It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: I am not really teaching (I would run away screaming if I had to do that all the time). But for my PhD I had a master student doing his thesis on building a prototype I'll need in the near future :D
GreenDamsel: Prototype of what?
Of a DC-DC converter :D
GreenDamsel: Prototype of what?
moonshineshadow: Of a DC-DC converter :D
And you can't use existing converters, because of... ?
moonshineshadow: Of a DC-DC converter :D
GreenDamsel: And you can't use existing converters, because of... ?
Because it is not like there are converters suitable for everything and therefore research needs to be done into new topologies especially for regenerative energies? And also most converters nowadays for energy generation are ac based, which might not be the case anymore in the future if more HVDC lines are build.
International treaties limiting the creation of weapons of mass destruction. They have to do it all in-house to prevent being discovered. :-)
moonshineshadow: Because it is not like there are converters suitable for everything and therefore research needs to be done into new topologies especially for regenerative energies? And also most converters nowadays for energy generation are ac based, which might not be the case anymore in the future if more HVDC lines are build.
That was an awfully harsh answer for a genuinely curious question.
ddickinson: International treaties limiting the creation of weapons of mass destruction. They have to do it all in-house to prevent being discovered. :-)
Nah there is no mass destruction weapon, only a mass star collector :P
moonshineshadow: Nah there is no mass destruction weapon, only a mass star collector :P
Isn't that the same thing? Without the sun all live on Earth dies. That sounds like mass destruction to me. :-)
moonshineshadow: Because it is not like there are converters suitable for everything and therefore research needs to be done into new topologies especially for regenerative energies? And also most converters nowadays for energy generation are ac based, which might not be the case anymore in the future if more HVDC lines are build.
GreenDamsel: That was an awfully harsh answer for a genuinely curious question.
Ah sorry, it was not meant that way. I was just in a bit of hurry of posting since my Prof. showed up with a question. I should have waited with posting and read through it again. Sorry again :-)
ddickinson: International treaties limiting the creation of weapons of mass destruction. They have to do it all in-house to prevent being discovered. :-)
moonshineshadow: Nah there is no mass destruction weapon, only a mass star collector :P
Shhhhhhtttt !!!!!!!!! >:-\
*walks in*

*plops down on chair*

*says to waiter "I'll have a filtered dark roast coffee, please"*

Goooooood morning GOGfolks, agents, battle sisters, blobs, giant "G" letters, and anyone else who happens to be here. =)
BillyMaysFan59: *walks in*

*plops down on chair*

Goooooood morning GOGfolks, agents, battle sisters, blobs, giant "G" letters, and anyone else who happens to be here. =)
*Happens to be here*
About oh...fifteen or twenty minutes in, Nehrim is impressing me, the tutorial dungeon is a lot more impressive than Oblivion's, however a tutorial dungeon is still just a tutorial dungeon.
Damn,I can't believe that I'll go back to work next week.
At least I'll go on a dinner with my GF.
l0rdtr3k: Damn,I can't believe that I'll go back to work next week.
At least I'll go on a dinner with my GF.
Nice! where? :)
BillyMaysFan59: *walks in*

*plops down on chair*

(I'm an "anyone else" >:-\ ...) ;-p
Good afternoon, Billy Mays !!
How are you doing ?
**Pass Billy Mays a big pot of delicious filtered dark roast coffee**