It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: Right. Harebrained does the Shadowrun Returns series, Catalyst runs the pen and paper game book development and Cliffhanger does an online Shadowrun game.
Yes it's quite complicated. From what i understand Microsoft holds the digital rights and Topps owns the tabletop rights...

EndreWhiteMane: Apparently that's true, this is the latest article I could find and it mentions Cliffhanger getting their stuff seized, NOT Hairbrained.
http://www.cliffhanger-productions.com/#team
The Shadowrun site covers all games and devs, it's quite odd.
http://www.shadowrun.com/
Who owns the copyright to the universe itself?
Yes. Read that as well but Cliffhanger tries to restructure itself if understand that correctly (but i have actually no idea how the insolvency proceedings work in Austria...

pimpmonkey2382.313: Is chat not working for anyone else?
AgentBirdnest: Not working for me either... seems to be becoming a regular thing >:-/
Still working here...
Post edited July 15, 2015 by ElTerprise
It's a bit annoying to see how many crap games I've rented. Fucking bundles.
CarrionCrow: It's a bit annoying to see how many crap games I've rented. Fucking bundles.
Games from Humble Bundles? I see you mentioned Renegade Ops earlier - i actually found that one okay for a twin-stick shooter.

What other games are you referring to - just asking out of curiosity. Also got some rental games from bundles....
ElTerprise: Games from Humble Bundles? I see you mentioned Renegade Ops earlier - i actually found that one okay for a twin-stick shooter.

What other games are you referring to - just asking out of curiosity. Also got some rental games from bundles....
Yes, that's the only place I get them from.

Would need a bit to compile a full list. Just seems like the ratio of decent items to crap is about 10 to 1.
CarrionCrow: Yes, that's the only place I get them from.

Would need a bit to compile a full list. Just seems like the ratio of decent items to crap is about 10 to 1.
Well most bundles i have from them as well (it's a shame i missed the start of Humble before it basically became yet another Steam-Keystore) but i aslo have some games from Bundlestars and Indiegala and i'm sure if i'd look at my Steam game list the crap to decent games ratio might be similar...

But i was actually talking about the games that actually made you thinking about that
Post edited July 15, 2015 by ElTerprise
CarrionCrow: Yes, that's the only place I get them from.

ElTerprise: Well most bundles i have from them as well (it's a shame i missed the start of Humble before it basically became yet another Steam-Keystore) but i aslo have some games from Bundlestars and Indiegala and i'm sure if i'd look at my Steam game list the crap to decent games ratio might be similar...
Cleaning out my rental crap at the moment. If something's trash, it gets tossed unless I've managed to keep overt hate vomit down for most of it. (Reason why I finished Renegade Ops, at least the thing was short.)

Additional - Putting this out there since I'm getting the red flash that usually tells me someone is trying to chat with me. Chat is currently broken, friends page has been broken for months. Apologies if the system isn't glitching harder than usual and someone's trying to talk to me.
Post edited July 15, 2015 by CarrionCrow
I'm thinking of picking up the Humble Bundle developer thingy bundle but it brought up a question.

Why are there so few RPG Maker games that are not anime inspired in style? I know it's a fairly limited tool and most of the people using it are not pros and can't afford artists, but it seems like nine out of every ten features stereotypical anime art and characters. It really shouldn't be that hard to make it look...non-anime-ish right? Just using custom art should do the trick or is that not an option? Are you stuck with "GenericAnimeBlondeGirl.jpg" style character screens?
As I've already posted in the Hermit Cave thread......

Did you know that today is Mandatory Fun day?

On July 15, 2014, Weird Al Yankovic released his newest album, "Mandatory Fun". It went all the way up to #1 in the US on the Billboard 200 list. "Word Crimes", parody of "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke, peaked at #39 on the Billboard Hot 100. Mandatory Fun was also Al's last album under contract.

It is 1 year old today, so I think I'll celebrate by listening to the album later tonight. (while playing HoMM 3 or Terraria or something)

P.S.: I would have posted this in my old Weird Al Fan Club thread instead, but it became a victim of GOG's poorly thought-out thread archiving thing, and I didn't remember to rescue it, unfortunately.

Anyways, hence the reason why today's "Conversational Free-For-All Thread Song of the Day" was Weird Al's "Now That's What I Call Polka!". =)
CarrionCrow: Cleaning out my rental crap at the moment. If something's trash, it gets tossed unless I've managed to keep overt hate vomit down for most of it. (Reason why I finished Renegade Ops, at least the thing was short.)
I see. Should do the same. I wish there would be a way to actually reduce my rental library....
ElTerprise: I see. Should do the same. I wish there would be a way to actually reduce my rental library....
I need to pick a good game and play it, so I can remind myself that there's something more to the "hobby" I've spent so much godsdamned money on than going from one hateful experience to the next.
CarrionCrow: I need to pick a good game and play it, so I can remind myself that there's something more to the "hobby" I've spent so much godsdamned money on than going from one hateful experience to the next.
Any idea on what to pick?
ElTerprise: Any idea on what to pick?
I'll figure it out. Or say to hell with it and read a book instead.
salope
*someone you vaguely recognise wanders into the thread*

Hey everyone!
Long time no speak, been in a serious lurking mode for a while (just not really had much to say and this thread seems to alternate between far too busy to keep up with or absolutely dead).
How are you all?

NoNewTaleToTell: I'm thinking of picking up the Humble Bundle developer thingy bundle but it brought up a question.

Why are there so few RPG Maker games that are not anime inspired in style? I know it's a fairly limited tool and most of the people using it are not pros and can't afford artists, but it seems like nine out of every ten features stereotypical anime art and characters. It really shouldn't be that hard to make it look...non-anime-ish right? Just using custom art should do the trick or is that not an option? Are you stuck with "GenericAnimeBlondeGirl.jpg" style character screens?
The standard art that comes with it is all typically anime-ish, and the main style of games you can make (without putting a lot more effort in) are JRPGs, which tend to have anime-ish graphics. Plus you're limited to (I think) 32 * 32 pixels for characters, which, while not impossible to do anything else with, also lends itself to somewhat anime like art styles.
I got the bundle, somewhat doubt I'll actually use any of it (although Sprite Lamp does look interesting) but I though why not when it's only £8?
CarrionCrow: I'll figure it out. Or say to hell with it and read a book instead.
Well there definitely worse ways spending some time than reading a book :)