It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

j0ekerr: Good afternoon people.

Welp, I finished Valkyria Chronicles. And missed every single report, which are unlockable optional chapters that provide a bit of background information and a couple more missions. I overlooked them, because every time I completed a mission, I kept advancing through the game book, never looking back, always facing forwards and glad to leave the animu bullshit behind.

Turns out that you need to go back.

And so, during NG+ I took a look at the reports and what did I find amongst them?

That most stale and rancid staple of anime tropes. The BEACH EPISODE.

War is hell, but apparently there's always time for some blushing bikini fanservice.
------------------
In other news, I went to CostCo yesterday.

If anyone wonders, "what the hell is a CostCo doing over there?" it's because the yanks will eventually conquer us all.

Anyways I went to CostCo, with a friend who has a membership card and bought a bunch of extremely over-the-top HUEG-ASS american choocolate chip cookies. Imagine my surprise when I finally bit into them, only to find that they weren't crispy and crunchy like I expected but rather soft and chewy.

And I think I could taste the lard under the chocolate.

We also had lunch there, we ordered a slice of pizza each. When we saw the size of the damn thing, I was suddenly confronted by the sheer reality of the american obesity thing. I mean you hear about it on TV, but it's different when you're actually biting down on it, The slice alone was almost the size of a small whole pizza.

And the prices were ridiculous for those sizes.
You make me want to play Valkyria Chronicles more and more every time you mention it.
It's apparent that it's going to hurt, and quite a bit, but it'll hurt in a somewhat different way since I don't watch anime that have any of the dog shit that VC is evidently drowning in.

And yes, Costco is miserable. It has its own special flavor of misery and despair, something that even a standard Walmart can't touch.

Walmart is where hope goes to overdose on meth and die in a dirty toilet stall.

Costco is where hope has a coronary after fighting with another customer over who gets the last crate of 50 gallon mayonnaise drums, dies in an aisle and is left there to rot as people walk over the body to get to more garbage they think they can't live without.

And yes, the food's going to suck.
Here's the thing - The U.S. might have more food, more selections, larger sizes, but most of it ranges from mediocre to goddamn awful.
Whatever good stuff you have in Spain, you're not going to see getting passed around in a fucking Costco.
Or at least, not without them screwing it up first.
EndreWhiteMane: Aloha everyone (both of you), about the same here today.
Glad everyone is at least OK.
Just about to make another pot of coffee and maybe play a game. ;)
G'day guv'nah!

Are you familiar with Reesee's buttercups?
j0ekerr: More stuff for the relatives' car?

Did you get an upgrade on your net? Or is the server being nice today?
Oh yeah. Actually tried mentioning more efficient ways to do this, but there's no way in hell they're going to get a laptop, so the disc burning continues.

Net upgrade. Got it about a week ago, so I can finally have internet speed that isn't frigging awful.
Not high-end by any means, but it's so much better than what I did have.
GreenDamsel: ...
Here I Germany we have stores a quarter that size and everything is specialized. When I want to get some electronics I go to the electronics store. When I want to go and buy food I go to the food store.
Bah.
j0ekerr: Quite a statement, specially coming from the place that spawned Media Markt.

Would you kindly explain to me then why I can find motorcycle helmets at lidl?
No idea, why you mention Media Markt. They only sell electronics.

Lidl and Aldi both offer mainly food. Every week (or 2 weeks? not sure as I never paid attention to it) they have 1 to 5 special items on sale. Usually seasonal items. For example, the two weeks before school begins they sell pens and notebooks.

I've never seen motorcycle helmets though. Might be due to different safety regulations? It's usually some crappy bullshit. A pressure washer this week. Supposed to be Waffle irons next week?
Point was that it's primarily a discount food shop, unlike a fully equipped American Target or CostCo.
I don't buy stuff there, personally, because the food is really low quality, with several food scandals over the past decade.
Post edited July 12, 2015 by GreenDamsel
CarrionCrow: You make me want to play Valkyria Chronicles more and more every time you mention it.
It's apparent that it's going to hurt, and quite a bit, but it'll hurt in a somewhat different way since I don't watch anime that have any of the dog shit that VC is evidently drowning in.

And yes, Costco is miserable. It has its own special flavor of misery and despair, something that even a standard Walmart can't touch.

Walmart is where hope goes to overdose on meth and die in a dirty toilet stall.

Costco is where hope has a coronary after fighting with another customer over who gets the last crate of 50 gallon mayonnaise drums, dies in an aisle and is left there to rot as people walk over the body to get to more garbage they think they can't live without.

And yes, the food's going to suck.
Here's the thing - The U.S. might have more food, more selections, larger sizes, but most of it ranges from mediocre to goddamn awful.
Whatever good stuff you have in Spain, you're not going to see getting passed around in a fucking Costco.
Or at least, not without them screwing it up first.
I gotta say I didn't get a bad impression of CostCo while I was there beyond the obvious, cheap but large servings of everything. And since everything was stocked almost to the point of overflowing, I saw no knife fights amongst customers either. Plus it had a somewhat exotic feel to it, since there was a truckload of imported stuff that you don't usually see around here. I found Froot loops for example, I think they stopped making those here years ago because children here are not that big on candied milk for breakfast. And those red plastic cups you see in every movie that depicts a kegger party.

Basically it felt like a foodstuff ikea.

Yes, I know that's not a good thing.

Is Kirkland's costco's own brand? 'Cause I saw a lot of stuff under that name.

As for the food, there were only 5 things to choose at the cafeteria. And yes we all knew it was junk food, but it was extremely cheap junk food. Even when compared to other junk food providers. For example, the paper cup cost 49 cents for unlimited refills at the dispenser. Compare that to Burger King (McD doesn't do refills) which charges 3 bucks for the same paper cup.

As for VC, the game itself is pretty enjoyable, as for the story expect lots and lots and lots and lots AND LOOOOTS of cheese. Be careful not to develop lactose intolerance.
Post edited July 12, 2015 by j0ekerr
moonshineshadow: *big welcome hug* What are you considering to play? More Serpent in the Staglands?

Btw. I think I found your 6 secret wishlist games :P
Not sure, I downloaded an Age of Empires 2 demo and it kind of sucked me in. Was up till 2am playing. :-)
You can't have found my secret games, they're a secret. ;)
moonshineshadow: *big welcome hug* What are you considering to play? More Serpent in the Staglands?

Btw. I think I found your 6 secret wishlist games :P
EndreWhiteMane: Not sure, I downloaded an Age of Empires 2 demo and it kind of sucked me in. Was up till 2am playing. :-)
Ah yes, Ages of Empires 2 is great :D
And you know with the wishlist games, it is like Christmas presents, you did not hide them well enough :P
j0ekerr: G'day guv'nah!

Are you familiar with Reesee's buttercups?
Reese's Peanut Butter cups? They're a favorite of mine. ;)
j0ekerr: I gotta say I didn't get a bad impression of CostCo while I was there beyond the obvious, cheap but large servings of everything. And since everything was stocked almost to the point of overflowing, I saw no knife fights amongst customers either. Plus it had a somewhat exotic feel to it, since there was a truckload of imported stuff that you don't usually see around here. I found Froot loops for example, I think they stopped making those here years ago because children here are not that big on candied milk for breakfast. And those red plastic cups you see in every movie that depicts a kegger party.

Basically it felt like a foodstuff ikea.

Yes, I know that's not a good thing.

Is Kirkland's costco's own brand? 'Cause I saw a lot of stuff under that name.

As for the food, there were only 5 things to choose at the cafeteria. And yes we all knew it was junk food, but it was extremely cheap junk food. Even when compared to other junk food providers. For example, the paper cup cost 49 cents for unlimited refills at the dispenser. Compare that to Burger King (McD doesn't do refills) which charges 3 bucks for the same paper cup.

As for VC, the game itself is pretty enjoyable, as for the story expect lots and lots and lots and lots AND LOOOOTS of cheese. Be careful not to develop lactose intolerance.
Well, that's good. It has novelty to you, so at least it's interesting in a way.

From what I remember, Kirkland is their brand, yes. Haven't been in a Costco in a very long time.

-laughs- If nothing else, you have an option for cheaper crap now.

That should add a nice sense of dread to the playthrough. Have an enjoyable gameplay segment, and every time I know there's more awful story to come...
EndreWhiteMane: Not sure, I downloaded an Age of Empires 2 demo and it kind of sucked me in. Was up till 2am playing. :-)
moonshineshadow: Ah yes, Ages of Empires 2 is great :D
And you know with the wishlist games, it is like Christmas presents, you did not hide them well enough :P
Stupid wiki revision history! :-)
moonshineshadow: Ah yes, Ages of Empires 2 is great :D
EndreWhiteMane: Stupid wiki revision history! :-)
*big hug?* :D
EndreWhiteMane: Reese's Peanut Butter cups? They're a favorite of mine. ;)
I just saw them yesterday at a little slice of (according to Crow some of the worst of) America.

I didn't get them though because all they had was thig huge bag of mini buttercups and I don't buy economy sizes on a whim.

Plus with the current weather, I either keep them in the fridge or I end up with melted chocolate goo.

CarrionCrow: That should add a nice sense of dread to the playthrough. Have an enjoyable gameplay segment, and every time I know there's more awful story to come...
An example without spoiling excessively. After you beat the final boss, there's an example of a supossedly heroic sacrifice that's actually a retarded sacrifice.

When you beat the main antagonist, you destroy the machinery that fuels his artificially induced powers. Thus rendering him effectively helpless. He's not a threat anymore, he's defeated, unarmed, defenseless and an extremely valuable prisoner.

Then out of nowhere comes this guy who grabs him and spouts some bullshit speech about the power of good and peace, how he was wrong and that the world would be much better if everybody rode a pink unicorn but he'll never get to see it all and wastes himself and the defeated boss.

And on top of all that, he was a Load Bearing Boss too.
Post edited July 12, 2015 by j0ekerr
j0ekerr:
Okay, that sounds like garbage. Good thing my memory's shit, since what you said should be a nice blur by the time I actually play it so I can end up screaming at the end of the game.
That's one of the best indicators of a game's quality right there, if you're just foaming at the mouth and shrieking as the credits roll.
EndreWhiteMane: Stupid wiki revision history! :-)
Your ninjitsu is weak my viking lord, just the other day you were posting about the aerial dogfight game. That is not stealthy at all.
Speaking of Age of Empires 2.
Does anybody know if SW Galactic Battlegrounds is worth it?