It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: Good evening! *return hug*

Glad to hear you have had a good day.

I am doing good, thank you. In a bit more pain tonight, and my head is a little worse, but it has it's ups and downs, probably nothing to worry about.
Thank you. :)

Glad to hear that you're doing good too but sorry to hear that you have more pain at the moment.
CarrionCrow: Okay, quick question. Does anyone here have a Twitch account already set up, by chance?

Well, a Twitch account and some time to kill while I try to figure out what the sound levels are to someone listening.
I'm set up if you ever want to test it.
NoNewTaleToTell: Anyone have any thoughts on the Chronicles of a Dark Lord series? Episode 1 and 2 are available DRM-free (with a Steam key provided) in a bundle on Itch for $2.50.
It is not a game I have heard of before. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable members here will be able to offer their opinions of the game.

CarrionCrow: Sounds likely. To go from very active to housebound would make anyone more than a little impatient to be back at full strength.

Okay, will keep that in mind. =)

I'm sure there is, but I'm so used to brute forcing games to work when I don't have the listed specs that I thought it might work again. Net speed's just a bit different from graphics settings, though.
I just hate been ill, I had enough of that when I was recovering from my attack. It is hard going from very active to not being able to do much. I need to up my eating as well, I have lost over 13lb so far, and as I am/was at my ideal weight, it's not good to lose so much.

Is your internet speed like mine, where your download speed is far greater than your upload speed? I guess they need a high upload speed to ensure the video quality. Will you keep trying, or consider it a lost cause?
ddickinson: No need to apologise, I have still been saying partner. I guess I am so used to saying it. So don't feel the need to change anything, I won't get offended or anything like that. Partner still kind of works for married couples as well, so it's okay.
Does your partner (wife) call you her wife too? Always wondered about that.
ElTerprise: Thank you. :)

Glad to hear that you're doing good too but sorry to hear that you have more pain at the moment.
It's okay, I have been having good and bad days. I am hoping once I can eat properly again it will help me recover more, but at the moment I am finding it hard to keep things down.

All this talk of streaming got me thinking. Maybe you should stream yourself playing Outlast? The reactions would be so much fun. :-)

EndreWhiteMane: I'm set up if you ever want to test it.
I have heard there were people doing strip teases on Twitch. :-)

Hello, lovely Endre! How are you, are you feeling any better?

*big get well soon hug*

EndreWhiteMane: Does your partner (wife) call you her wife too? Always wondered about that.
She does, much the same as I do here, although it still feels a little strange. Not that we have much cause to address each other like that, using our names or pet names we have for each other is a lot more fun. :-)

Edit: Although we do tend to still say partner around people who do not know we are a couple, I imagine saying wife would have a similar effect as saying girlfriend to people, and that can often be more hassle than it is worth, so partner works quite nicely as it's not gender specific.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by ddickinson
CarrionCrow: Okay, quick question. Does anyone here have a Twitch account already set up, by chance?

Well, a Twitch account and some time to kill while I try to figure out what the sound levels are to someone listening.
I appreciate that, thank you. =)
It's already a bust, though. 30 percent frame drops without even putting a game on.
ddickinson: I just hate been ill, I had enough of that when I was recovering from my attack. It is hard going from very active to not being able to do much. I need to up my eating as well, I have lost over 13lb so far, and as I am/was at my ideal weight, it's not good to lose so much.

Is your internet speed like mine, where your download speed is far greater than your upload speed? I guess they need a high upload speed to ensure the video quality. Will you keep trying, or consider it a lost cause?
13 pounds? There are easier ways to lose a lot of weight...

Yes, that is very much the case. My download is 10 times faster than my upload. I'll keep putting the pieces together in the meantime, so that when I can afford the next upgrade I'll be able to jump right in.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by CarrionCrow
ElTerprise: Thank you. :)

ddickinson: It's okay, I have been having good and bad days. I am hoping once I can eat properly again it will help me recover more, but at the moment I am finding it hard to keep things down.

All this talk of streaming got me thinking. Maybe you should stream yourself playing Outlast? The reactions would be so much fun. :-)

ddickinson: I have heard there were people doing strip teases on Twitch. :-)

Hello, lovely Endre! How are you, are you feeling any better?

*big get well soon hug*

EndreWhiteMane: Does your partner (wife) call you her wife too? Always wondered about that.
ddickinson: She does, much the same as I do here, although it still feels a little strange. Not that we have much cause to address each other like that, using our names or pet names we have for each other is a lot more fun. :-)

Edit: Although we do tend to still say partner around people who do not know we are a couple, I imagine saying wife would have a similar effect as saying girlfriend to people, and that can often be more hassle than it is worth, so partner works quite nicely as it's not gender specific.
Sorry you don't feel better, I'm a bit better after a nap.
That striptease wasn't me.....honest. ;)
I'll stick with partner if you don't mind, it's still perfectly accurate and I'm just too damn old for 'wife and wife' not to sound awkward. ;)
CarrionCrow: 13 pounds? There are easier ways to lose a lot of weight...

