It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

j0ekerr: The thing about macs is that up to a point, they did make some sense, specially when they run on powerpc processors. Ever since they switched to Intel they're custom made unix systems.
Yes. Isn't that the reason something like Hackintosh is a thing nowadays. Now that Mac is capable of running on pretty much any x86-thingy? Well they're pretty closed-system custom made made unix systems...

XxXSprayvWarXxX: Hey guys, I will have to head to my bed now! :) Have a good night guys and take care! :)
Good night :)
ElTerprise: Never used any Apple product to this date and i have no intention to change that because they are overpriced imho. The OS might not be bad though from what i've seen - i might give a hackintosh a try when i have for that....
j0ekerr: The OS is nothing more than a prettied up Unix, a painted Jezebel (to those who don't know who Jezebel was, picture a toothless crack whore with a ton of makeup). And since they control the hardware it runs on, of course the damn thing is gonna work great. It's like being surprised that a console's firmware doesn't crash every odd hour.
Stilton: Leeches, Macs and dogs, things have been busy the last little while. Of the three I'd keep the dogs and use the Macs to beat the leeches to death (its about all either are good for).

Hi, people, how are things in Game Land?
j0ekerr: I dunno I haven't had time to game.
I had time to fantasize about shooting the physics guy in the foot though.
It's an inside joke.
---
I'm trying to think anything else they might be good for and I can't think of a single thing. Other than showing the world that you're part of the sect.
At least the old imacs made good designer fishbowls.
I bet they made for some pretty pissed-off fish though...
EndreWhiteMane: Hi kids, what's new? <yawn>
j0ekerr: I'm dissing on macs.
No one is disagreeing.
Graphics people swore by them, not quite so much anymore I think.
CarrionCrow: I actually know someone who owns a Vita. While I don't think ownership alone is worth slapping the idiot title onto a person, them using that and nothing else does a good job of applying the label for me.
I know two who owns Vita paper weights. I guess they are quite pleased with it because I never heard any of them complaining about lost documents.
j0ekerr: The thing about macs is that up to a point, they did make some sense, specially when they run on powerpc processors. Ever since they switched to Intel they're custom made unix systems.
ElTerprise: Yes. Isn't that the reason something like Hackintosh is a thing nowadays. Now that Mac is capable of running on pretty much any x86-thingy? Well they're pretty closed-system custom made made unix systems...

XxXSprayvWarXxX: Hey guys, I will have to head to my bed now! :) Have a good night guys and take care! :)
ElTerprise: Good night :)
Thank you so much! :)
Stilton: Leeches, Macs and dogs, things have been busy the last little while. Of the three I'd keep the dogs and use the Macs to beat the leeches to death (its about all either are good for).

Sounds like a plan. =)

Doing all right here. Procrastinating on housework, just looked at the news and immediately chastised myself for doing so, now getting some laughs from reading these.

How are you doing?
EndreWhiteMane: I used to, now I can't even remember the last time I ate any. :-)
Don't. Eat comfort food instead.

For example instead of going to McDonalds, get some pieces of strip loin, cook them lightly with just enough oil to keep them from sticking to the pan, fry a long green peper, add salt according to taste to said pepper, slice a tomato, some people like to put a simple omelette too, cut open some french bread or any other large enough piece of bread and stuff it all in, add your favorite sauce if you like.

It's simple, fast and delicious, and called 'serranito'.
EndreWhiteMane: I used to, now I can't even remember the last time I ate any. :-)
j0ekerr: Don't. Eat comfort food instead.

For example instead of going to McDonalds, get some pieces of strip loin, cook them lightly with just enough oil to keep them from sticking to the pan, fry a long green peper, add salt according to taste to said pepper, slice a tomato, some people like to put a simple omelette too, cut open some french bread or any other large enough piece of bread and stuff it all in, add your favorite sauce if you like.

It's simple, fast and delicious, and called 'serranito'.
That sounds good, I make stuff like that quite often, haven't eaten fast food in 6 years or more.
Stilton: I bet they made for some pretty pissed-off fish though...
Any proper designer goods pissed off whoever had to use them. It was the mark of a job well done.

EndreWhiteMane: Graphics people swore by them, not quite so much anymore I think.
Was that in the days of powerpc processors? Back then it did have a lead on PCs the size of a football field. Nowadays I feel the only reason designers use them anymore is because they already know the interface... and because if they don't they'll kick them out of their secret society meetings.
Stilton: I bet they made for some pretty pissed-off fish though...
j0ekerr: Any proper designer goods pissed off whoever had to use them. It was the mark of a job well done.

EndreWhiteMane: Graphics people swore by them, not quite so much anymore I think.
j0ekerr: Was that in the days of powerpc processors? Back then it did have a lead on PCs the size of a football field. Nowadays I feel the only reason designers use them anymore is because they already know the interface... and because if they don't they'll kick them out of their secret society meetings.
Yep, those were the days.
EndreWhiteMane: That sounds good, I make stuff like that quite often, haven't eaten fast food in 6 years or more.
Fried green peppers are a delicacy I'm particularly fond of, although I must admit I am a bit too generous when adding that pinch of salt to them (btw, always use coarse salt, the larger the better). Of course frying here was never seen as particularly unhealthy. I always wondered why it got so much bad rep everywhere else.

Then I saw the batter.
---
Oh and strip loins are only the most common (and cheapest) bit of meat you can put in a serranito. You can choose whatever you like best.
Post edited December 04, 2015 by j0ekerr

CarrionCrow: Sounds like a plan. =)

Doing all right here. Procrastinating on housework, just looked at the news and immediately chastised myself for doing so, now getting some laughs from reading these.

How are you doing?
Housework sucks, so procrastinate all you want. :-) The news is a real gamble, worse even than the current Mystery Game thing on the front page. Although you could say I came up with a winner today when I discovered the murderer Oscar Pistorius has finally been nabbed for what he did. I followed the trial and it was a farce - the 'judge' wasn't fit to judge a flower show. I checked your Shamus Young link and saved it - I think I'll spend some time there later. :-)

I'm doing well and deliberating how to get some sleep tonight as I need to get up and out early in the morning. Trying to bulldozer through only sort of works and I'm going to be doing a lot of walking, so rest at some point is a requirement. Even a doze in bed will reap some benefit, so maybe I'll just get comfortable and see where it takes me.
Is that because it's been such a long time, or because you're getting old and grumpy, and can't remember? ;-P
So I click on Crow's link and I notice and ad, and there's something odd about it. I decide to follow it and now I share it with all of you.

Now could anyone explain to me why is Bethesda calling STALKER, Fallout 4?
Post edited December 04, 2015 by j0ekerr
HypersomniacLive: Is that because it's been such a long time, or because you're getting old and grumpy, and can't remember? ;-P
Remember what?