It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: Yes, I did. Even managed to get past the first mission that inflicts first-person gun view on the player.
If not for the game's huge amount of personality, from the setting to the music to the people they got to do the voice acting, there wouldn't be much chance of me playing through it.
I frigging know that the still bad even after being modded controls are going to bite me in the ass repeatedly, but I'll still play it because of the good things.
"It is written chapter 23, verse 5 of my book, he that gambles his money away is a fool. But he that believes in me will go to spend eternity in space with other affluent, well-to-do people. It's that simple. Do what I say and you won't have to think for yourself."

I was splitting my sides when I heard that the first time.
-----
Kerball is a must have game for all those people who enjoy calculating derivatives.
Post edited December 10, 2015 by j0ekerr
CarrionCrow: The term was attached to you initially. Figure there's more than enough room for one person with that hobby.

Fell asleep here, woke up, did some housework, played a game. Nothing too terribly exciting.

Glad to hear your evening's been pleasant. =)
I prefer the bolter and chainsword over the flamer. :-)

Did you fall asleep at your computer?

Thank you.

---

I think I will try to get some sleep as I am nearly nodding off. Take care, and have a lovely evening!

*sleepy hugs and silly waves*
Post edited December 10, 2015 by ddickinson
CarrionCrow: The mission of flying a remote control helicopter through a building and placing bombs would've been a nightmare without the controller support mod I grabbed. Figuring the levels aren't going to get easier, so the awful default controls would just be more and more evident.

Agreed. Between 3, Vice City and San Andreas, it didn't take long to know which of the three I wanted.
Oh boy i remember that mission....that one was horrible to control on PC but frankly not much better to control on a PS2.
Yeah probably ... have fun with the leaflet one when you get there....

It's funny now that the Saints Row series got way better ports (if you forget about the crappy SR2 port from CD Projekt - that one could use a remaster with all DLC on PC as well) with better controls. It's much easier to control helicopters and airplaines at least imho....and Rockstar still haven't really figured that out....

Actually San Andreas would be my least favourite one of those three because i would prefer 3 over it due to its gritty setting and its Mafia plot. I'm not really into the 90s setting of San Andreas (mostly because i don't like Rap / HipHop).
ElTerprise: Oh boy i remember that mission....that one was horrible to control on PC but frankly not much better to control on a PS2.

It's funny now that the Saints Row series got way better ports (if you forget about the crappy SR2 port from CD Projekt - that one could use a remaster with all DLC on PC as well) with better controls. It's much easier to control helicopters and airplaines at least imho....and Rockstar still haven't really figured that out....

Actually San Andreas would be my least favourite one of those three because i would prefer 3 over it due to its gritty setting and its Mafia plot. I'm not really into the 90s setting of San Andreas (mostly because i don't like Rap / HipHop).
To me every single GTA game has been about driving around and listening to the in-game radio. In that respect Vice City is the supreme champion.
Post edited December 10, 2015 by j0ekerr
j0ekerr: To me every single GTA games has been about driving around and listening to the in-game radio. In that respect Vice City is the supreme champion.
Absolutely agree...could spend a lot of time doing that.
ddickinson: I think I will try to get some sleep as I am nearly nodding off. Take care, and have a lovely evening!

*sleepy hugs and silly waves*
Good Night DD *big good night hug*
Sleep well :)
Post edited December 10, 2015 by ElTerprise
j0ekerr: "It is written chapter 23, verse 5 of my book, he that gambles his money away is a fool. But he that believes in me will go to spend eternity in space with other affluent, well-to-do people. It's that simple. Do what I say and you won't have to think for yourself."

I was splitting my sides when I heard that the first time.
-laughs- Just got through hearing that a bit ago.
ElTerprise: Oh boy i remember that mission....that one was horrible to control on PC but frankly not much better to control on a PS2.

Would say that the controls for Saints Row feel better to me. Course, I also keep reminding myself that Vice City came out in 2002 or 3. What looked spectacular then looks semi-crap and clunky as hell now.

3 feels generic in a way, but also not a fan of San Andreas. Would probably pick 3 because Rockstar gutted at least some of the music out of the rental SA version.
Post edited December 10, 2015 by CarrionCrow
I'm tired and I need to get up early tomorrow.

I'm tucking in. See y'all.
j0ekerr: I'm tired and I need to get up early tomorrow.

I'm tucking in. See y'all.
Stupid human need to sleep...

Have a good night. =)
CarrionCrow: Would say that the controls for Saints Row feel better to me. Course, I also keep reminding myself that Vice City came out in 2002 or 3. What looked spectacular then looks semi-crap and clunky as hell now.

3 feels generic in a way, but also not a fan of San Andreas. Would probably pick 3 because Rockstar gutted at least some of the music out of the rental SA version.
Well as i said i played it on a PS2 at a friend's home and the controls weren't the best back then either but sure it cannot compete with modern games.

It probably is but then again it was their first 3D try. Didn't that also happen to Vice City?
ElTerprise: Well as i said i played it on a PS2 at a friend's home and the controls weren't the best back then either but sure it cannot compete with modern games.

It probably is but then again it was their first 3D try. Didn't that also happen to Vice City?
No, it really can't. The difference between playing Vice City and playing Saints Row 3 or 4 is pretty massive.

You're right, it did. Honestly didn't think Vice City had been chopped, but it was. The big difference is that people who bought it before the licensing issues came up got to keep their unaltered game, while new buyers got the altered one.
From what I read, they didn't go that route with San Andreas. They just chopped everything for everyone.
CarrionCrow: No, it really can't. The difference between playing Vice City and playing Saints Row 3 or 4 is pretty massive.

You're right, it did. Honestly didn't think Vice City had been chopped, but it was. The big difference is that people who bought it before the licensing issues came up got to keep their unaltered game, while new buyers got the altered one.
From what I read, they didn't go that route with San Andreas. They just chopped everything for everyone.
Well and of course also GTA IV or V ;)

Well what they did with San Andreas sucks...i mean i don't like that they removed some music but licensed music can make that necessary. The approach for Vice City sounds slightly better then. And i can't be that much too...

Need some sleep now. Good night everyone :)
Aand this is dj super welcoming you to the fierce morning edition show!

A big shout out to the night shift, looking good chiefs!

I'll fire up a dozen pots of various blends of coffee!
*waves*
Good morning, Fred.
AgentBirdnest: *waves*
Good morning, Fred.
And we have our first caller of the day!

How are you sir on this fine day?
superstande: And we have our first caller of the day!

How are you sir on this fine day?
Good morning, DJ Super! Play me something nice and relaxing, that won't aggravate my headache (other than that, I'm okay :-))
How are you?