Yes, that is very much the case. My download is 10 times faster than my upload. I'll keep putting the pieces together in the meantime, so that when I can afford the next upgrade I'll be able to jump right in.
Now you tell me. I was thinking of pitching it as a new diet plant. "Collapse, nearly die, suffer horrible migraines, dizziness, nausea, severe nerve damage, lots of pain, and things like that, and just watch the pounds fall off". I figure people will be fighting over the plan with such results. :-)

Good luck figuring it all out. Maybe there is an option for lower resolution for slower speeds?

EndreWhiteMane: Sorry you don't feel better, I'm a bit better after a nap.
That striptease wasn't me.....honest. ;)
I'll stick with partner if you don't mind, it's still perfectly accurate and I'm just too damn old for 'wife and wife' not to sound awkward. ;)
I am very glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I hope you keep getting better or you will have me all worried.

Are you sure it wasn't you? They said the guy had a very lovely mankini. :-)

That is fine, as I said to Crow I don't really mind what word people want to use, as long as it's not offensive that is. Partner still works for a married couple, so I am more than fine with that.

*more feel better soon hugs*
EndreWhiteMane: (...)
Hello Endre.
How are you - feeling better?

ddickinson: It's okay, I have been having good and bad days. I am hoping once I can eat properly again it will help me recover more, but at the moment I am finding it hard to keep things down.

Well you assured me that i shouldn't be worried on multiple occasions and i won't be. But i do hope that you'll recover more asap. I can imagine that being able to properly again might help that a lot.

It sounds interesting but i think i'd be pretty late to the party because streaming of Outlast is usually interesting shortly after release.
Some people here want to get huged by the Blob again.

ddickinson: Now you tell me. I was thinking of pitching it as a new diet plant. "Collapse, nearly die, suffer horrible migraines, dizziness, nausea, severe nerve damage, lots of pain, and things like that, and just watch the pounds fall off". I figure people will be fighting over the plan with such results. :-)

Good luck figuring it all out. Maybe there is an option for lower resolution for slower speeds?
Hi,D-chan!*hugs*
EndreWhiteMane: (...)
ElTerprise: Hello Endre.
How are you - feeling better?
A bit less tired after a nap, I'll be fine, this happens from time to time.
How's your late evening going?

ddickinson: Now you tell me. I was thinking of pitching it as a new diet plant. "Collapse, nearly die, suffer horrible migraines, dizziness, nausea, severe nerve damage, lots of pain, and things like that, and just watch the pounds fall off". I figure people will be fighting over the plan with such results. :-)

That would still be a better way of doing it than, say, getting hooked on methamphetamine until you resemble a walking skeleton like some of the people I see in town. At least you'll be able to recover.

Possibly. I'll have to start digging through. All else fails, I'll try to politely hit up someone who streams for GOG, ask them what their setup's like.
ElTerprise: Well you assured me that i shouldn't be worried on multiple occasions and i won't be. But i do hope that you'll recover more asap. I can imagine that being able to properly again might help that a lot.

It sounds interesting but i think i'd be pretty late to the party because streaming of Outlast is usually interesting shortly after release.
I could be on my last legs and I would still tell people not to worry. :-)
But seriously, I will be fine. I am not about to let something like this get the better of me.

I was thinking more of streaming it for the regulars of the thread. I am sure we would enjoy seeing you play the game (and hopefully scream like a girl, that is always funny). :-)

l0rdtr3k: Some people here want to get huged by the Blob again.

Hi,D-chan!*hugs*
Hello, little blob! *big hug*

How are things?

CarrionCrow: That would still be a better way of doing it than, say, getting hooked on methamphetamine until you resemble a walking skeleton like some of the people I see in town. At least you'll be able to recover.

Possibly. I'll have to start digging through. All else fails, I'll try to politely hit up someone who streams for GOG, ask them what their setup's like.
Well I am already very pale, and with me having medication by injection I bet I could pass for a drug addict if I did not bother with my hair and things. As for the skeleton, that could still happen if i keep losing too much weight. But I am sure it won't get that far, it's all just part of the recovery and side effect of what happened. Nothing too serious and I will of course recover in due course.

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe you could become a GOG streamer. It would make a nice change from all the polite streamers (not that I am saying you are rude, far from it, but I think you would not hold back at pointing out bad points of games).
ddickinson: Well I am already very pale, and with me having medication by injection I bet I could pass for a drug addict if I did not bother with my hair and things. As for the skeleton, that could still happen if i keep losing too much weight. But I am sure it won't get that far, it's all just part of the recovery and side effect of what happened. Nothing too serious and I will of course recover in due course.

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe you could become a GOG streamer. It would make a nice change from all the polite streamers (not that I am saying you are rude, far from it, but I think you would not hold back at pointing out bad points of games).
I sincerely hope you don't resemble them at all, appearance-wise. Ones around here honestly do resemble skeletons, or emaciated zombies left out to bake in the sun for a while.

-laughs- I get what you mean. But still, I don't think they want a streamer who curses a lot and tears new releases apart. Probably wouldn't do their sales any good.
EndreWhiteMane: A bit less tired after a nap, I'll be fine, this happens from time to time.
How's your late evening going?
Well that's good to hear.

Doing good here - not really tired which is nice :)....but unfortunately my feline overlord is also awake right now because he slept all day....