is Agent supposed to know the future? :)
He is an Agent, he should have infiltrated the gog base and found out what they are planning ;-)
moonshineshadow: He is an Agent, he should have infiltrated the gog base and found out what they are planning ;-)
The problem is I think he is only after their peanut butter. :-)
superstande: aside from the squirrel, I haven't really bought anything from this sale, doesn't inspire me too much somehow.
... back in the old days (with a rasping old man's voice) there was a lot more excitement. these young people today...
they don't have imagination! I tell ya!
AgentBirdnest: Agreed... Back in my time, sales were so interesting that they spawned Conversational threads :-)
Did I ever tell you youngsters how I got this gamey leg back in Insomnia '13? Back before they outlawed the use of Jack Keane, we use to lay shrapnel mines and...
Tomorrow is of emotional good-buys.

What does this mean for tomorrow? When I hear the word emotional the Leisure Suit Larry games come to my mind.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by XxXSprayvWarXxX
AgentBirdnest: Errrrrr ,','',',',',',',':-|
I'll pay you back... How about a copy of Giants that I just got? :-p
**throwing Giant free boxes at Agent's head** >:-\
AgentBirdnest: Agreed... Back in my time, sales were so interesting that they spawned Conversational threads :-)
IAmSinistar: Did I ever tell you youngsters how I got this gamey leg back in Insomnia '13? Back before they outlawed the use of Jack Keane, we use to lay shrapnel mines and...
What is Insomnia sale! I hear this a lot. What's so cool from it?
He's an AGENT !! he's supposed to know about ennemie's plans.... >:-|
moonshineshadow: He is an Agent, he should have infiltrated the gog base and found out what they are planning ;-)
\o/ that's what I thought !!! ^^ thanks, Moon.
Post edited December 11, 2015 by Empress_Owl
AgentBirdnest: Errrrrr ,','',',',',',',':-|
I'll pay you back... How about a copy of Giants that I just got? :-p
Empress_Owl: **throwing Giant free boxes at Agent's head** >:-\
Lol :P
IAmSinistar: Did I ever tell you youngsters how I got this gamey leg back in Insomnia '13? Back before they outlawed the use of Jack Keane, we use to lay shrapnel mines and...
Wow! *in awe* you were around way back in the times of Insomnia '13...
Hooo..... I remember that........ good old days... :-(|}
The Keaning...
Post edited December 11, 2015 by Empress_Owl
XxXSprayvWarXxX: What is Insomnia sale! I hear this a lot. What's so cool from it?
Hard to explain, it must be lived through to appreciate. Basically GOG puts up one title at a time, of a limited number, and the next game doesn't appear until the current one sells out. It could be just 50 copies of a highly desired game, or 500 of a common one, or really any variation thereof. Since no-one knows what is coming next, and for the first pass no-one even knows what games are included, there forms a very active community around the sale. Trackers track the games that come up and their price/quantity, watchers watch for games that others are interested in, and basically everyone hangs out for a marathon as the first round plays out. Tremendous social fun.

EDIT: typo
Post edited December 11, 2015 by IAmSinistar
Empress_Owl: \o/ that's what I thought !!! ^^ thanks, Moon.
Hey, I never said I was a good Agent :-p
XxXSprayvWarXxX: What is Insomnia sale! I hear this a lot. What's so cool from it?
well... the discounts were better I think... but the biggest difference was the pace and style... they might announce a game or two... and there was a number of copies to be sold before the next one came around. So depending on the popularity, it might go by quick or very slowly.... you'd just have to stay up to see, if you didn't want to miss some really good discounts... they came one ofter the other, you see.

edit: oh, ninja'd by the master :)
Post edited December 11, 2015 by superstande
IAmSinistar: Hard to explain, it must be lived through to appreciate. Basically GOG puts up on title at a time, of a limited number, and the next game doesn't appear until it sells out. It could be just 50 copies of a highly desired game, or 500 of a common one, or really any variation thereof. Since no-one knows what is coming next, and for the first pass no one even knows what games are included, there forms a very active community around the sale. Trackers track the games that come up and their price/quantity, watchers watch for games that others are interested in, and basically everyone hangs out for a marathon as the first round plays out. Tremendous social fun.
Mmm sounds interesting. But I think that's a pretty bad idea for me as I see on the steam sales, there were the 8 hour deals going around everyday in a sale, and I had to check back what I missed or I'm missing on. So, my point is that I missed lots of things that interested me back then, because I would need to sleep. Pretty good idea nevertheless.
superstande: well... the discounts were better I think... but the biggest difference was the pace and style... they might announce a game or two... and there was a number of copies to be sold before the next one came around. So depending on the popularity, it might go by quick or very slowly.... you'd just have to stay up to see, if you didn't want to miss some really good discounts... they came one ofter the other, you see.

edit: oh, ninja'd by the master :)
Yes, sounds a good idea
Post edited December 11, 2015 by XxXSprayvWarXxX
IAmSinistar: Hard to explain, it must be lived through to appreciate. Basically GOG puts up one title at a time, of a limited number, and the next game doesn't appear until the current one sells out. It could be just 50 copies of a highly desired game, or 500 of a common one, or really any variation thereof. Since no-one knows what is coming next, and for the first pass no-one even knows what games are included, there forms a very active community around the sale. Trackers track the games that come up and their price/quantity, watchers watch for games that others are interested in, and basically everyone hangs out for a marathon as the first round plays out. Tremendous social fun.
And most important the birth of the legendary Keaning :D