It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On March 31st we are going to discontinue the Fair Price Package program. Let us explain the reasoning behind this decision.

We came up with Fair Price Package (FPP) as a way to make up the price difference between various countries. Some games on GOG.COM have regional pricing, meaning the price of the same game in one place can be higher compared to its price in North America. In countries where the game is more expensive, we give users the equivalent of the price difference in GOG Wallet funds. In actual numbers, on average, we give users back 12% of the game price from our own pocket. In some cases, this number can reach as high as 37%.

In the past, we were able to cover these extra costs from our cut and still turn a small profit. Unfortunately, this is not the case anymore. With an increasing share paid to developers, our cut gets smaller. However, we look at it, at the end of the day we are a store and need to make sure we sell games without a loss.

Removing FPP is not a decision we make lightly, but by making this change, we will be able to offer better conditions to game creators, which — in turn — will allow us to offer you more curated classic games and new releases. All DRM-free.

We wanted to make sure you have some lead time to still benefit from the Fair Price Package. The program will last until the 31st of March, 2019, so if you would like to take advantage of it, now is the time. The funds you gather from the program will keep the 12 months expiration date from the moment you’ve been granted your last funds.
high rated
First of all, thank you for your support. This was not an easy decision to discontinue the FPP program and we're grateful to you for understanding the reasons behind it. We see that quite a few of you raised concerns about GOG's future. As a part of publicly traded company, we can't comment on any financial results until they are officially reported, but we want to ensure you everything is good with GOG. Being part of a big gaming company, some reports - especially some given by significant media outlets - can often sound much scarier than reality.

You've been also concerned about your access to the games you’ve purchased on GOG. We've covered this topic years ago and it's been in our User Agreement for a long time (please check the section 17.3). This is not only a legal obligation to you but a core part of our ethics as a company.

But don’t worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.

EDIT: pinned
Post edited February 26, 2019 by elcook
Am I missing something or many users understood OP as end of regional pricing? Though it's only end of FPP i.e. end of cashback for expensive regions?
PixelBoy: I understand most and agree with many of your points, but I don't understand the problem with installers. Would care to tell about the problems you have had? For me, GOG installers have always worked like a charm.
sure, there have been a few issues with a few select installers. tomb raider 1-6~, pixeljunk shooter (one version back), unreal gold etc, don't cleanly install. they leave traces in the add/remove section. also, trine 1 has a main installer & a patch. this hasn't been combined since i got the game. witcher 3 (which is cdpr/gog own) had messy traces while this was supported. so much so that it affected the content of the actual game. gog support said cdpr was to fix it and cdpr said gog was to fix it. :)
So, for us affected, do you know a shop without regional pricing?
Cavalary: They did say, back when they still had the one world one price policy, that they had basically zero sales to Russia.
Russians are quite clear in this behavior, either offer them the games at that low price and still get something or they'll "pirate" them and you get nothing. I say good for them, the rest of us should learn from it (or relearn, in some cases).
You steal? Jail. They charge too much for a "remastered" version? Also jail.
Post edited February 28, 2019 by WinterSnowfall
elcook: First of all, thank you for your support. This was not an easy decision to discontinue the FPP program and we're grateful to you for understanding the reasons behind it. We see that quite a few of you raised concerns about GOG's future. As a part of publicly traded company, we can't comment on any financial results until they are officially reported, but we want to ensure you everything is good with GOG. Being part of a big gaming company, some reports - especially some given by significant media outlets - can often sound much scarier than reality.

You've been also concerned about your access to the games you’ve purchased on GOG. We've covered this topic years ago and it's been in our User Agreement for a long time (please check the section 17.3). This is not only a legal obligation to you but a core part of our ethics as a company.

But don’t worry, all is good, and we have a great plan for the future of GOG. We can’t wait for you to see some of the exciting things we have coming very soon.

EDIT: pinned
Thanks for posting this. I really appreciate the response from a "blue" a.k.a. GOG team member. I think this should quiet some fears and hopefully expose that Kotaku article as irresponsible fear-mongering.
Nightblair: So, for us affected, do you know a shop without regional pricing?
I think itch.io doesn't have regional pricing.

Edit: Yep.

GoG - YIIK: A Postmodern RPG - 20€ - 2.30 Wallet Funds (FPP) until March 31st

itch.io - YIIK: A Postmodern RPG - $20

Steam - YIIK: A Postmodern RPG - 20€ - No wallet funds
Post edited February 28, 2019 by RyaReisender
low rated
what TF!? how bout you finally (after 5 years) get your shit together and start to not flushing money down the toilet instead of going on with all the BS you've pulled???

how bout no regional blocks, games that work, no profile BS or discontinue that horrible crappy galaxy client abomination you spend money on?

or keep going on and get bankrupt!!

just a reminder of some BS you've pulled so far and pissed off your own customer base:

Galaxy
Regional pricing
Pre order dlc
Indev
Drip feed games
Online only games
Online almost all required games
Games with steam install
Delayed patches
Non existant updates
Abandoned games
Lack of communication
Forum broken
Pressurise galaxy at every moment
Lack of privacy
Still no fix classic downloads
Galaxy only multiplayer
Crap sales over and over again giving 0.01% discount on a game which is already vastly overpriced
Higher prices against competitors
Missing Linux versions
Lack of dev interest in platform
Terrible communication
Insistence on social integration
Connect
Failed movies
Copying all industry drivel like many different versions of a product
Selling manuals separately
Endless broken posts
Giveaways only on social media
Shovelware, by the truckload. New slogan should be, you shovel it, we will sell it.
Can we not follow epic store BS and return FPP and just make devs pay more. Devs now a days are too entitled and care nothing of the consumer IE DLC, early access hell, DRM, never wanting sales on a digital product, never dropping base prices of games 10+ years old that are digital.

