It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: Thanks Crew, I got a little zap with the paddles last night. No fun.
My problem is a very stubborn case of Atrial Fibrillation, for that they go in and freeze a bunch of nerve endings in the heart.
Not a big deal but I've had so many 'procedures' in the past few years I'm a concerned about the law of averages.
Someday one is bound not to go so well. :/
CarrionCrow: Well, if you feel like it, you could casually tell the doctors that you know a person who might be inclined to see if the shock trauma of a lunatic smashing a foot into a person's groin until they literally seize and die is possible. =)

I don't think that counts as technically threatening someone's life if they screw up.
Not if you do it casually.
Laughing now, thanks. :-)
j0ekerr: But they are calling it a breadstick sandwich.

I kind of prefer my subs like this.

But that's because I can't afford one of these.
Crewdroog: lol oh olive garden, what will your marketing division think of next? breadstick sandwich. LOL.

Ok, that second pic is disgusting. the third one sounds good. but where are the veggies? those are so important on a good sandwich.
I think the third sandwich is packed with high-end prosciutto-type meat. Would explain the cost barrier Joker Rabbit mentioned. With that, the vegetables would screw up the experience of the meat you just paid an arm and a leg for.
Crewdroog: first, that is an amazing name for a game, up there with deathspank.

Second, putting electrodes on your heart to shock it back into rhythm and inserting it's battery are TOTALLY minor procedures, like getting a colonoscopy. but seriously, it's very common, and you don't want to go into arrhythmia and get hit with the paddles....

third, i'm sorry you had such a bad night, but i'm glad you are home now. :)
EndreWhiteMane: Thanks Crew, I got a little zap with the paddles last night. No fun.
My problem is a very stubborn case of Atrial Fibrillation, for that they go in and freeze a bunch of nerve endings in the heart.
Not a big deal but I've had so many 'procedures' in the past few years I'm a concerned about the law of averages.
Ooooh, I see. I don't know much about that one. Sounds fun though :| yeah but not getting it done, you have more chances for something going wrong: going out of rhythm again and not getting it back, throwing a clot, etc. There are risks with every choice we make.
CarrionCrow: Indeed. =)

I'm sure they will. According to the timer I try to not obsess over, there's still 15 days, 4 hours, 44 minutes and roughly 15 seconds until release. They should have everything distributed by then.
Hahaha, I only had a vague notion it was coming out sometime later this month, didn't pay too much attention to the actual date. If I'm fast I might just finish playing it before my holiday ends. :P
Crewdroog: lol oh olive garden, what will your marketing division think of next? breadstick sandwich. LOL.

Ok, that second pic is disgusting. the third one sounds good. but where are the veggies? those are so important on a good sandwich.
Hurm, shows that you've never had a good tuna sandwich.

Tomato, either thinly sliced or crushed is the only vegetable you are allowed to put on a jamón sandwich. You may also sprinkle some olive oil on the bread, but if the jamón is of the good variety it's unecessary, since it's oily by itself.

CarrionCrow: I think the third sandwich is packed with high-end prosciutto-type meat. Would explain the cost barrier Joker Rabbit mentioned. With that, the vegetables would screw up the experience of the meat you just paid an arm and a leg for.
this is true, I didn't think about that. It does look like some high end meat there. Now I want fancy meats and cheeses and olives!
Crewdroog: Ooooh, I see. I don't know much about that one. Sounds fun though :| yeah but not getting it done, you have more chances for something going wrong: going out of rhythm again and not getting it back, throwing a clot, etc. There are risks with every choice we make.
Yeah, the A-fib isn't dangerous but the clot is very much so if it lasts very long.
It also makes you instantly dead tired when it happens.
Getting older is a hoot. ;)

j0ekerr: Hurm, shows that you've never had a good tuna sandwich.

