It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PalioDeMonte: I've never been much of a C&C player, but I think the scale is much bigger there. In Syndicate your Squad consists of 4 agents - not more. So it's less strategic and more tactical. You equip your squad between your missions, so no basebuilding, upgrading, ... The games that come closest to Syndicate's look and feel for me are the new X Com - Enemy Unknown / Within by Fireaxis or the classic Police Quest SWAT 2 (very strange series, started as Point & Click, became tactical and ended up as shooter ;) ).
cecil: It says syndicate is real time though so that is what has me stumped since I thought both SWAT2 and X-xom were basically turn based.
Not sure about SWAT 2, but yes, that's the difference to XCom. But the real time gameplay is relatively slow paced, so it feels quite similar.

Just looked it up, SWAT 2 was real time, also.
Post edited July 24, 2015 by PalioDeMonte
cecil: It says syndicate is real time though so that is what has me stumped since I thought both SWAT2 and X-xom were basically turn based.
PalioDeMonte: Not sure about SWAT 2, but yes, that's the difference to XCom. But the real time gameplay is relatively slow paced, so it feels quite similar.
That makes sense I was thinking frantic RTS is tactics how since in my brain I was thinking more starcraft speed of rush attacks.
AgentBirdnest: I'm an American, I only need one appointment B-| ... so... I'll do the baguette idea! \o/
*finding more reasons that Mormons are awesome*
**Studious hug** ,','',',,'):-|
LOL... you'll be quickly kicked off our beautiful country, if you hit our psychologists with stale bread...
That's it, keep searching... ;-p
AgentBirdnest: I'm an American, I only need one appointment B-| ... so... I'll do the baguette idea! \o/
*finding more reasons that Mormons are awesome*
**Studious hug** ,','',',,'):-|
LaPtiteBete: LOL... you'll be quickly kicked off our beautiful country, if you hit our psychologists with stale bread...
That's it, keep searching... ;-p
And when even France kicks you out, you should think about what you did.
Oh great. Now I have a song stuck in my head.It's from an old Charlie Chaplin short.
GreenDamsel: And when even France kicks you out, you should think about what you did.
>:-| ... Exactly.
GreenDamsel: And when even France kicks you out, you should think about what you did.
LaPtiteBete: >:-| ... Exactly.
*very slimmy rerorerorero*
l0rdtr3k: Oh great. Now I have a song stuck in my head.It's from an old Charlie Chaplin short.
I have it worse. I have a phrase stuck in my head.
That means when I read something I automatically add that phrase at the end.

The phase is: "...and I bet they were yiffing."

Examples of today:
"In 58.2% of the innovation projects only ordinary customers were involved..."-" and I bet they were yiffing."
"And some drunk guy poured vodka all over me!" - "...and I bet they were yiffing."

By now I'm paranoid of what I write in my thesis and double check every sentence.
l0rdtr3k: Oh great. Now I have a song stuck in my head.It's from an old Charlie Chaplin short.
GreenDamsel: I have it worse. I have a phrase stuck in my head.

Examples of today:
"In 58.2% of the innovation projects only ordinary customers were involved..."-" and I bet they were yiffing."
"And some drunk guy poured vodka all over me!" - "...and I bet they were yiffing."

By now I'm paranoid of what I write in my thesis and double check every sentence.
I can't get this out of my head! I'm going crazy!
GreenDamsel: I have it worse. I have a phrase stuck in my head.

Examples of today:

l0rdtr3k: I can't get this out of my head! I'm going crazy!
Way more interesting that you didn't ask what yiffing is.
Oh là là. C'est étonnant....
LaPtiteBete: Is it still hot at your place ? :)
Here we have some grey sky, cool breeze and sometimes random rain... I miss my summer !! :<
I hope you'll manage to get all your work done, and be able to enjoy a long and restful weekend !! :)
**Moar hugs**
Sorry for the late reply, I had help my student with his presentation practice :-)
Yeah it is still quite hot here, but according to the weather report, there will be a lot of rain tomorrow. I so hope it is true :D
*more big hugs*
Post edited July 24, 2015 by moonshineshadow
LaPtiteBete: Is it still hot at your place ? :)
Here we have some grey sky, cool breeze and sometimes random rain... I miss my summer !! :<
I hope you'll manage to get all your work done, and be able to enjoy a long and restful weekend !! :)
**Moar hugs**
moonshineshadow: Sorry for the late reply, I had help my student with his presentation practice :-)
Yeah it is still quite hot here, but according to the weather report, there will be a lot of rain tomorrow. I so hope it is true :D
*more big hugs*
What are you teaching?
LaPtiteBete: >:-| ... Exactly.
l0rdtr3k: *very slimmy rerorerorero*
**shudder** >__o eeeeewww
moonshineshadow: Sorry for the late reply, I had help my student with his presentation practice :-)
*more big hugs*
GreenDamsel: What are you teaching?
I am not really teaching (I would run away screaming if I had to do that all the time). But for my PhD I had a master student doing his thesis on building a prototype I'll need in the near future :D
GreenDamsel: What are you teaching?
moonshineshadow: I am not really teaching (I would run away screaming if I had to do that all the time). But for my PhD I had a master student doing his thesis on building a prototype I'll need in the near future :D
Prototype of what?