It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

akhliber: Just saying hello to the lovely people of the thread. I hope those of you not feeling well will get some relief soon! I wish you all a wonderful day!

I'm enjoying a day of being lost in thought, interrupted with regular bouts of play with the pup. I've got so many great games to play, and so much that could really stand to get done around the house, but I'm taking the day off to drift in space.
Hi Akh, 'day dreaming' is one of my favoritist hobbies. :-)
akhliber: Just saying hello to the lovely people of the thread. I hope those of you not feeling well will get some relief soon! I wish you all a wonderful day!

I'm enjoying a day of being lost in thought, interrupted with regular bouts of play with the pup. I've got so many great games to play, and so much that could really stand to get done around the house, but I'm taking the day off to drift in space.
Good afternoon. =)

Nothing wrong with that. If you try forcing a game, it tends to be inferior to when you just feel like playing it.
akhliber:
EndreWhiteMane: Hi Akh, 'day dreaming' is one of my favoritist hobbies. :-)
Mine too! It doesn't get half the credit it deserves. ;)
akhliber:
CarrionCrow: Good afternoon. =)

Nothing wrong with that. If you try forcing a game, it tends to be inferior to when you just feel like playing it.
Agreed. Plus, having spent the morning copying documents and writing letters to prove to my former employer that I'm still disabled so they don't cancel all my employee benefits (which is particularly amusing, considering my former employer is also the bank that receives my direct-deposited checks from Social Security.) So I'm sending the bank that receives my disability checks proof that I received a disability check, as once again--as seems to be the case about once or twice a year--they have "reason to believe I am no longer on disability." The silver lining is that it helps me miss my job a whole lot less, as it reminds me just how backwards all the thinking in that place was. :)
But after sending those letters this morning, everything beyond drifting feels a bit too much like a chore.
Post edited December 08, 2015 by akhliber
akhliber: Agreed. Plus, having spent the morning copying documents and writing letters to prove to my former employer that I'm still disabled so they don't cancel all my employee benefits (which is particularly amusing, considering my former employer is also the bank that receives my direct-deposited checks from Social Security.) So I'm sending the bank that receives my disability checks proof that I received a disability check, as once again--as seems to be the case about once or twice a year--they have "reason to believe I am no longer on disability." The silver lining is that it helps me miss my job a whole lot less, as it reminds me just how backwards all the thinking in that place was. :)
But after sending those letters this morning, everything beyond drifting feels a bit too much like a chore.
Any kind of government-related paperwork is always an energy drain. Being made to jump through hoops by imbeciles isn't fun.
Glad to hear you got the bullshit out of the way.
EndreWhiteMane: Hi Tom, hope relaxing a bit yesterday helped. :-)
Good to see you around here again.
*Big hugs*

It helped a little. Only problem is that I now have to do the work I didn't do yesterday.
My total score today is Settlers: Rise of an Empire, one I've looked at and passed up several times.
Tomorrow sounds like Wing Commander and Hitman bundles so it'll be a lean day for me also.
There just aren't enough games left here that I still want. Don't know if that's good or bad. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: My total score today is Settlers: Rise of an Empire, one I've looked at and passed up several times.
Tomorrow sounds like Wing Commander and Hitman bundles so it'll be a lean day for me also.
There just aren't enough games left here that I still want. Don't know if that's good or bad. :-)
It's a good thing overall, I think. When you get to the point that you're beating more than you're buying, the backlog's going in the right direction.
Fuckin' Draghi!

It may not have seem like much, but I've done the math and games are about 20% more expensive than they were last year. All thanks to the fucker.

So anyways I'm thinking I'll be getting the two obvious HoMM games. Am I missing anything I shouldn't miss by cherry picking? Or am I well set with those two?
Post edited December 08, 2015 by j0ekerr
Well, I got 1600 words for my introduction out of the way, so I think it was a good day in terms of work. Now it's time for dinner and relaxation. :P
j0ekerr: Not so ancient, the Sony renaissance was not that long ago, as was its fall through hubris.
Every new console release consigns the previous one to the mists of shadow and legend.

akhliber: I'm enjoying a day of being lost in thought, interrupted with regular bouts of play with the pup.
I'd say you're spending the day the best out of all of us.
Heya! Just visiting quickly. Got my "After Work Moment" while I still have some energy but it might run out unexpectedly ^__^

Ahkliber's story brings to mind a Terry Gilliam movie ;) or even a Franz Kafka novel...
And Terry Gilliam brings to mind that everybody should see The Zero Theorem! :P
Post edited December 08, 2015 by superstande
Hello folks, folksettes and that dog over in the corner, I hope you're having a decent and/or passable day?

Today is a deathrock kinda day. If you don't know what deathrock is, it's basically goth's punk rock sister...which is kinda weird since goth in the beginning was pretty punk rock itself, but just roll with it, yeah?
EndreWhiteMane: There just aren't enough games left here that I still want. Don't know if that's good or bad. :-)
I'd say that's a good thing. I've reached a point of near-saturation myself, and haven't been pulled in by this sale yet. Of course, I did get a little carried away recently with some new game purchases, but I think it's finally started to sink in that I already have more games than I could possibly expect to play in my lifetime, and though I'm sure I'll continue to add to my collection going forward, it's nowhere near as tempting to bite every time a game on my wishlist goes on sale.
IAmSinistar: I'd say you're spending the day the best out of all of us.
Sarge is now napping, and I'm considering doing the same. I'm two-fisting coffee (left hand: hot, right hand: iced) and kicking back to some good new-to-me music. It's not like I accomplish a whole lot on a normal day, but a day spent focusing on non-accomplishment feels like a real treat. ;)
superstande: Heya! Just visiting quickly. Got my "After Work Moment" while I still have some energy but it might run out unexpectedly ^__^

Ahkliber's story brings to mind a Terry Gilliam movie ;) or even a Franz Kafka novel...
And Terry Gilliam brings to mind that everybody should see The Zero Theorem! :P
It feels a bit too much like a Terry Gilliam movie sometimes. ;) Speaking of Kafka, I saw this on the webs recently. Need a backpack? ;)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/67/31/13/673113d1bdd6568e4d6304c31c335c4d.jpg
Post edited December 08, 2015 by akhliber
NoNewTaleToTell: Hello folks, folksettes and that dog over in the corner, I hope you're having a decent and/or passable day?

Today is a deathrock kinda day. If you don't know what deathrock is, it's basically goth's punk rock sister...which is kinda weird since goth in the beginning was pretty punk rock itself, but just roll with it, yeah?
For me, it's Tame Impala's "Currents," which I imagine is a pretty far cry from deathrock. :)
akhliber: Sarge is now napping, and I'm considering doing the same. I'm two-fisting coffee (left hand: hot, right hand: iced) and kicking back to some good new-to-me music. It's not like I accomplish a whole lot on a normal day, but a day spent focusing on non-accomplishment feels like a real treat. ;)
I hear ya. I hoping to finally get some time around the holidays to kick back and maybe listen to Marc Almond's latest while sipping something appropriate. Just not absinthe - I like the concept of drinking it, but don't seem to be able enjoy drinking it.

Meanwhile, you better get in whatever sleeping you're going to. Dogs at his age aren't resting, they're recharging. :)