It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: *big return hugs* Headache is almost gone :-) My Sunday was ok, finished housework and also finished Tetrobot & Co. Reall cute puzzle game. Just now I was looking at amazon for new books (not that I need more, but I love having books from my favourite authors available if I feel like reading them) :D
ddickinson: That is great news, hopefully by tomorrow your headache will be all gone. I was wondering earlier today if you were okay and feeling better. I played a few games today, after a lovely morning enjoying the outdoors and the lovely weather. Me and my partner finished Teslagrad, and then started and finished The Swapper, which was really enjoyable. We did not go horse riding, but we did go for a lovely walk, sadly my ankle is still a bit painful so we could not do too much today. So we just spend the afternoon relaxing at home and playing some PC games and having some fun around the house.

Can you ever have too many books? :-)

*more hugs*
Sounds like a really nice Sunday. So Teslagrad was good except for the boss fights? That made the game go way to the back of my backlog just now. I suck at boss fights .D

And no, you can never have too many books. The only possibilities are "not enough" or "barely sufficient" ;-)

*more return hugs*
Hello all hope everyone is having a great day and the weather is nice :)
moonshineshadow: *big return hugs* Headache is almost gone :-) My Sunday was ok, finished housework and also finished Tetrobot & Co. Reall cute puzzle game. Just now I was looking at amazon for new books (not that I need more, but I love having books from my favourite authors available if I feel like reading them) :D
ddickinson: That is great news, hopefully by tomorrow your headache will be all gone. I was wondering earlier today if you were okay and feeling better. I played a few games today, after a lovely morning enjoying the outdoors and the lovely weather. Me and my partner finished Teslagrad, and then started and finished The Swapper, which was really enjoyable. We did not go horse riding, but we did go for a lovely walk, sadly my ankle is still a bit painful so we could not do too much today. So we just spend the afternoon relaxing at home and playing some PC games and having some fun around the house.

Can you ever have too many books? :-)

*more hugs*

Soccorro: ...no... :/
ddickinson: That's a shame. There are lots more friends for you to meet. :-)
-.-
ddickinson: What is wrong with the weather? Too cold or too hot? It has been a bit too hot here today, but not too bad.

Teslagrad is a lot of fun, and the story is interesting (and a little sad if you are paying attention at some parts), but some of the puzzles are really annoying (not helped by the controls and the physics), and the bosses, or at least the end boss is very hard, and having to repeat the fight over and over gets annoying. But overall it is a good game, and well worth a play.

The Swapper is great, the art style, the mechanics, the story, I love it. I guess as I like Sci-Fi stories, but it was a nice challenge, but without the annoying obstacles of Teslagrad, or the bosses. The ending was a little annoying (not as in the story, but just because of what the developers did). You get two choices, but it saves over itself so if you want to see both you have to play the game all over again. Luckily YouTube was there to help. But other than that small thing, we really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere it creates. The soundtrack is very good as well. The creators modelled the game in claymation and then digitalised it, which gives the game a very unique look.
Well it was raining pretty much all day....temperature was okay though....

I can accept those problems as long the game is generally good :)

I hate those design decisions but copying the savefile before choosing might help....
cecil: Hello all hope everyone is having a great day and the weather is nice :)
*welcome wave*
cecil: Hello all hope everyone is having a great day and the weather is nice :)
Hello. Day is good but weather is bad.....what about your day?
moonshineshadow: Sounds like a really nice Sunday. So Teslagrad was good except for the boss fights? That made the game go way to the back of my backlog just now. I suck at boss fights .D

And no, you can never have too many books. The only possibilities are "not enough" or "barely sufficient" ;-)

*more return hugs*
Teslagrad is a good game, the story is nice, the look and settings are nice, some of the puzzles are really interesting (they all focus on magnetic principles) but some of the puzzles are so annoying due to the instant death element of the game (there is no health, one hit from anything dangerous and you die). Most are okay once you figure out the trick, one was very annoying, especially while trying to do it quick enough to get the collectable pill things (which reveal the story in pictures). The bosses (with the exception of the final boss) are not too hard, providing you figure out the trick. But after dying so many times it just becomes annoying, especially as you have to start the fight all over again. Once you figure it out the fights last a few minutes at most, so they are not too bad, it's just the constant replaying when you die.

Did you end up picking up any books, or just spend a nice time looking?

*even more hugs*
moonshineshadow: And no, you can never have too many books. The only possibilities are "not enough" or "barely sufficient" ;-)

*more return hugs*
ddickinson: Did you end up picking up any books, or just spend a nice time looking?

*even more hugs*
I ordered a new book by Trudi Canavan, well not totally new, but the paperbook version finally was out. She started a new trilogy and since I enjoyed her other books I am curious to see how this is :-)
ElTerprise:
ddickinson: The Swapper is great, the art style, the mechanics, the story, I love it. I guess as I like Sci-Fi stories, but it was a nice challenge, but without the annoying obstacles of Teslagrad, or the bosses. The ending was a little annoying (not as in the story, but just because of what the developers did). You get two choices, but it saves over itself so if you want to see both you have to play the game all over again. Luckily YouTube was there to help. But other than that small thing, we really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere it creates. The soundtrack is very good as well. The creators modelled the game in claymation and then digitalised it, which gives the game a very unique look.
Soccorro:
ddickinson:
I find the Swapper hard due to controls. I'm stumped like 4 puzzles in from the start any tips for the beginning to make it a little easier to get into?
ElTerprise: Well it was raining pretty much all day....temperature was okay though....

I can accept those problems as long the game is generally good :)

I hate those design decisions but copying the savefile before choosing might help....
Did the weather ruin your barbecue?

