It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

-laughing hard at existence in general- =)
EndreWhiteMane: Debian is a 'build what you want' distro but it's not quite as down to the 'nuts and bolts' as Arch is.

If you really, really want nuts and bolts look at LFS:
www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs

http://distrowatch.com/
has a LOT of info on the different distros, reading all of it could be a career in itself. :-)
Well but the command line approach of Arch doesn't sound too bad....although Debia might be easier for me considering all distros i've worked with (Xubuntu and Mint) are based on Debian (to some degree) .

I think i have to read quite a bit on the distrowatch site (geez that many distros)...
BillyMaysFan59: If you go for Debian you should at least consider setting up Arch in a VM or something. Just to be fun ;)
That sounds quite interesting. But first I''ll try Debian on Live-DVD and then i'll decide if i'll use it or Arch.
Post edited August 04, 2015 by ElTerprise
CarrionCrow: -laughing hard at existence in general- =)
I usually just smile, slowly shake my head and sigh.
Same basic idea though.
EndreWhiteMane: I usually just smile, slowly shake my head and sigh.
Same basic idea though.
Whatever works for you. =)

Seems like the commotion's dying down a bit. Enjoying some good music, trying to not sweat myself silly (yay, summer! <^> (O.o) <^>), thinking about what game to play next.

How's your evening going?
EndreWhiteMane: I usually just smile, slowly shake my head and sigh.
Same basic idea though.
CarrionCrow: Whatever works for you. =)

Seems like the commotion's dying down a bit. Enjoying some good music, trying to not sweat myself silly (yay, summer! <^> (O.o) <^>), thinking about what game to play next.

How's your evening going?
All good here, got a lot of things done today. Only chore left is deciding what to have for supper. ;)

BTW: What did the electrician have to say?
EndreWhiteMane: All good here, got a lot of things done today. Only chore left is deciding what to have for supper. ;)

Suggestion - Avoid the beans. The dog can only eat so many. ;)

Haven't gotten ahold of one yet. Still working on the bathroom, tackling one potential issue at a time.
EndreWhiteMane: All good here, got a lot of things done today. Only chore left is deciding what to have for supper. ;)

CarrionCrow: Suggestion - Avoid the beans. The dog can only eat so many. ;)

Haven't gotten ahold of one yet. Still working on the bathroom, tackling one potential issue at a time.
No beans around so all good there. ;)
I thought you'd mentioned an electrician the other day, that's why I asked.
Be sure to ask 3 or 4, not all are, uh, 100% honest. (You didn't know that right?) :-)
EndreWhiteMane: No beans around so all good there. ;)
I thought you'd mentioned an electrician the other day, that's why I asked.
Be sure to ask 3 or 4, not all are, uh, 100% honest. (You didn't know that right?) :-)
I probably did, it's something that annoys me in a spoiled "I wanna play games with nicer graphics" way.
It'll happen, just a matter of when.
And yes, I know a lot of people are pretty full of shit, so I'll be getting second (and third, and fourth) opinions on cost. Thank you for the heads-up regardless. =)
I think I will be calling it a night. Goodnight, everyone, I hope you all have a lovely evening!

*goodnight hugs and silly waves*
ddickinson: I think I will be calling it a night. Goodnight, everyone, I hope you all have a lovely evening!

Goodnight, sleep well, fingers crossed that you'll be feeling better soon. =)
ddickinson: I think I will be calling it a night. Goodnight, everyone, I hope you all have a lovely evening!

Night DD, get sleep, and get better. :-)
My girl wants to play. Anyway,I'll be back probably by tomorrow or earlier.

Good Night DD *big good night hugs* Sleep well and get better soon :)
Hey all! I work part time in a library system, and two full-time positions just opened up! I'm so excited, I hope I have a chance to get them! I really want to save money again for a new computer/go back to England, pay off bills, and my insurance is going to run out from under my parents' at the end of the year. *is excited/hopeful*
Fantasysci5: Hey all! I work part time in a library system, and two full-time positions just opened up! I'm so excited, I hope I have a chance to get them! I really want to save money again for a new computer/go back to England, pay off bills, and my insurance is going to run out from under my parents' at the end of the year. *is excited/hopeful*
Very cool, best of luck to you. ;)