Tomato, either thinly sliced or crushed is the only vegetable you are allowed to put on a jamón sandwich. You may also sprinkle some olive oil on the bread, but if the jamón is of the good variety it's unecessary, since it's oily by itself.
lol, no i probably have not, only that which comes from a can of starkist (cheap brand). I like all of those things, but it just didn't look appealing all put together.

yeah, I realized that after what crow posted. i'm not used to fancy meats, too expensive for my pay grade.
Crewdroog: Ooooh, I see. I don't know much about that one. Sounds fun though :| yeah but not getting it done, you have more chances for something going wrong: going out of rhythm again and not getting it back, throwing a clot, etc. There are risks with every choice we make.
EndreWhiteMane: Yeah, the A-fib isn't dangerous but the clot is very much so if it lasts very long.
It also makes you instantly dead tired when it happens.
Getting older is a hoot. ;)
sigh, I know. I keep trying not to, but nothing seems to be working. :)
Post edited August 04, 2015 by Crewdroog
CarrionCrow: I think the third sandwich is packed with high-end prosciutto-type meat. Would explain the cost barrier Joker Rabbit mentioned. With that, the vegetables would screw up the experience of the meat you just paid an arm and a leg for.
Don't even dare to compare jamón to that disgusting prosciutto, it's a pale shadow of what jamón can be. Even if they're both basically cured ham meat. But you are absolutely correct on the ruining of flavour by any added vegetables, or of anything else at all.

I remember during some interactions with britons, how I (unaware at the time of the word for the curing process) naively described the processing method as being left in storage for a minimum of a year. He proceeded to spit the piece he'd been cheerily chewing claiming it was rotten meat.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by j0ekerr
EndreWhiteMane: Laughing now, thanks. :-)
Happy to hear it. =)

And in the grand tradition of no good deed going unpunished, I am being asked to go to the store.

Back as fast as my fat ass can carry me. Hate that store so much.
j0ekerr: Don't even dare to compare that disgusting prosciutto, it's a pale shadow of what jamón can be. Even if they're both basically cured ham meat.
Just looked up jamón, now I'm REALLY hungry! :-)
j0ekerr: Don't even dare to compare jamón to that disgusting prosciutto, it's a pale shadow of what jamón can be. Even if they're both basically cured ham meat. But you are absolutely correct on the ruining of flavour by any added vegetables, or of anything else at all.

I remember during some interactions with britons, how I (unaware at the time of the word for the curing process) naively described the processing method as being left in storage for a minimum of a year. He proceeded to spit the piece he'd been cheerily chewing claiming it was rotten meat.
jamon is not readily available in the states, where, b/c of the large Italian communities, prosciutto is. I was assuming it was on the same level too. Although now I want to try to hunt some down.

Now i'm trying to think if there is an american cured meat we are equally as passionate about that is our own. I'm not sure we do. that's sad.
Crewdroog: lol, no i probably have not, only that which comes from a can of starkist (cheap brand). I like all of those things, but it just didn't look appealing all put together.

yeah, I realized that after what crow posted. i'm not used to fancy meats, too expensive for my pay grade.
Well, I can understand that with the pickled red bell pepper, not everyone's cup of tea, but unpitted (or is it de-pitted) olives do go rather nicely with tuna, trust me on this. Anyways, the vegetable of choice for a tuna sandwich is some fresh sliced tomato.

If it's any consolation, I haven't had the good stuff for years either.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by j0ekerr
j0ekerr: Don't even dare to compare jamón to that disgusting prosciutto, it's a pale shadow of what jamón can be. Even if they're both basically cured ham meat. But you are absolutely correct on the ruining of flavour by any added vegetables, or of anything else at all.

Crewdroog: jamon is not readily available in the states, where, b/c of the large Italian communities, prosciutto is. I was assuming it was on the same level too. Although now I want to try to hunt some down.

Now i'm trying to think if there is an american cured meat we are equally as passionate about that is our own. I'm not sure we do. that's sad.
Salt and smoked Pork is probably as close as you'll come.
Jerked Beef maybe.
Crewdroog: jamon is not readily available in the states, where, b/c of the large Italian communities, prosciutto is. I was assuming it was on the same level too. Although now I want to try to hunt some down.

EndreWhiteMane: Salt and smoked Pork is probably as close as you'll come.
Jerked Beef maybe.
yeah, jerked meats (not the crap like slim jims and other stuff bought in the store) are really good and pricey if done right and locally. There is a butcher near me who makes amazing jerky, but it's not a year long process like jamon and stuff. maybe i'll start using buffalo and make the most 'merican cured meat evah. :)