It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BillyMaysFan59: In that "FLOWER FLOWER SUNSHINE DAISIES WHATEVER" thread I initially suggested that rep be removed and replaced with a simple post count. What are your opinions on that? (made that post in a rather irritated mood.... didn't have my coffee yet =)
Personally, I am not too keen on that idea. How would a post count be of much use? Someone could easily make mass posts to increase that count. I like the current rep system, yes it can be abused, but it's a good system in principle. Maybe just remove the up and down vote buttons so users gain 1 rep a day. This would be like a post count, but it could not be abused as you would only get 1 point a day.

Or protect the rep system behind a paygate, so if the scammers wanted to abuse it they would have to pay. Eventually they would get tired of spending their money, plus would have their payment method and possibly their real name etc as well. As for using fake cards as payment, that can easily be reported to the authorities with little effort.

l0rdtr3k: Well,gonna go to work now.
And now I must hug D-chan.

*surprise hug*
Have a good day at work, little blob! *big hug*
Post edited August 03, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Personally, I am not too keen on that idea. How would a post count be of much use? Someone could easily make mass posts to increase that count. I like the current rep system, yes it can be abused, but it's a good system in principle. Maybe just remove the up and down vote buttons so users gain 1 rep a day. This would be like a post count, but it could not be abused as you would only get 1 point a day.

Or protect the rep system behind a paygate, so if the scammers wanted to abuse it they would have to pay. Eventually they would get tired of spending their money, plus would have their payment method and possibly their real name etc as well. As for using fake cards as payment, that can easily be reported to the authorities with little effort.

Have a good day at work, little blob! *big hug*
BTW,which old shounen series you like? DBZ,Saint Seiya or YuYu Hakusho?
well good morning all! I hope everyone is well.

Edit: what the crap is paygate, dd?
Post edited August 03, 2015 by Crewdroog
BillyMaysFan59: In that "FLOWER FLOWER SUNSHINE DAISIES WHATEVER" thread I initially suggested that rep be removed and replaced with a simple post count. What are your opinions on that? (made that post in a rather irritated mood.... didn't have my coffee yet =)
I personally don't give a flying fuck about the rep system. I can understand if a person is a scammer or not by his first 5 posts. I don't gift stuff to people I don't know.
Demanding a rep system is basically saying: "Please, dear programmers, give us a tool that compensates for our lack of common sense and poor judgement."
ddickinson: SNIP
Well bear in mind that, again, I made that post before I had my coffee. ;) The suggestion was the first thing on my mind when I saw Ciris' latest post. Afterwards I was having some second thoughts (which is why I asked about it here just now)... someone else had a better idea.

BTW I may as well throw in a "Good morning", as I haven't done that yet
Where's Owl-chan? Haven't seen her in a while.
GreenDamsel: What paygate? Did I miss anything?
*big hug* I will hug you for ever and ever.
DOn't blame me for being born a cuddle bug.
ddickinson: Someone made a suggestion of just removing the plus and minus buttons for the rep, which I think is a great idea. A post count proves nothing, and can be easily abused. Someone also suggested the paygate not stop people posting, but that it stops them using the rating system for rep and posting links. That sounds like a good idea. It would need some moderation of the forum as well, to keep on top of the scammers and abusers.
I like the idea of rep, if it is done properly and not abused. That is too tricky though. What about just removing the minus button?
In any case, I'm all for some type of paygate. It wouldn't be perfect, but I think it would help.
l0rdtr3k: Where's Owl-chan? Haven't seen her in a while.
She is on holiday for the next two weeks :'-(
(sad for us, but so happy for her of course!)
Post edited August 03, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: I like the idea of rep, if it is done properly and not abused. That is too tricky though. What about just removing the minus button?
In any case, I'm all for some type of paygate. It wouldn't be perfect, but I think it would help.
She is on holiday for the next two weeks :'-(
(sad for us, but so happy for her of course!)
Oh. 2 weeks without Owl-chan makes me sad.
Anyway,*big hug* to you,Agent-kun.I need to tone down my inner otaku.
l0rdtr3k: Oh. 2 weeks without Owl-chan makes me sad.
Anyway,*big hug* to you,Agent-kun.I need to tone down my inner otaku.
Me too :-(
But hopefully she is having a great holiday, and enjoying her well-deserved time off :-)
What's with all the "_____Chan" names? :p
Crewdroog: well good morning all! I hope everyone is well.

a certain amount of money you have to spend on an internet platform (by buying games etc.) to be able to participate on the forum or invite friends. Used by steam to keep away spammers.

as explained by DD
l0rdtr3k: BTW,which old shounen series you like? DBZ,Saint Seiya or YuYu Hakusho?
What does shounen mean?

Hello, Crew! *big hello hug followed by a giant explosion from the confetti cannon*

A paygate is where they lock features until you have spend a set amount. Steal has it at the moment. Unless I am using the wrong word for it, which is possible. If I am then it's a magic word that can mean anything you want. :-)

BillyMaysFan59: Well bear in mind that, again, I made that post before I had my coffee. ;) The suggestion was the first thing on my mind when I saw Ciris' latest post. Afterwards I was having some second thoughts (which is why I asked about it here just now)... someone else had a better idea.

BTW I may as well throw in a "Good morning", as I haven't done that yet
Sadly I don't think it matters, GOG will likely do nothing to fix the problem. I think the rep is most important for those hosting giveaways, as a way of trying to make sure games go to good members. I think for the majority of people rep is irrelevant, but still useful.

AgentBirdnest: I like the idea of rep, if it is done properly and not abused. That is too tricky though. What about just removing the minus button?
Scammers could still +1 themselves. Maybe just remove the + and - buttons. GOG does not seem keen on a paygate, but Steam seemed to think it was necessary, and with GOG getting more and more like Steam, maybe it should follow Steams example in this matter.
Post edited August 03, 2015 by ddickinson
BillyMaysFan59: What's with all the "_____Chan" names? :p
Somebody let the anime-lover out of his room.
BillyMaysFan59: BTW I may as well throw in a "Good morning", as I haven't done that yet
*tips helmet* A good morning to you both!

Soccorro: a certain amount of money you have to spend on an internet platform (by buying games etc.) to be able to participate on the forum or invite friends. Used by steam to keep away spammers.

as explained by DD
ah, I see, thanks! so the rep nonsense has gotten worse since i've been gone I take it then? That sucks. I saw momo's post yesterday.