The game is generally good, it was just the constant repeating due to the one hit death element of the game. For someone more used to platformers it will probably not be a problem. Some of the puzzles are quite challenging, and not just due to the controls or the physics. There are two ending (we got the special one due to collecting all the items). We saw the second one on Youtube.

You might be right about copying the save, but we did not know it was coming. We thought it would have saved before the choice, but they saved over the save to save at the credits, which you can watch from the main menu anyway, so it seemed a bit mean to save over the save and to force you to replay to get the second ending. I picked the good ending, IMO, and the one we missed was not that good anyway, I was expecting a big twist with that ending. The story and twists were quite nice, and the whole feel of the game was very well done. If I had to choose between them, I would go for The Swapper, due to the story and the general feel of the game. Not that Teslagrad is bad, it has it's faults, but it as still a great game. One of the few problems with The Swapper was that you are not really told that holding the clone button slows down time, which is required to get a round some places and for some puzzles, but once you figure that out things get a bit easier. The mechanics and the puzzles are nice, focused around cloning and swapping the characters around between the clones.

moonshineshadow: I ordered a new book by Trudi Canavan, well not totally new, but the paperbook version finally was out. She started a new trilogy and since I enjoyed her other books I am curious to see how this is :-)
That is good to hear. I just spent quite a lot on lots of books for the childrens hospice, so my book spending budget is out of the question for a while now. But it was worth it, next weekend we are surprising them with all the books, and hopefully they will love them.

cecil: I find the Swapper hard due to controls. I'm stumped like 4 puzzles in from the start any tips for the beginning to make it a little easier to get into?
Are you playing it with the keyboard? I played it on the Xbox controller, so sadly I can't offer much help for the keyboard controls. What was the puzzle that stumped you, if you can remember?
Post edited July 13, 2015 by ddickinson
CarrionCrow: This is ridiculous. I can't even remember buying some of the games in my rental library, and the whole thing looks like a bargain bin threw up in my account.
I think this illustrates my surprise.
EndreWhiteMane: Those Humble bundles will get ya. :-)

On another note: Curiosity got the better of me and I bought a Steam 'gift key' from G2A.com.
The process went well and they didn't ask anything I wasn't willing to tell them.
I paid by CC so I have recourse if something goes wrong.
I am now waiting while the "Security System Checks Your Order" which may take 40 minutes and has already taken 25.
Wonder if selling gift keys is even legal???
I'd say it's a grey market area, not illegal but probably not ethical... depending on who you ask.

To a libertarian it's perfectly fine, one of them told me so.
Post edited July 13, 2015 by j0ekerr
cecil:
ddickinson: Are you playing it with the keyboard? I played it on the Xbox controller, so sadly I can't offer much help for the keyboard controls. What was the puzzle that stumped you, if you can remember?
I have a logitech controller that is basically a PS controller. It's a puzzle where you need to get up on to a ledge but you can't becuase your swapper ray is blocked I assume I have to unblock it somehow so I can make then swap into the person on the ledge...
moonshineshadow: I ordered a new book by Trudi Canavan, well not totally new, but the paperbook version finally was out. She started a new trilogy and since I enjoyed her other books I am curious to see how this is :-)
ddickinson: That is good to hear. I just spent quite a lot on lots of books for the childrens hospice, so my book spending budget is out of the question for a while now. But it was worth it, next weekend we are surprising them with all the books, and hopefully they will love them.
That is great :-)
Hmm... your book budged is empty.. that gives me the idea, that it would be so cool if we could ninja gift books :P
cecil: I have a logitech controller that is basically a PS controller. It's a puzzle where you need to get up on to a ledge but you can't becuase your swapper ray is blocked I assume I have to unblock it somehow so I can make then swap into the person on the ledge...
What is it about the controls that you are finding hard?

The lights are troublesome, the blue lights stops you placing clones there (only where the light touches), the red stops you transferring to a clone (it acts like a wall stopping the transfer), and I think the purple did both. Some of the puzzles are very hard, and can take a lot of trial and error. I can't quite picture the fourth puzzle of the top of my head, so sadly I can't offer much help without knowing the exact puzzle.
ddickinson: Did the weather ruin your barbecue?

The game is generally good, it was just the constant repeating due to the one hit death element of the game. For someone more used to platformers it will probably not be a problem. Some of the puzzles are quite challenging, and not just due to the controls or the physics. There are two ending (we got the special one due to collecting all the items). We saw the second one on Youtube.

You might be right about copying the save, but we did not know it was coming. We thought it would have saved before the choice, but they saved over the save to save at the credits, which you can watch from the main menu anyway, so it seemed a bit mean to save over the save and to force you to replay to get the second ending. I picked the good ending, IMO, and the one we missed was not that good anyway, I was expecting a big twist with that ending. The story and twists were quite nice, and the whole feel of the game was very well done. If I had to choose between them, I would go for The Swapper, due to the story and the general feel of the game. Not that Teslagrad is bad, it has it's faults, but it as still a great game. One of the few problems with The Swapper was that you are not really told that holding the clone button slows down time, which is required to get a round some places and for some puzzles, but once you figure that out things get a bit easier. The mechanics and the puzzles are nice, focused around cloning and swapping the characters around between the clones.
No we had our barbecue yesterday - although a bit earlier than usual as i had to work yesterday evening...
The game is definitely on my top-priority list now ;)
This problem with not getting a save before an important choice is pretty common i think. Atleast i had that problem in some games already. But on the other hand Saints Row 3 acutally advices to save the game before the ending if i'm not mistaken.