It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: (o__o ... be nice to my ass! I use it all the time!)
ddickinson: You have a donkey? I did not know that. What do you call your ass? :-)
Annabelle... Annabelle S. Rodriguez.

:-)
All right, guess the coffee's not working. Will have to sleep instead.

Have a good day, everyone. =)
NoNewTaleToTell: Words...
superstande: Hello! I completely agree. But there are quite a few where this is employed to some degree at least, right?
I'd guess Crow knows about this stuff a lot more than I. ^_^
We could do some kind of list about rpgs where it has been done well...

Anyhow Good Morning to All! - I'm such a busybody these days gotta run to work again.
There are some yes, I know Baldur's Gate 2 does, maybe the other Infinity Engine DnD games allow it to though I'm not sure, maybe The Witcher 2? CarrionCrow probably would know more, more than me at least!

NoNewTaleToTell: Words...
CarrionCrow: I think it doesn't happen a lot because it's a balance issue.

From what I remember, Baldur's Gate does it, and they manage to sidestep the difficulty issue by allowing someone to either import a stronger character from the first game, or the player can start with a new character that has a higher level.

Most designers aren't willing to set up two different experiences.
If a player doesn't have a save file to import and everything is balanced for stronger characters, the player will get their teeth kicked in. If the starting area is populated with nothing but weak enemies and a player imports a save so they're way stronger, it'll get boring fast since there's no challenge.
Yeah, I can imagine it'd be a hard thing to balance unless you use some form of level scaling, which is something I dislike. That's why I was thinking start the player out slightly higher but not enough to breeze through everything, just enough to make the starting dungeon and maybe the first quests easier, by which time a new character would've caught up. Maybe even not starting out at a higher level but starting the game with a extra skill points.

But yeah, I can see the balancing side of the issue, not to mention the workload. I was just thinking in general, like the Gothic series. The lead character of Gothic 1 is the lead all the way through the original trilogy, each game he ends up a walking talking symbol of death but in the next game he's forgotten ALL his skills, lost all his equipment etc.
Hello everyone *big hugs and waves*

How are you all doing?
ddickinson: You don't like the chicken costume? Would you have rather I left you there all naked for all the guys to stumble upon in the morning? *thinks to self "maybe she would have preferred that, she is French."* :-)

I am glad to hear you are doing good today. Do you have anything nice planned, other than your lovely evening with your friends, which I hope will go great?

Are you sure you don't want to help, it's quite interesting, and you can use virtually all of the pig. So some ribs it is. *cuts off some ribs just for Owl's barbecue*

That will be 4 hugs for the ribs. :-)

*big hug*
Well, I feel a bit ridiculous, but... no, I definitely wouldn't have rather you left me there all naked for all the guys to stumble upon in the morning ):-| ... so I keep it for the moment... thanks... (haha, and I can see what you think, you dirty-minded English farm lady !!!>:-\)

Well, nothing more planned for the moment... yes, I just bought Samorost 2 because he was starng at me with its little Puss-in-Boots look...
(thanks for your wishes ! :-*)
What about you, any special plans ?... :)

And yeah, I'm sure. You can ask me any help you want, as long as it doesn't involve to hurt animals... I couldn't. If I was on my own with no butcher's shops around, well, I would be a vegetarian owl... unless I learn to fish ?... I wish I was a bear. Bears eat trouts and salmon and honey and mushrooms... that's cool :D ...
Do you have a tractor ? I could drive it (far far away) while you do your butchery work :D woohoooo....

4 hugs ? fine !!!
** Big happy hug with lots of sunshine and a cool breeze in your hair **
** Big happy hug with a nice blueberry flavoured tea and a cookie with chocolate chunk **
** Big happy hug with a thick layer of soft and fresh grass to take some rest after your work **
** Big happy hug with little birds singing around (and not sh*tting on you) as you take some deserved break **

AgentBirdnest: Depends on your definition of "some", "nice", and "plans"... I imagine I'll drink some water, and perhaps spend some time breathing... I'll get back to you if anything more interesting comes up ;-)
(o__o ... be nice to my ass! I use it all the time!)
**Big-ass hug** n__o
Hum... :-| ... fascinating. I never thought about breathing as a "nice plan", but, well. Drinking water could be a nice plan, for someone who has spent some tough time in a random desert for example :D
... So, you've got a big ass... interesting !! n__n
Soccorro: Good morning!

How are you all doing!?

