It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A story of love, war and betrayal on an intergalatic scale – The Dawning Clocks of Time® Remake is coming soon on GOG!

Written by novelist Jake Stephen Jackson and featuring an epic soundtrack and full voice acting, The Dawning Clocks of Time® Remake is the sci-fi noir game of the year from Spacefarer Games R&D, an epic third person shooter with both sandbox and linear story progression. Take up arms and battle for the ages, who will decide the fate for all of humanity – and now, remade in HD / 4K with cinematic presentation.

Wishlist it now!
Maybe I missed the logic train....So you can compress 25GB down to 9GB...and, then patches are 9GB there after.....because why?

Are you talking about the the entire game as an offline installer being set at 4GB blocks? Because that is a completely different thing than stating all future updates must be around 9GB....for, some random reason. After the unpacking of the game, how would it make any sense at all to require a 9GB file just to update something.

Oh wait did you work for Microsoft or Apple?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If the game ends up being 25 GB instead of 9 GB due to weaker compression I'm really less likely to buy it. Just saying…
Shmacky-McNuts: Maybe I missed the logic train....So you can compress 25GB down to 9GB...and, then patches are 9GB there after.....because why?

Are you talking about the the entire game as an offline installer being set at 4GB blocks? Because that is a completely different thing than stating all future updates must be around 9GB....for, some random reason. After the unpacking of the game, how would it make any sense at all to require a 9GB file just to update something.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hypothetically, it depends on how many changes are made in that patch, typically with a highly compressed archive even a small modification made to that binary can result in a much higher patch, as apposed to a lighter compressed archive. We have been working with the compression though and we are pretty confident that at day 1 release the game will weigh in at around 10-15GB instead of 25GB. Once we are happy with the change and it doesn't effect performance in any way, we will update the system requirements on the product page prior the release.
Shmacky-McNuts: Maybe I missed the logic train....So you can compress 25GB down to 9GB...and, then patches are 9GB there after.....because why?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
spacefarergames: Hypothetically, it depends on how many changes are made in that patch, typically with a highly compressed archive even a small modification made to that binary can result in a much higher patch, as apposed to a lighter compressed archive. We have been working with the compression though and we are pretty confident that at day 1 release the game will weigh in at around 10-15GB instead of 25GB. Once we are happy with the change and it doesn't effect performance in any way, we will update the system requirements on the product page prior the release.
Not trolling you by asking, why not just use that standard archival compression with a simple unpack and over write? If using Galaxy is streaming small updates....it seems pretty off the the mark for huge patches to be used for simple overwrites. It sounds like entire sections of the game being replaced or redownloaded for no explained reason why.

As in why would a patch replace so much of the base game at all to require 9GB patches? I figure if the product is that poorly managed....thats a red flag chief.

Game seems neat though. Rez games are a few I may actually play on consoles.
spacefarergames: Hypothetically, it depends on how many changes are made in that patch, typically with a highly compressed archive even a small modification made to that binary can result in a much higher patch, as apposed to a lighter compressed archive. We have been working with the compression though and we are pretty confident that at day 1 release the game will weigh in at around 10-15GB instead of 25GB. Once we are happy with the change and it doesn't effect performance in any way, we will update the system requirements on the product page prior the release.
Shmacky-McNuts: Not trolling you by asking, why not just use that standard archival compression with a simple unpack and over write? If using Galaxy is streaming small updates....it seems pretty off the the mark for huge patches to be used for simple overwrites. It sounds like entire sections of the game being replaced or redownloaded for no explained reason why.

As in why would a patch replace so much of the base game at all to require 9GB patches? I figure if the product is that poorly managed....thats a red flag chief.

Game seems neat though. Rez games are a few I may actually play on consoles.
Not trolling at all, it's a genuine question that I'm happy to answer.
So the game before we made the change to compression packs the files into lightly compressed seperate archives, but we've made changes that packs it into one highly compressed archive. and upon testing patch changes the difference is small in size. Sorry for any confusion caused. We will change the system requirements to reflect the new size.
Lone_Scout: I thought the original was going to be some very obscure old game, but it seems it's quite recent, from 2021. Being turn based, now it piqued my interest. Would it be possible to have it available on GOG as well? (Or include it as a goodie with the remake, but maybe I am asking for too much... XD )
spacefarergames: We can certainly bundle the original game with the Remake on GOG, we will look into doing that.
No you are not asking for too much, we always want to provide the best customer experiences and we do consider all comments and requests.
I would love to see both the Original and Remake both here on GOG.

That would be even better, to have the Original bundled w/ the purchase of the Remake.
Post edited June 15, 2024 by MysterD
Humor everyone, if a bundle is on the table. Keep them separate. Especially for offline variant. This is to cut size for people that just want the new version. While making the customers happy if they want one or both.
high rated
Shmacky-McNuts: Humor everyone, if a bundle is on the table. Keep them separate. Especially for offline variant. This is to cut size for people that just want the new version. While making the customers happy if they want one or both.
We will explore the best ways of offering choice to customers with GOG.

Regarding size of the game, it's now at 10GB which is much more accessible than before.
Attachments:
high rated
A teaser of one of the areas in the game, Blue Moon, which we have just been revamping, graphics wise!
We can't wait for the release in September!
Attachments:
I've been looking at the difference between this and the original and I have to say that is quite a make over.
pferreira1983: I've been looking at the difference between this and the original and I have to say that is quite a make over.
It's definitely not what I expected after I looked at the original release date!
spacefarergames: Regarding size of the game, it's now at 10GB which is much more accessible than before.
Nice
Post edited June 16, 2024 by mk47at
MysterD: I would love to see both the Original and Remake both here on GOG.

That would be even better, to have the Original bundled w/ the purchase of the Remake.
I would like to support this request, because it is interesting, to experience the evolution.
high rated
MysterD: I would love to see both the Original and Remake both here on GOG.

Mori_Yuki: I would like to support this request, because it is interesting, to experience the evolution.
I have reached out to GOG so hopefully it can be bundled. Since the game now only takes up 10GB as a base of space, the original game is 3GB making a total of 13GB bundle for the two games.
Mori_Yuki: I would like to support this request, because it is interesting, to experience the evolution.
spacefarergames: I have reached out to GOG so hopefully it can be bundled. Since the game now only takes up 10GB as a base of space, the original game is 3GB making a total of 13GB bundle for the two games.
Does GOG assign you a fixed total storage quota for hosting your game(s) on this store? If so, you would now have plenty of space. ;-)
spacefarergames: I have reached out to GOG so hopefully it can be bundled. Since the game now only takes up 10GB as a base of space, the original game is 3GB making a total of 13GB bundle for the two games.
Mori_Yuki: Does GOG assign you a fixed total storage quota for hosting your game(s) on this store? If so, you would now have plenty of space. ;-)
I can't confirm any specifics due to NDA.