It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On March 31st we are going to discontinue the Fair Price Package program. Let us explain the reasoning behind this decision.

We came up with Fair Price Package (FPP) as a way to make up the price difference between various countries. Some games on GOG.COM have regional pricing, meaning the price of the same game in one place can be higher compared to its price in North America. In countries where the game is more expensive, we give users the equivalent of the price difference in GOG Wallet funds. In actual numbers, on average, we give users back 12% of the game price from our own pocket. In some cases, this number can reach as high as 37%.

In the past, we were able to cover these extra costs from our cut and still turn a small profit. Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. With an increasing share paid to developers, our cut gets smaller. However, we look at it, at the end of the day we are a store and need to make sure we sell games without a loss.

Removing FPP is not a decision we make lightly, but by making this change, we will be able to offer better conditions to game creators, which — in turn — will allow us to offer you more curated classic games and new releases. All DRM-free.

We wanted to make sure you have some lead time to still benefit from the Fair Price Package. The program will last until the 31st of March, 2019, so if you would like to take advantage of it, now is the time. The funds you gather from the program will keep the 12 months expiration date from the moment you’ve been granted your last funds.
high rated
First of all, thank you for your support. This was not an easy decision to discontinue the FPP program and we're grateful to you for understanding the reasons behind it. We see that quite a few of you raised concerns about GOG's future. As a part of publicly traded company, we can't comment on any financial results until they are officially reported, but we want to ensure you everything is good with GOG. Being part of a big gaming company, some reports - especially some given by significant media outlets - can often sound much scarier than reality.

You've been also concerned about your access to the games you’ve purchased on GOG. We've covered this topic years ago and it's been in our User Agreement for a long time (please check the section 17.3). This is not only a legal obligation to you but a core part of our ethics as a company.

But don’t worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.

EDIT: pinned
Post edited February 26, 2019 by elcook
satoru:
Cavalary: Supporting regional pricing and supporting the local currency are entirely different things. GOG supports 47 regions for pricing, but 13 currencies (admittedly, Euro covers... 4.5 pricing regions, the .5 because non-Euro Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia are lumped with Eurozone Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia and Slovenia... of course, as of a certain point all the Eurozone plus those 3 non-Euro EU countries PLUS non-EU Serbia and Montenegro get the same price).
I wish the API for looking up pricing wasnt so kinda mind numbing because its really hard to actually look up and compare pricing with tehway the json gives back the information.
Post edited March 03, 2019 by satoru
skirtish: [snip] others are looking to gouge you for money because they believe or know it's them dictating the terms.
Yes. Like CD Project Red. Aka GOG.

And my money being spent is still support, no matter how you look at it.
CelineSSauve: And my money being spent is still support, no matter how you look at it.
My point is less that you're not supporting anyone but more that you shouldn't think of it in these terms. They don't view it as you doing them favors and they do not feel indebted to you for it.
CelineSSauve: And my money being spent is still support, no matter how you look at it.
skirtish: My point is less that you're not supporting anyone but more that you shouldn't think of it in these terms. They don't view it as you doing them favors and they do not feel indebted to you for it.
Everything isn't about reciprocity. If you want something to exist because it existing is a good thing, then you help it exist. It doesn't need to be aware of it.

The quest for gratitude is a poison. No one would cater for any tree or stray cat if it was the rule, or show any anonymous solidarity to anyone. Ah wait. That's indeed the current trend. Never mind.

Beh. Sleepy rant about a notion marginal to this discussion, actually.
Post edited March 03, 2019 by Telika
HypersomniacLive: They haven't, TheEnigmaticT proved irreplaceable.
I miss Trevor, Sadly.
Bigs: #FuckEGS
Please Explain?
Post edited March 03, 2019 by fr33kSh0w2012
Bigs: #FuckEGS
fr33kSh0w2012: Please Explain?
EasyGameStation, the developers of Recettear and Chantelise.

Or maybe it's Epic Game Store. I dunno, the lack of context makes it confusing.
fr33kSh0w2012: Please Explain?
SirPrimalform: EasyGameStation, the developers of Recettear and Chantelise.

Or maybe it's Epic Game Store. I dunno, the lack of context makes it confusing.
Probably Epic's Piss Flap... I mean Game Store.

AGH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I bet there is/was a massive uptick in sales after this post. Hopefully it continues for a good while.
Post edited March 03, 2019 by Kelefane
What GOG needs to do is give it's user base a Cyberpunk 2077 Demo or even better use US to iron out the bugs in their game Kinda like an exclusive ALPHA/BETA testing I mean we all got talent right?

We can give them suggestions on what works and what HURTS the game to make it the best game they can make, Eh!

We could send them BUG reports to help them optimize the game!
high rated
fr33kSh0w2012: What GOG needs to do is give it's user base a Cyberpunk 2077 Demo
I don't want to ruin your fun but many of us are here choosed Gog for the OLD releases not for the shiny new stuff . Also many of us can't afford hardvare upgrades so we still using old PC builds .
fr33kSh0w2012: What GOG needs to do is give it's user base a Cyberpunk 2077 Demo
Purely on the subject of a CP2077 demo, I like the idea of CDPR making a demo for CP2077 and (imo) having the demo be exclusive to GOG. Great way to drive some traffic to GOG. (Obviously it'll be put on torrent sites and downloaded for those who don't want to make a GOG account, but it'll still get some new folks here.)
i_hope_you_rot: I don't want to ruin your fun but many of us are here choosed Gog for the OLD releases not for the shiny new stuff . Also many of us can't afford hardvare upgrades so we still using old PC builds .
yeah I know, but I'm sure the game will have a Shit ton of graphical options, so anyone with a 486 and an PCI s3 virge could run it.

I mean look at the RAY TRACING in this demo https://youtu.be/Ujfl3fwb2aE?t=378 makes games of today look real unoptimised by comparison and THIS is on an S3 virge 325 FFS!
Being fair and supporting the game creators was the only reason I bought games on GOG. If the conditions aren't fair anymore, tell me, why should I?
Meh , no biggie thanks for heads up ... can't really understand why so many peeps are getting their panties in a twist about it.

31st is also my Birthday, so at least there is something happening ! :-)
Post edited March 03, 2019 by summitus
summitus: Meh , no biggie thanks for heads up ... can't really understand why so many peeps are getting their panties in a twist about it.

31st is also my Birthday, so at least there is something happening ! :-)
Well it's kind of odd when I have to pay more than you for a game and not knowing really why 'cause nobody explains how this regional pricing works.