I'm feeling awesome today! *Moonwalks into the room*
Nice Moonwalk !!
I'm pretty good, thanks... Glad you are feeling awesome, Socco !! :D
What's your secret to feel that good over the last days ? can we try it too ?
AgentBirdnest: (o__o ... be nice to my ass! I use it all the time!)
ddickinson: You have a donkey? I did not know that. What do you call your ass? :-)
Ho, yeah... that would probably explain a lot of things :D haha...
CarrionCrow: I'm not particularly good at compiling lists like that. I can mention things I like, things I think are good, things I hate, but I don't narrow things down. It all depends on mood.
Aaaw.... tant pis !! :)
Vnlr: Good noon everyone!

*Hands out a pack of pralines to everybody*

The last few weeks have been very busy; the household, symphonies, a cousin from antwerp who visited, bicycling, and forcing myself through my calculus books. But I'm doing fine ... I'm just a bit lost in my head now school is over for the time being
Good afternoon, Vnlr !!!
**Eat promptly all the pralines before anyone can notice**
You surely had a lot of stuff to do !!! :)
Glad to read you're doing fine...
Do you keep on studying next year ?... already know where you'll be ?...
CarrionCrow: All right, guess the coffee's not working. Will have to sleep instead.

Have a good day, everyone. =)
See you soon, Crow !... have a good rest :)
Post edited July 07, 2015 by LaPtiteBete
NoNewTaleToTell: < enormous message >
Good afternoon, N2T3 !! :)
LaPtiteBete: Hum... :-| ... fascinating. I never thought about breathing as a "nice plan", but, well. Drinking water could be a nice plan, for someone who has spent some tough time in a random desert for example :D
... So, you've got a big ass... interesting !! n__n
Yes! That's it! My new plan = drink plenty of water today. I do live where about 5 random deserts meet, after all +__+
Luckily we have been getting rain everyday lately...
Yeah... My ass is huge... Want to see it? >:-p
ElTerprise: Hello everyone *big hugs and waves*

How are you all doing?
Good afternoon, ElT !! :)
**Big happy hug**
Doing good here, what about you ??
LaPtiteBete: Good afternoon, ElT !! :)
**Big happy hug**
Doing good here, what about you ??
Glad to hear that. Doing good as well bit exhausted though after cycling to and back from university :)
AgentBirdnest: Yes! That's it! My new plan = drink plenty of water today. I do live where about 5 random deserts meet, after all +__+
Don't drink too much water at once, ok ? It can be very dangerous.
Eeeer ... no, thanks. I don't want people think (again) I'm a pervert owl. :-)
ElTerprise: Glad to hear that. Doing good as well bit exhausted though after cycling to and back from university :)
You're telling me !! :)
It's not the better weather for cycling... are you still training for your holiday trip ?
AgentBirdnest: Yes! That's it! My new plan = drink plenty of water today. I do live where about 5 random deserts meet, after all +__+
LaPtiteBete: Don't drink too much water at once, ok ? It can be very dangerous.
ElTerprise: Glad to hear that. Doing good as well bit exhausted though after cycling to and back from university :)
LaPtiteBete: You're telling me !! :)
It's not the better weather for cycling... are you still training for your holiday trip ?
Time to hug Owl.
LaPtiteBete: Don't drink too much water at once, ok ? It can be very dangerous.
Alright, I'll be careful, mom :-)
Suit yourself, but I think my ass is quite a handsome Agent, just like myself...
Post edited July 07, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
LaPtiteBete: You're telling me !! :)
Not only - i really like cycling and it's better using the warm trains....although i underestimated today's temperatures though ;)
l0rdtr3k: Time to hug Owl.
**Big squishy hug**
How are you, little blob ?? :))
AgentBirdnest: Alright, I'll be careful, mom :-)
Suit yourself, but I think my ass is quite a handsome Agent, just like myself...
It's not huge...
ElTerprise: Not only - i really like cycling and it's better using the warm trains....although i underestimated today's temperatures though ;)
Yep... being stuck in a overcrowded train with overwhelming temperatures doesn't souond funny :) good point...
l0rdtr3k: Time to hug Owl.
LaPtiteBete: **Big squishy hug**
How are you, little blob ?? :))
AgentBirdnest: Alright, I'll be careful, mom :-)
LaPtiteBete: It's not huge...
ElTerprise: Not only - i really like cycling and it's better using the warm trains....although i underestimated today's temperatures though ;)
LaPtiteBete: Yep... being stuck in a overcrowded train with overwhelming temperatures doesn't souond funny :) good point...
I'm cold,ankle still hurts but I has waifu by my side today.