It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: Well, when it popped up, I tried to shut it down as quickly as possible. It didn't want to let me close the tab, so I went in and shut it down through the task manager. Certainly didn't click on anything, since I knew it was bullshit from the jump.
j0ekerr: Ah, so it was indeed a browser worm?

Then if you killed the browser before clicking anything, you're golden.
That's good to know. Kinda figured as much, since every site I checked after the fact said that either Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro would detect it and they both came up clean when I ran them.
Went with a reformat anyway since I'd also read that some variants can go dormant for a few days.
Would have felt intensely stupid if I sat around and it came back on me.
CarrionCrow: That's not a bad thing. By the time I was done, I'd started wearing a wrist brace. -laughs-
Yes had a similar experience with a playthrough of Crusader KIngs II ;)
I played that without listening to my body (i.e. taking breaks etc...) which was a huge mistake....
Post edited July 05, 2015 by ElTerprise
Went to store A, they were out of coffee filters.
Store B, also out of coffee filters.
Store C, had lots of coffee filters.
So I bought the wrong kind and came home. :/
Hmm..we finally have a thunderstorm - well sort of....

EndreWhiteMane: Went to store A, they were out of coffee filters.
Oh that sucks...(but atleast you can go to a store on a sunday....)
ElTerprise: Hmm..we finally have a thunderstorm - well sort of....

ElTerprise: Oh that sucks...(but atleast you can go to a store on a sunday....)
Yay for rain, at least maybe it'll cool things down a little bit.
Grocery stores have been open on Sunday for about 45 years, the rest opened up about 30 years ago.
Sunday is a busy day there, I prefer Monday, it's much less crowded.
HOWEVER, you still can't buy a car on Sunday, no idea why. :-)

ElTerprise: Oh that sucks...(but atleast you can go to a store on a sunday....)
Which is not good.
Well, this could go two ways.

1. You go back to the store with filters and trade them out.

2. You say screw it and use what you bought anyway, just to spite the whole process. ;)
EndreWhiteMane: Yay for rain, at least maybe it'll cool things down a little bit.
Grocery stores have been open on Sunday for about 45 years, the rest opened up about 30 years ago.
It actually did now....but it now stopped fro the moment :(.....shouldn't have posted about it ;)
Well none of those are open on sundays here...except for some stores in railway stations...

GreenDamsel: Which is not good.
I'd disagree. Allowing sunday shopping atleast for a few hours and restricted to grocery stores would be nice imho...
EndreWhiteMane: Yay for rain, at least maybe it'll cool things down a little bit.
ElTerprise: It actually did now....but it now stopped fro the moment :(.....shouldn't have posted about it ;)
Well none of those are open on sundays here...except for some stores in railway stations...

ElTerprise: I'd disagree. Allowing sunday shopping atleast for a few hours and restricted to grocery stores would be nice imho...
A universally free day for everyone so people can meet families and spend time together is favourable in my opinion.

Oh that sucks...(but atleast you can go to a store on a sunday....)
I agree that Sunday should be for church and family. However for people that don't go to church, like me, and people without family nearby, also like me, Sunday gets to be boring beyond tolerating.
At least I can go look at garden plants, or clothes or whatever if I get my chores done and am bored.
Sundays with family are sadly dying anyway, with or without stores. :/
EndreWhiteMane: I agree that Sunday should be for church and family. However for people that don't go to church, like me, and people without family nearby, also like me, Sunday gets to be boring beyond tolerating.
At least I can go look at garden plants, or clothes or whatever if I get my chores done and am bored.
It's not just about family or church (I'm not christian anyway). But there are enough studies to prove that it increase moral for work and quality of life when you have a day off once a week. And that everyone has the same day off just helps so that people can meet up.
GreenDamsel: A universally free day for everyone so people can meet families and spend time together is favourable in my opinion.
Okay that's a good point - but a free day for everyone is imho unfortunately not realisable...(at least currently)
Any time you're forcing people to spend time together by taking all other options away, you're not exactly promoting a good thing. When people are forced, it loses any meaning.
Seems appropriate:

"Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking roll!"
CarrionCrow: Well, this could go two ways.

1. You go back to the store with filters and trade them out.

2. You say screw it and use what you bought anyway, just to spite the whole process. ;)
At this point I'm going with #2, at least till I have to go to the store for something else.\
For 99 cents I refuse to go admit how stupid I can be. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: I agree that Sunday should be for church and family. However for people that don't go to church, like me, and people without family nearby, also like me, Sunday gets to be boring beyond tolerating.
GreenDamsel: It's not just about family or church (I'm not christian anyway). But there are enough studies to prove that it increase moral for work and quality of life when you have a day off once a week. And that everyone has the same day off just helps so that people can meet up.
In regard to the employees of those stores I can see your point quite clearly and I agree.
Unfortunately this is 'Murica, and there is money to be made on Sunday. Oh well. ;/
tinyE: Seems appropriate:

"Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking roll!"
Don't call me Donny, I hate that! :)
Post edited July 06, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane