It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EndreWhiteMane: Actually I've been looking for a very specific type of game, which probably doesn't even exist. ;)
AgentBirdnest: Well, of course you are going to tell us what type of game you are looking for so we can all try to think of something that might (at least come close to) match :-)
Well, that might be tricky but I'll try.
A game similar to Civilization, that covers the time period of about 100 BC to about 400 AD, centers on the Roman Republic and Roman Empire, and includes the effects of Christianity on history.
Rather picky aren't I? :-)
moonshineshadow: *big hug* Day at work was ok, really busy :-)

Hmm... funny. According to the chat everyone is offline. But here in the thread several people are shown as online.
ddickinson: Glad it went okay, even it was really busy. Are you able to have a nice relaxing evening, or have you taken some work home with you?

I noticed that as well, about people being offline.
Need to do some work this evening. Not that happy about that. I want a work free weekend now ;-)
Post edited July 22, 2015 by moonshineshadow
EndreWhiteMane: Well, that might be tricky but I'll try.
A game similar to Civilization, that covers the time period of about 100 BC to about 400 AD, centers on the Roman Republic and Roman Empire, and includes the effects of Christianity on history.
That is quote the specific game. Did you see the link I posted for you a few days ago? It had a list of games focused on Ancient Rome. Although I am not sure if any of them would fit what you were after. It does have a few that mentioned similarities to Civilisation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ancient_Rome_video_games
ddickinson: I don't see French Ink anywhere. I knew you were just trying to blame the French. :-)

Glad to hear your score is improving. Anything I can do to get it up to at least 8.1?

*more hugs*
There is London Ink, too... (this means absolutely nothing toward my argument :-p)

Nothing comes to mind, but I'll be sure to let you know. Thank you as always for being so lovely :-)
*more return hugs*
ddickinson: That is quote the specific game. Did you see the link I posted for you a few days ago? It had a list of games focused on Ancient Rome. Although I am not sure if any of them would fit what you were after. It does have a few that mentioned similarities to Civilisation.

Yes, thank you, I have been through that list several times now.
There are 5 games that all have some of the features I want.
I know what I'm looking for is impossible but I want to get close, my games budget is pretty much 0 at the moment.
Need to find some demos to try. :-)
moonshineshadow: Need to do some work this evening. Not that happy about that. I want a work free weekend now ;-)
I am sorry to hear that. I could ask Owl and Agent to burn something for you if that will give you some extra time? You know how those French love setting fires. :-)

I hope you will be able to have your work free weekend.

*big comforting hug for the ever lovely Moonshine*
ddickinson: That is quote the specific game. Did you see the link I posted for you a few days ago? It had a list of games focused on Ancient Rome. Although I am not sure if any of them would fit what you were after. It does have a few that mentioned similarities to Civilisation.

EndreWhiteMane: Yes, thank you, I have been through that list several times now.
I know what I'm looking for is impossible but I want to get close, my games budget is pretty much 0 at the moment.
I remember liking Centurion Defender of Rome. It's an oldie-goldie :)
Played it through on Amiga way back. Perhaps not enough Christians for your liking though.

also have you seen this thread?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_set_in_the_time_period_of_3001000_ad/page1
Post edited July 22, 2015 by superstande
Quite picky indeed :-)
Afraid the only game I know about Rome is Rome: Total War....
I will now politely back away from this one :-p
Post edited July 22, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
EndreWhiteMane: Yes, thank you, I have been through that list several times now.
What you need to do is share your wishlist again. Don't make me use extreme measure, like putting on a sad face. :-)
superstande: I remember liking Centurion Defender of Rome. It's an oldie-goldie :)
Played it through on Amiga way back. Perhaps not enough Christians for your liking though.

also have you seen this thread?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_set_in_the_time_period_of_3001000_ad/page1
Thank you for both the game idea and the thread link. That game actually looks awesome. :-)
AgentBirdnest: Quite picky indeed :-)
Afraid the only game I know about Rome is Rome: Total War....
I will now politely back away from this one :-p
I know, pretty niche. :-)
So far Age of Empires 1 plus it's expansion, EU Rome Gold and Imperium Romanum are the closest.
ddickinson: What you need to do is share your wishlist again. Don't make me use extreme measure, like putting on a sad face. :-)
My wishlist has everything I can find that I MIGHT have a bit of interest in.
It is definitely NOT a list of things I really want. :-)
Post edited July 22, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: My wishlist has everything I can find that I MIGHT have a bit of interest in.
It is definitely NOT a list of things I really want. :-)
Do you think you are alone in that? If I was not forced to make and share mine I wouldn't even have one.

And of course it's not a list of things you really want, GOG does not offer Mormon Nurses. :-)
Endre, you are welcome :) hope you find what you are looking for.

Hey... a list of things one really wants... gog should implement that feature! :)
EndreWhiteMane: ...
Have any of the new games on GOG caught your eye? And I promise this is not an excuse to gift, I am just curious.
EndreWhiteMane: ...
ddickinson: Have any of the new games on GOG caught your eye? And I promise this is not an excuse to gift, I am just curious.
This is as much a trap as a Thai beauty pageant.
GreenDamsel: This is as much a trap as a Thai beauty pageant.
Thai beauty pageant?