God i hate that gog as to compete with a chinese under cutter like epic hell steam isnt as bad as epic is, ORIGIN isnt as bad as epic EA is somehow MORE consumer friendly than Epic can we just think about that.
snintendog: ORIGIN isnt as bad as epic EA is somehow MORE consumer friendly than Epic can we just think about that.
I don't know about that. I had to pay $30 for American McGee's Alice:Returns complete in order to get the original Alice in digital form. Alice Returns is 10 years old, and the original game is nearly 20. You could ONLY get it on Origin and the ONLY place that I could find to purchase the code for the complete edition was on GAMESTOP.COM !

I really wanted the games but felt pretty dirty after having to get them that way. :D
RyaReisender: I think itch.io doesn't have regional pricing.
Wow, I thought they have it. And DRM-free as well. I would be stupid to spend money here then.

EDIT: and they have Linux client (not that I care about clients, but nice to know that they care about Linux users.
Post edited February 28, 2019 by Nightblair
TARFU: I think this should quiet some fears and hopefully expose that Kotaku article as irresponsible fear-mongering.
People still read and trust Kotaku?
apehater: what TF!? how bout you finally (after 5 years) get your shit together and start to not flushing money down the toilet instead of going on with all the BS you've pulled???

how bout no regional blocks, games that work, no profile BS or discontinue that horrible crappy galaxy client abomination you spend money on?

or keep going on and get bankrupt!!

just a reminder of some BS you've pulled so far and pissed off your own customer base:

Galaxy
Regional pricing
Pre order dlc
Indev
Drip feed games
Online only games
Online almost all required games
Games with steam install
Delayed patches
Non existant updates
Abandoned games
Lack of communication
Forum broken
Pressurise galaxy at every moment
Lack of privacy
Still no fix classic downloads
Galaxy only multiplayer
Crap sales over and over again giving 0.01% discount on a game which is already vastly overpriced
Higher prices against competitors
Missing Linux versions
Lack of dev interest in platform
Terrible communication
Insistence on social integration
Connect
Failed movies
Copying all industry drivel like many different versions of a product
Selling manuals separately
Endless broken posts
Giveaways only on social media
Shovelware, by the truckload. New slogan should be, you shovel it, we will sell it.
A couple of the things you mention are things people were legitimately upset about. At least 95% of what you mention is total BS or stuff that no one should reasonably care about.

For example... who in there right mind has an issue with Connect? Cause getting free games is a problem? I've also never seen them charge separately for a manual. About the only thing you have on your list that is a problem that GoG instigated themselves was the regional pricing and lack of communication. Everything else you're complaining about is either an imagined problem or squarely rests on the responsibility of the developers.
TARFU: I think this should quiet some fears and hopefully expose that Kotaku article as irresponsible fear-mongering.
A-Dazz: People still read and trust Kotaku?
Some people really need a K-pop song of the day.... I assume anyways.
Post edited February 28, 2019 by firstpastthepost
firstpastthepost: I've also never seen them charge separately for a manual.
He's probably talking about this game.

But you don't only pay for the instruction booklet, but mostly for the soundtrack. I agree that the booklet should have been a goodie for the base game though.

But still most of his post is bullshit.
firstpastthepost: A couple of the things you mention are things people were legitimately upset about. At least 95% of what you mention is total BS or stuff that no one should reasonably care about.
apehater apparently went of the rails a few years back and is now basically a troll and/or batshit insane and obsessed with nursing a grudge against GOG. :P Some of his points are important - missing patches is imo key - but basically the only thing he does now is complain so for his posts I unfortunately throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Post edited February 28, 2019 by tfishell
Nightblair: So, for us affected, do you know a shop without regional pricing?
Zoom too, I think.

As for itch, they don't have it YET, but see this recent post: "Regional pricing? This will come as a separate update, but something we want to address by giving developers the option to set prices by currency/region." GAH!
immi101:
Oh, that's nice.
truhlik: Am I missing something or many users understood OP as end of regional pricing? Though it's only end of FPP i.e. end of cashback for expensive regions?
Yeah, keep being surprised by those posts. Then again, people don't read, so... IF ONLY it'd mean the end of regional pricing, what a day that would be, the return of GOG's second pillar instead of it completely turning to dust after having crumbled 5 years ago.
Post edited February 28, 2019 by Cavalary