It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Whoops...now getting the same error like DD when trying open the chat...
ddickinson: Maybe Team17 would be an A company. They have many well known games under them, and they are a publisher as well. So maybe it would be AAA, A (companies like Team17), B (maybe indie companies that are big enough not to not really call themselves indie anymore), then C would be indie.
I like that. :)
Soccorro: I hate GOGs message system... -.-
An error occured?
Post edited July 09, 2015 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Whoops...now getting the same error like DD when trying open the chat...
ddickinson: Maybe Team17 would be an A company. They have many well known games under them, and they are a publisher as well. So maybe it would be AAA, A (companies like Team17), B (maybe indie companies that are big enough not to not really call themselves indie anymore), then C would be indie.
ElTerprise: I like that. :)
Soccorro: I hate GOGs message system... -.-
ElTerprise: An error occured?
YES! >.<
ddickinson: I have heard a lot of bad things about Diablo 3, ranging from the bad characters to the whole store where they tried to exploit people for real world money on items, which is probably why it is so centered on loot, as they were planning to monetise it all.

I heard many people say Torchlight 2 was a lot better in many ways, and that it is what Diablo 3 should have been. I have played the first torchlight, and found it so boring and repetitive, but I don't know if the second one is any better as I have not played it.
Everything I mentioned are problems with the game post-real world money system removal.
That they tried that at all speaks of heavy greed.

Torchlight 2 is more interesting is that there's more variety and the story's a bit stronger.
The second bit isn't saying much, I know.

As for it being what Diablo 3 should've been, I think they both missed the mark.
moonshineshadow: Oh it is working for me again fine, it was just 5-10mins were the website was behaving like I was not logged in.
I see. Thankfully i'm not getting those issues for some time now. Forcing HTTPS on every part the site might have helped in my case...
ElTerprise: Whoops...now getting the same error like DD when trying open the chat...
It is fixed for me now, so hopefully it is just a bug and will be fixed for you soon as well.
Soccorro: YES! >.<
Same here now...*sigh*
ElTerprise: Is expert the highest difficulty?
Initially, a player can choose between regular, hard and expert. The higher the difficulty, the more XP and gold you get.
After you beat act 4, there's a higher difficulty level unlocked. After a character hits level 60, Torment is unlocked.
I think there are five Torment levels.
Soccorro: YES! >.<
ElTerprise: Same here now...*sigh*
Can't even log in on the website! :(
CarrionCrow: Everything I mentioned are problems with the game post-real world money system removal.
That they tried that at all speaks of heavy greed.

Torchlight 2 is more interesting is that there's more variety and the story's a bit stronger.
The second bit isn't saying much, I know.

As for it being what Diablo 3 should've been, I think they both missed the mark.
I remember that they removed the real world money, but I figured the infrastructure they put in place for it would remain, hence the loot focus.

It's strange how Diablo 3 has such a weak story, Blizzard used to always pride themselves on good cinematic storylines. But then I have not really played any of their new games. I have Torchlight 2, it was DRM-free on Humble a while ago, but I have not gotten around to playing it yet. Games like that need a bit of time invested in them, and at the moment I just don't really have the time.

I think most games these days miss the mark. They just don't seem to be able to repeat some of the gems they made previously, or capture what it was that made the original or older games great.
ElTerprise: Is expert the highest difficulty?
CarrionCrow: Initially, a player can choose between regular, hard and expert. The higher the difficulty, the more XP and gold you get.
After you beat act 4, there's a higher difficulty level unlocked. After a character hits level 60, Torment is unlocked.
i think 6 torment levels?
It's broken for me again.

I wonder if it's the strain from the US users being online? Things often seem to break around this time.
Post edited July 09, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: It is fixed for me now, so hopefully it is just a bug and will be fixed for you soon as well.
Hope so. And it worked some minutes ago...
CarrionCrow: Initially, a player can choose between regular, hard and expert. The higher the difficulty, the more XP and gold you get.
Okay. That means the game can be played on really extreme difficulty...

Soccorro: Can't even log in on the website! :(
Oh shit...hopefully it's only a few minutes...

ddickinson: It's broken for me again.

I wonder if it's the strain from the US users being online? Things often seem to break around this time.
Possibly.
Post edited July 09, 2015 by ElTerprise
ddickinson: It's broken for me again.

Of course! It's the americans! :D Let's hate on them!
As the site seems to be breaking, and as I need to get some sleep, I will take this opportunity to wish you all a goodnight. I hope you all have a lovely evening and a good nights sleep when you call it a night.

*goodnight hugs and silly waves*

Soccorro: Of course! It's the americans! :D Let's hate on them!
You changed your tune, you loved them the other day and hated the English. Don't think you can fool us. You are still wearing your US flag themed outfit. :-)
Post edited July 09, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: As the site seems to be breaking, and as I need to get some sleep, I will take this opportunity to wish you all a goodnight. I hope you all have a lovely evening and a good nights sleep when you call it a night.

*goodnight hugs and silly waves*
I wish you a good night too and sleep well *big good night hugs*
See you tomorrow :)