It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fantasysci5: It is terrible. I have to go out into it to get the money to be able to have a life on the interwebs, but then I come home safe and hole up with my computer and my games and my online communities. :P And on a slightly serious note, I try to make friends but they always seem to leave me out when they do things. Maybe I try too hard. I try to be like "whatever".

So how is everyone? I'd like to try and be a regular up in here! XD
Welcome. This is a very friendly thread, I think you won't have any problems making friends here.
Fantasysci5: Thanks for the kind words. I listen to songs I'm really into for hours on end as well, drives my husband nuts. And yep, I hated high school so much. At least now, it's cool to be geeky. :P
Not sure whether it's widely considered cool or not, it's easier to stop caring what anyone else has to say on the subject.

Yeah, high school's an enormous pain in the ass.
On a personal note, I'm fairly certain my French teacher was either deranged or kept a huffing rag full of gasoline in her desk for quiet moments.
GreenDamsel: So how's 8th grade? Grades are ok?
CarrionCrow: 8th grade sucks, and high school's not exactly a picnic full of wine and roses either.
Part of why I stopped going, right there. ;)
High school remains a mysterium to me.
- From my experience it is considerably easy and basically everyone who wants to finishes it.
- But it is celebrated as if they just scored a PhD
- Hollywood keeps making movies about it, as if it is the time of your lives.
- Most Americans I talked to hated it.

I just don't know.
GreenDamsel:
Good morning. Caught sight of you just as I was leaving. Glad to hear that things are looking up with your thesis, and that your supervisor was 'persuaded' of the correctness of your argument.

Hope you have a good day.
CarrionCrow: 8th grade sucks, and high school's not exactly a picnic full of wine and roses either.
Part of why I stopped going, right there. ;)
GreenDamsel: High school remains a mysterium to me.
- From my experience it is considerably easy and basically everyone who wants to finishes it.
- But it is celebrated as if they just scored a PhD
- Hollywood keeps making movies about it, as if it is the time of your lives.
- Most Americans I talked to hated it.

I just don't know.
It wasn't particularly difficult, just boring as all hell.

Didn't celebrate it, it was just something to do when I didn't feel like chugging Nyquil and sleeping instead.

Some people try to build up the experience in their mind because it's built up to be something that matters, but it doesn't.

Hollywood deals in idealized versions of reality, so no surprise there. Add in people's tendency for nostalgic rose-tinted glasses self-delusion bullshit and it goes together like a con artist and a person with a ton of money and no sense.

Not surprised there either. High schools are full of teenagers. Teenagers are generally assholes.
I used to have crush on two of my language teachers.
I would have probably liked school a lot more than I did back then, had they become my "good" friends :p
Alas, but that love was never to be. *sigh*
Other than that, there's not much to tell about my High School times, rather boring & average & being stupid and silly.
Oh, the clothes... wish I still had my baggy white jeans, the most unfashionable thing ever...
Even Vanilla Ice would have refused like, "Hell no!"
Post edited August 01, 2015 by superstande
superstande: I used to have crush on two of my language teachers.
I would have probably liked school a lot more than I did back then, had they become my "good" friends :p
Alas, but that love was never to be. *sigh*
Other than that, there's not much to tell about my High School times, rather boring & average & being stupid and silly.
Oh, the clothes... wish I still had my baggy white jeans, the most unfashionable thing ever...
Even Vanilla Ice would have refused like, "Hell no!"
During high school I was busy leading a WoW guild and being community manager or admin for some websites.
Only went to school to learn, get my marks and then go home.
My clothes back then were death metal band t-shirts. But I wouldn't want my long hair back. So... meh overall. Wouldn't want to go back, tbh.
Good morning folks *big hugs and waves*

EndreWhiteMane: Well then, if you're out of beer, that's a different story. :-)

There is a sale on Civ5 for 75% off that ends Monday, it doesn't say what time though.
I get paid about 5AM on Monday, will I score or not? THAT is the question. ;)

Edit: Sorry, meant Civ 5. :/
Sorry didn't see that answer, was already asleep :)
Yes. It was quite unfortunate but i was really tired at that point as well.
Well the Steam weekend sales usually ends mondays at 7 p.m. CEST for me. Don't know how many hours you're behind though but i think it might end at noon for you.
ElTerprise: Good morning folks *big hugs and waves*

EndreWhiteMane: Well then, if you're out of beer, that's a different story. :-)

There is a sale on Civ5 for 75% off that ends Monday, it doesn't say what time though.
I get paid about 5AM on Monday, will I score or not? THAT is the question. ;)

Edit: Sorry, meant Civ 5. :/
ElTerprise: Sorry didn't see that answer, was already asleep :)
Yes. It was quite unfortunate but i was really tired at that point as well.
Well the Steam weekend sales usually ends mondays at 7 p.m. CEST for me. Don't know how many hours you're behind though but i think it might end at noon for you.
Good morning. =)

How're you doing today?
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

How're you doing today?
A bit tired but otherwiser good - currently making me some more coffee.
What about you?
CarrionCrow: Good morning. =)

How're you doing today?
ElTerprise: A bit tired but otherwiser good - currently making me some more coffee.
What about you?
Getting ready to go to bed here. No energy for an all-nighter without some serious caffeine abuse.
Will save that for when I really need it.
CarrionCrow: Getting ready to go to bed here. No energy for an all-nighter without some serious caffeine abuse.
Alright. I wish you a good night then. Sleep well.
CarrionCrow: Getting ready to go to bed here. No energy for an all-nighter without some serious caffeine abuse.
ElTerprise: Alright. I wish you a good night then. Sleep well.
Thank you. Have a good day. =)
CarrionCrow: Thank you. Have a good day. =)
Thanks. See you later :).
Uh. gonna make some coffee and click that Dragonfall desktop icon ;)
Been spending enough time checking out Bleep's catalogue and watching some random (although interesting) stuff from Netflix, like a Mexican Music Doc...