It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: But you are American, you don't have to worry about spelling words wrong. You just claim it's the new spelling, like colour becoming color. That was just an American who forgot the 'U' and told everyone that was the new spelling. :-)
Haha... I always spell colour with a "U". I have to. It's one of my favourite tracks on Dark Side of The Moon ;-)

I was just mentioning this to someone yesterday - How long have we been calling Native Americans "Indians" now? 523 years? We knew we were wrong in like a month, but were just too lazy to correct it?
Post edited July 25, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: Haha... I always spell colour with a "U". I have to. It's one of my favourite tracks on Dark Side of The Moon ;-)

I was just mentioning this to someone yesterday - How long have we been calling Native Americans "Indians" now? 523 years? We knew we were wrong in like a month, but were just too lazy to correct it?
I have heard some Americans in movies call them Injuns, but those were cowboy movies. I guess they thought that Native Americans sounded more respectful. Which is funny considering how the Americans treat the Indians. I wonder if using the term Indian is deem as offensive these day? So many words are becoming classed as offensive even if no offence or malice is meant in the word. I remember seeing a clip of a US news reader doing a report on unrest in Africa and he kept calling them African Americans as he was so worried he would use a term that someone would deem offensive. It seems even saying black and white can be classed as offensive now by some people. It was like that whole Redskins thing with one of your American Football teams. From what I remember reading the club was founded with the blessing of some of the Native Americans and also had Native American players. The article I read said the name was a sign of respect for them, not a slur. Funny how people like making problems and controversies these days.
Post edited July 25, 2015 by ddickinson
AgentBirdnest: Haha... I always spell colour with a "U". I have to. It's one of my favourite tracks on Dark Side of The Moon ;-)

ddickinson: I have heard some Americans in movies call them Injuns, but those were cowboy movies. I guess they thought that Native Americans sounded more respectful. Which is funny considering how the Americans treat the Indians. I wonder if using the term Indian is deem as offensive these day? So many words are becoming classed as offensive even if no offence or malice is meant in the word. I remember seeing a clip of a US news reader doing a report on unrest in Africa and he kept calling them African Americans as he was so worried he would use a term that someone would deem offensive. It seems even saying black and white can be classed as offensive now by some people. It was like that whole Redskins thing with one of your American Football teams. From what I remember reading the club was founded with the blessing of some of the Native Americans and also had Native American players. The article I read said the name was a sign of respect for them, not a slur. Funny how people like making problems and controversies these days.
Hello Evr'Un!

Interesting, Injuns... Did you know that all foreigners are/used to be called Injis in Tibet/ by Tibetans who live in Nepal or India :) (not sure exactly how largely this was/is used)

*gonna git me the second beer*
Post edited July 25, 2015 by superstande
Hmmm... somehow I am considering getting Cities in Motion Collection. Why can't SimCity 4 have a campaign mode... then I would not even consider this...
superstande: Hello Evr'Un!

Interesting, Injuns... Did you know that all foreigners are/used to be called Injis in Tibet/ by Tibetans who live in Nepal or India :) (not sure exactly how largely this was/is used)

Good evening!

Doing good I hope?

I did not know that. I wonder what the word means?

moonshineshadow: Hmmm... somehow I am considering getting Cities in Motion Collection. Why can't SimCity 4 have a campaign mode... then I would not even consider this...
I think I know how to fix this little problem for you. :-)

*skips away giggling*
moonshineshadow: Hmmm... somehow I am considering getting Cities in Motion Collection. Why can't SimCity 4 have a campaign mode... then I would not even consider this...
ddickinson: I think I know how to fix this little problem for you. :-)

*skips away giggling*
You know, you should discourage me from buying stuff since I already have enough games and not go on ninja gifting *grumble*

*extra big thank you hug* Please everyone give some +1 to our lovely DD
Yay. It started raining :D
moonshineshadow: *extra big thank you hug* Please everyone give some +1 to our lovely DD
On my way :)
Post edited July 25, 2015 by ElTerprise
superstande: Hello Evr'Un!

ddickinson: Good evening!

Doing good I hope?

I did not know that. I wonder what the wear means?

ddickinson: I think I know how to fix this little problem for you. :-)

*skips away giggling*
what the wear means? I'm drawing a blank here :)
Post edited July 25, 2015 by superstande
moonshineshadow: You know, you should discourage me from buying stuff since I already have enough games and not go on ninja gifting *grumble*

Maybe, but I am slightly out of it today due to my stronger painkillers, so discouraging you might not work so well. Gifting always works. :-)

*big hug*

ElTerprise: Yay. It started raining :D
Glad to hear it. :-)

superstande: what the wear means? I'm drawing a blank here :)
Sorry, that should be word, not wear. :-)
ddickinson: Glad to hear it. :-)
Thank you. And it already cooled down a bit :)
moonshineshadow: You know, you should discourage me from buying stuff since I already have enough games and not go on ninja gifting *grumble*

ddickinson: Maybe, but I am slightly out of it today due to my stronger painkillers, so discouraging you might not work so well. Gifting always works. :-)

*big hug*

ElTerprise: Yay. It started raining :D
ddickinson: Glad to hear it. :-)

superstande: what the wear means? I'm drawing a blank here :)
ddickinson: Sorry, that should be word, not wear. :-)
Ah, yeah... I was wondering if I had missed something there :)

I am not sure what it means but Urban Dictionary claims, "The word 'inji' is a distorted form of the word 'english.'"
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Inji

ddickinson: Maybe, but I am slightly out of it today due to my stronger painkillers, so discouraging you might not work so well. Gifting always works. :-)

*big hug*
*big return hug* Good excuse, but somehow I don't believe it would have ended differently if you were feeling good ;-)

Next time I'll pay better attention and formulate it vague enough that it is not clear what game I am talking about, then it should make it easier for you to discourage me :P
superstande: Ah, yeah... I was wondering if I had missed something there :)

I am not sure what it means but Urban Dictionary claims, "The word 'inji' is a distorted form of the word 'english.'"
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Inji
Just my brain playing up.

That is interesting, thank you for the link.

moonshineshadow: *big return hug* Good excuse, but somehow I don't believe it would have ended differently if you were feeling good ;-)

Next time I'll pay better attention and formulate it vague enough that it is not clear what game I am talking about, then it should make it easier for you to discourage me :P
I guess you will never know. :-)

And that would be so mean. I would just have to gift you lots of games until I got the right one. :-)

*more hugs*

ElTerprise: Thank you. And it already cooled down a bit :)
Is your headache getting any better?
ddickinson: Is your headache getting any better?
Yes. Slightly. Thanks for asking.
moonshineshadow: *big return hug* Good excuse, but somehow I don't believe it would have ended differently if you were feeling good ;-)

ddickinson: I guess you will never know. :-)

And that would be so mean. I would just have to gift you lots of games until I got the right one. :-)

*more hugs*
That would not be mean. It is called self protection :P
Here have a ninja badge.
Attachments: