It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BillyMaysFan59: Also you probably mean Age of Wonders, not Age of Empires. ;D
*blushes* Yes thanks for that! Talk about butchering not just one but two classics! "Hey, have you ever played that game? Half-Doom I think?"
Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. =)

Hopefully you're all having a decent weekend.
CarrionCrow: Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. =)

*welcome wave* Doing ok, what about you?
CarrionCrow: Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone. =)

moonshineshadow: *welcome wave* Doing ok, what about you?
About the same. Waking up, drinking too much coffee, working on computer stuff.

Sorry your head's been hurting so much.
moonshineshadow: *welcome wave* Doing ok, what about you?
CarrionCrow: About the same. Waking up, drinking too much coffee, working on computer stuff.

Sorry your head's been hurting so much.
Somehow our weekends sound really boring. We need to find some people who venture outside and can tell some exciting stories :D
moonshineshadow: Somehow our weekends sound really boring. We need to find some people who venture outside and can tell some exciting stories :D
Oh, I could tell exciting stories. They'd all be lies, though. ;)

I'm sure there are plenty of people having all kinds of excitement.
Problem is, there's a razor-thin line between excitement you want, and excitement you want nothing to do with.
moonshineshadow: Somehow our weekends sound really boring. We need to find some people who venture outside and can tell some exciting stories :D
CarrionCrow: Oh, I could tell exciting stories. They'd all be lies, though. ;)

I'm sure there are plenty of people having all kinds of excitement.
Problem is, there's a razor-thin line between excitement you want, and excitement you want nothing to do with.
It could be quite funny to tell some tales and have people wonder if they are true :P

And yeah, hopefully everyone of our regulars is having the first kind of excitement at the moment.
moonshineshadow: It could be quite funny to tell some tales and have people wonder if they are true :P

And yeah, hopefully everyone of our regulars is having the first kind of excitement at the moment.
That would be interesting since there's no body language to pick up on with this format.

Yes, hopefully. As for me, there's none of the former, and I've had way too much of the latter for one lifetime, so I'll be content with having more coffee and plugging away at busywork. =)
Aloha everyone (both of you), about the same here today.
Glad everyone is at least OK.
Just about to make another pot of coffee and maybe play a game. ;)
EndreWhiteMane: Aloha everyone (both of you), about the same here today.
Right. Can't complain, good to hear you're in the same boat.

Burning CD's and liking how much faster my net connection downloads audiobooks from a bitchy server.
Will probably jump back in to Desktop Dungeons and get killed some more when I'm done with it all.
Oh fun, I've contracted a case of the headaches as well.
Good afternoon people.

Welp, I finished Valkyria Chronicles. And missed every single report, which are unlockable optional chapters that provide a bit of background information and a couple more missions. I overlooked them, because every time I completed a mission, I kept advancing through the game book, never looking back, always facing forwards and glad to leave the animu bullshit behind.

Turns out that you need to go back.

And so, during NG+ I took a look at the reports and what did I find amongst them?

That most stale and rancid staple of anime tropes. The BEACH EPISODE.

War is hell, but apparently there's always time for some blushing bikini fanservice.
------------------
In other news, I went to CostCo yesterday.

If anyone wonders, "what the hell is a CostCo doing over there?" it's because the yanks will eventually conquer us all.

Anyways I went to CostCo, with a friend who has a membership card and bought a bunch of extremely over-the-top HUEG-ASS american choocolate chip cookies. Imagine my surprise when I finally bit into them, only to find that they weren't crispy and crunchy like I expected but rather soft and chewy.

And I think I could taste the lard under the chocolate.

We also had lunch there, we ordered a slice of pizza each. When we saw the size of the damn thing, I was suddenly confronted by the sheer reality of the american obesity thing. I mean you hear about it on TV, but it's different when you're actually biting down on it, The slice alone was almost the size of a small whole pizza.

And the prices were ridiculous for those sizes.
Post edited July 12, 2015 by j0ekerr
j0ekerr: In other news, I went to CostCo yesterday.

If anyone wonders, "what the hell is a CostCo doing over there?" it's because the yanks will eventually conquer us all.

Anyways I went to CostCo, with a friend who has a membership card and bought a bunch of extremely over-the-top HUEG-ASS american choocolate chip cookies. Imagine my surprise when I finally bit into them, only to find they weren't crispy and crunchy like I expected but rather soft and chewy.

And I think I could taste the lard under the chocolate.

We also had lunch there, we ordered a slice of pizza each. When we saw the size of the damn thing, I was suddenly confronted by the sheer reality of the american obesity thing. I mean you hear about it on TV, but it's different when you're actually biting down on it, The slice alone was almost the size of a small pizza.

And the prices were ridiculous for those sizes.
I think it was Walmart that tried building up shops here. It crashed and burned like the Hindenburg. No one went there and nobody liked it.

My American friends didn't quite understand why I am so confused around American stores. Everything is so big and unoptimized. They sell furniture in the same store that sells food and electronics.
Here I Germany we have stores a quarter that size and everything is specialized. When I want to get some electronics I go to the electronics store. When I want to go and buy food I go to the food store.
Bah.
And they add sugar into everything. Even raw bread tastes sweet af. Huge factor in the obesity problem. Add that to the amount of food per serving and you could satisfy the daily calories intake of 3 Europeans with a regular American lunch.
EndreWhiteMane: Aloha everyone (both of you), about the same here today.
*big welcome hug* What are you considering to play? More Serpent in the Staglands?

Btw. I think I found your 6 secret wishlist games :P

j0ekerr: Good afternoon people.
*welcome wave*
Post edited July 12, 2015 by moonshineshadow
GreenDamsel: ...
Here I Germany we have stores a quarter that size and everything is specialized. When I want to get some electronics I go to the electronics store. When I want to go and buy food I go to the food store.
Bah.
Quite a statement, specially coming from the place that spawned Media Markt.

Would you kindly explain to me then why I can find motorcycle helmets at lidl?
CarrionCrow: Right. Can't complain, good to hear you're in the same boat.

Burning CD's and liking how much faster my net connection downloads audiobooks from a bitchy server.
Will probably jump back in to Desktop Dungeons and get killed some more when I'm done with it all.
More stuff for the relatives' car?

Did you get an upgrade on your net? Or is the server being nice today?
Post edited July 12, 2015 by j0ekerr