It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: Maybe I should see about getting the game since I have never played them. Do you think it would be better on the PS2, given the problems it might have running on a modern PC?
AgentBirdnest: The PS2 version had many people complaining because there was no save feature, which sounds miserable because there are a few levels that are not too easy.
I haven't tried, but I've heard that it works fine on Windows 7. I can only vouch for it working on XP with 2009 hardware :-p
I always ordered my ps2s without a memory card and then get angry at myself for being a retard.
moonshineshadow: Since I have not no clue about The Daark Crystal I can't help you with that ;-)
it was an old fantasy movie done with puppets by Jim Henson. Which is why I don't quite see the connection to the new game. But I guess there must be something, or they are just milking the name.

AgentBirdnest: The PS2 version had many people complaining because there was no save feature, which sounds miserable because there are a few levels that are not too easy.
I haven't tried, but I've heard that it works fine on Windows 7. I can only vouch for it working on XP with 2009 hardware :-p
I guess with it being so cheap I can always try the PC version first. I will have a closer look at the game and see if it's for me.

===

I will be off for a while to spend some lovely time with my partner now she is home. I hope you all have a lovely evening.

*big hugs*
Post edited July 23, 2015 by ddickinson
AgentBirdnest: (Oops, missed this)
That's the opinion I usually hear. Most fans of the series seem to hate, or at least think very little of Oblivion. Despite some really annoying things like level scaling, I couldn't help enjoying it. Personally, I couldn't call Morrowind or Oblivion my favourite. They both have different strengths and weaknesses, and I love them both.
Skyrim... I just couldn't put my finger on what bothered me... It felt like there just wasn't enough "heart"...
Well maybe i'll come another conclusion when i replay Oblivion which i actually want to do at some point

ddickinson: Maybe, but the game is not that good judging by the reviews. it has simplified controls and bad mechanics and design features. I could maybe understand if it was a big 100% accurate simulator like a lot of the big flight simulators, but not a simple gimmicky train simulator.
Well i didn't really looked the steam page but you're right. In that case it's doubtful many people actually will buy those DLC....
ddickinson: I guess with it being so cheap I can always try the PC version first. I will have a closer look at the game and see if it's for me.

===

I will be off for a while to spend some lovely time with my partner now she is home. I hope you all have a lovely evening.

*big hugs*
It's about British badasses and features annoying American Agent... How could anyone not love it? :-)
edit - Reading further, the first game may require a patch to install on 64-bit operating systems (it should play just fine on a 64-bit OS though, only installation is a problem.) The sequel apparently has no problems with that.

Have a good evening, DD! *big hug*
Post edited July 23, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
ddickinson: I don't quite get the comparison to The Dark Crystal on the game based on the trailer and screenshots.
moonshineshadow: Since I have not no clue about The Daark Crystal I can't help you with that ;-)
Oh my gosh go track down this movie and watch it!
AgentBirdnest: I see some used copies of the PC version for pretty cheap ($6+) in various conditions. A brand new copy is closer to around $80. (Thank you, Amazon :-))
I think they require the disc to be in the drive (I'm sure there is a way around that, I've never looked into that kind of thing.) Other than that, I believe they are clean games.
ddickinson: Maybe I should see about getting the game since I have never played them. Do you think it would be better on the PS2, given the problems it might have running on a modern PC?

AgentBirdnest: *sits in defeat*

I was quite sure that would be coming ;-)
ddickinson: Silly Agent. You can't beat literature. :-)

moonshineshadow: Oh we got another release:
http://www.gog.com/game/feist
ddickinson: That one looks interesting. *goes off to have a closer look*

I don't quite get the comparison to The Dark Crystal on the game based on the trailer and screenshots.
Me neither (the comparison) . . The Dark Crystal was a sort of dark side of the muppets' world, a good fantasy movie back in the day... Hm.

Also if anyone can remember this Morgan Page song I'm looking for, just can remember it was excellent, but not the name, some 4 years ago... and now this guy's gone make a name of himself, and a ton of work... argh.
Ixamyakxim: Oh my gosh go track down this movie and watch it!
Not really interested in movies ;-)
Ixamyakxim: Oh my gosh go track down this movie and watch it!
moonshineshadow: Not really interested in movies ;-)
Bummer :( It's more like a street puppetry fairy tale if that change things ;) You can even see strings!
moonshineshadow: Not really interested in movies ;-)
Ixamyakxim: Bummer :( It's more like a street puppetry fairy tale if that change things ;) You can even see strings!
Hmmm... not really :D
I am just not into watching movies or TV.
Actually found a game that I'm enjoying.

Barring any problems from me brute forcing it to work with my crappy integrated graphics, Sleeping Dogs looks like it'll be a lot of fun.
CarrionCrow: Actually found a game that I'm enjoying.

Barring any problems from me brute forcing it to work with my crappy integrated graphics, Sleeping Dogs looks like it'll be a lot of fun.
It's very good and a shame it isn't more well known. Xbox released it free and I grabbed it (it was always a game I "meant to" pick up but there was always something else I wanted to play). It's gorgeous, the open world is a fun, living one; the hand to hand combat feels wonderful and I don't know about you but I actually ended up really caring for the characters. It felt like playing a movie and all the great hard hitting typical scenes you'd expect from a movie actually struck a chord for me.

*edit to add Okay now it's really bugging me - what's the word they use for the capos of each crew?
Post edited July 23, 2015 by Ixamyakxim
CarrionCrow: Actually found a game that I'm enjoying.

Ixamyakxim: It's very good and a shame it isn't more well known. Xbox released it free and I grabbed it (it was always a game I "meant to" pick up but there was always something else I wanted to play). It's gorgeous, the open world is a fun, living one; the hand to hand combat feels wonderful and I don't know about you but I actually ended up really caring for the characters. It felt like playing a movie and all the great hard hitting typical scenes you'd expect from a movie actually struck a chord for me.

*edit to add Okay now it's really bugging me - what's the word they use for the capos of each crew?
Well, I just started it a while ago on a whim, haven't really gotten into it beyond the basics.
Had to shut it off for a bit to take care of some things for people.
But it's good to know that I grabbed something of quality for once. -laughs-
Afternoon/night to my friends and to those who will dance on my grave, which aren't mutually exclusive categories, but I digress. How are you doing?

So, a few days ago,I was mentioning the possibility of going back to college.

I went by the university this morning, turns out that I can hook back in any time. It works like this, during your first year you must pass a minimum of subjects. The amount is actually ridiculously low, it's either one core or two semester ones. Otherwise you're expelled.

Turns out I cleared 2 semestrials. That's also all I managed to clear which is the reason why I called it quits and went on to become a computer tech.

So what this means for me, is that all I need to do is present the forms and they will process my application, there are some formalities to clear. I don't want to say it's a sure thing, but it looks like they don't usually say no. The extra paperwork is mostly due to the degree's year plan having changed since I was there. Formerly it was 5 years, and got shortened to 4 to conform to european standard.
j0ekerr: Afternoon/night to my friends and to those who will dance on my grave, which aren't mutually exclusive categories, but I digress. How are you doing?

I went by the university this morning, turns out that I can hook back in any time. It works like this, during your first year you must pass a minimum of subjects. The amount is actually ridiculously low, it's either one core or two semester ones. Otherwise you're expelled.

Turns out I cleared 2 semestrials. That's also all I managed to clear which is the reason why I called it quits and went on to become a computer tech.

So what this means for me, is that all I need to do is present the forms and they will process my application, there are some formalities to clear. I don't want to say it's a sure thing, but it looks like they don't usually say no. The extra paperwork is mostly due to the degree's year plan having changed since I was there. Formerly it was 5 years, and got shortened to 4 to conform to european standard.
*welcome wave*
That is great news :-)
I hope everything works out without a problem.
j0ekerr: Afternoon/night to my friends and to those who will dance on my grave, which aren't mutually exclusive categories, but I digress. How are you doing?

moonshineshadow: *welcome wave*
That is great news :-)
I hope everything works out without a problem.
*slimmy hug*