It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: So... we will all wait for each other to play it. This should work out well n__n
Yes. Pretty well :P
tinyE: Oh waaaaay off topic, and with my new pc coming in a week or so get used to these type posts from me. :P Anyone here play Sims 3? Comparisons to others?
Sorry can't help you with that. Last Sims i played was Sims 2...
Post edited July 31, 2015 by ElTerprise
tinyE: Oh waaaaay off topic, and with my new pc coming in a week or so get used to these type posts from me. :P Anyone here play Sims 3? Comparisons to others?
I play it. It's still The Sims, if you know what I mean, but with added features that really flesh it out.

One fun thing is being able to look around the entire town rather than being stuck on your own lot. So while your sim is at work or sleeping you can watch other sims interact with each other or go about their lives (as long as they're in public). You can explore around the town, visit other homes, go shopping and eat out, visit the library and read books there, visit the local art gallery and even go adventuring in the graveyard's mausoleum. All in real time with no loading screens.

You can also buy businesses (can't remember if that was in The Sims 2) and earn money every Monday from those businesses. So you might be able to buy into a diner for say...5,000 Simoleons and every Monday you'll earn 750 Simoleons, and you can eventually buy the diner for 7,500 Simoleons and every money you'll earn 1,250 Simoleons. You can also rename businesses that you own. Beyond restaurants/theatres/arenas you can also buy parks and earn money, not sure about other public places like the graveyard though.

If your sims have a baby it now goes through a baby stage, a toddler stage, a child age and a teen age before hitting young adulthood. This can be a bit annoying as the first two stages basically have you taking care of a potato sack that needs attention at least seemingly constantly, and the the child and teen phases you have to worry about school stuff.

There are also some more ways to earn steady money with a job, maybe they were in the second Sims but I can't remember. Ways include playing guitar for tips (you can earn 500 Simoleons a day or more at upper levels), writing books, painting. If you have Showtime and have gone into one of its art careers you can use those skills to perform for tips (again you can 500 Simoleons a day or more) or get booked at venues.

Overall I really like it.
Sigh.... I need to learn how to play XCOM already. I've had OpenXCOM set up all this time but never played it :/
Fran Bow seems to be coming to GOG, awesome! It has a release date of August 27th, I wonder if it'll come here on the same day...
OK,the books are more interesting than the series.
Can I have my hugs now?
I played The Sims 3 and just a little bit of The Sims 4 :)
I like both of them. But I don't know the previous ones, so I won't bee able to compare...
AgentBirdnest: So... there are two games set to be released today according to their store pages. "Dream" and "Cosmonautica". Anyone have any thoughts? :-)
Both sound interessting to me... I put "Dream" on my wishlist to keep an eye on it, hoping it'll be less "contemplative" than Lifeless Planet (which I like, but find a bit boring nevertheless... plus, I'm stuck...). The other one looks more interesting... :)
Post edited July 31, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
BillyMaysFan59: Sigh.... I need to learn how to play XCOM already. I've had OpenXCOM set up all this time but never played it :/
Yes, yes you do! If not that, I've been playing the heck out of Xenonauts since trading for it during Summer Sale and it's also a nice throwback to the days of XCOM. I've been dying to start up something new, but I'm still far too sucked in to put it down yet!

Though please, let me wash my guilty soul here... I've been save scumming like a mofo. I feel so dirty.
LaPtiteBete: I played The Sims 3 and just a little bit of The Sims 4 :)
I like both of them. But I don't know the previous ones, so I won't bee able to compare...
Both sound interessting to me... I put "Dream" on my wishlist to keep an eye on it, hoping it'll be less "contemplative" than Lifeless Planet (which I like, but find a bit boring nevertheless... plus, I'm stuck...). The other one looks more interesting... :)
Owl-chan!*tackle hug*
I love you so much,friend.You and others accepting me here made me feel at home.*kisses Owl's cheek*
LaPtiteBete: So... there are two games set to be released today according to their store pages. "Dream" and "Cosmonautica". Anyone have any thoughts? :-)
I was actually super excited for Cosmonautica (I've been dying for a "pirate" type game - open world, RPG elements, crew management, ship upgrades etc etc etc). I thought that while Cosmonautica was a bit different it might scratch that itch. But I usually prefer my games in this vein with a bit more action and exploration, a bit less trade. So when I saw Rebel Galaxy go up, I decided I'd wait for that instead. (Or "true" pirate games and hope for the more recent Sea Dogs games to get a release here!).

Plus I watched a "Let's Play" and the games seemed... a bit boring to me, actually. Some fun ideas when it came to ship build out and crew hiring / levelling. But the actual game looked a bit - I don't know... slow? It could have been that it was still the early going and I didn't watch enough but it was enough to make me hold off for the impressions others are looking forward to.

I notice some Sims talk though - from what I saw of Cosmo, anyone who enjoys Sims and trading games will probably find a lot to like in the game. There's a bit of "Sim-lite" stuff going on in the game when it comes to satisfying needs of your crew and such.

*edit LOL that's funny! It took the quote from Agent nested in Owl's post that I replied to, and ascribed the actual quote to Owl.
Post edited July 31, 2015 by Ixamyakxim
l0rdtr3k: Owl-chan!*tackle hug*
I love you so much,friend.You and others accepting me here made me feel at home.*kisses Owl's cheek*
**Big hug back**
How are you doing, blob ? :)

Ixamyakxim: *edit LOL that's funny! It took the quote from Agent nested in Owl's post that I replied to, and ascribed the actual quote to Owl.
[/quoting fail] ;-p
Post edited July 31, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
LaPtiteBete: **Big hug back**
How are you doing, blob ? :)
Tired and with a nasty cold.
BillyMaysFan59: Sigh.... I need to learn how to play XCOM already. I've had OpenXCOM set up all this time but never played it :/
If you don't mind using a rental, I'd suggest playing through X-COM: Enemy Unknown first.
From everything I've seen, the new version is much lighter than the original series, it might be a good way to get your feet wet before jumping into the meatgrinder difficulty level of the older games.
CarrionCrow: If you don't mind using a rental, I'd suggest playing through X-COM: Enemy Unknown first.
From everything I've seen, the new version is much lighter than the original series, it might be a good way to get your feet wet before jumping into the meatgrinder difficulty level of the older games.
I'm going to grab you and please you with hugs.
CarrionCrow: If you don't mind using a rental, I'd suggest playing through X-COM: Enemy Unknown first.
I'll have to see if I can run it first, though.
l0rdtr3k: I'm going to grab you and please you with hugs.
Wouldn't work since I don't do hugs. The thought's appreciated, though. =)

Additional - I think I'm going to go with my tested method when presented with a bunch of items I want.
Why pick and choose when you can wipe out everything instead? ;)
Post edited July 31, 2015 by CarrionCrow