It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A story of love, war and betrayal on an intergalatic scale – The Dawning Clocks of Time® Remake is coming soon on GOG!

Written by novelist Jake Stephen Jackson and featuring an epic soundtrack and full voice acting, The Dawning Clocks of Time® Remake is the sci-fi noir game of the year from Spacefarer Games R&D, an epic third person shooter with both sandbox and linear story progression. Take up arms and battle for the ages, who will decide the fate for all of humanity – and now, remade in HD / 4K with cinematic presentation.

Wishlist it now!
That trailer didnt do much for me -but the game reminds me of In Cold Blood a bit so will wait and see how it is on release.
Why does this hazy-looking game require a Broadband Internet connection?
high rated
Bigus Dikus: Why does this hazy-looking game require a Broadband Internet connection?
Hi there,
To clarify, we recommend a broadband internet connection for download only, as it weighs in at 25GB, which is quite a large download.
The game is single player and does not require a connection to the internet to play, and is DRM-Free.
high rated
spacefarergames: Hi there,
To clarify, we recommend a broadband internet connection for download only, as it weighs in at 25GB, which is quite a large download.
The game is single player and does not require a connection to the internet to play, and is DRM-Free.
You should ask GOG for a Developer account.
That way, your posts appear in orange, that makes them stick out, and easy to recognize as developer posts.
I thought the original was going to be some very obscure old game, but it seems it's quite recent, from 2021. Being turn based, now it piqued my interest. Would it be possible to have it available on GOG as well? (Or include it as a goodie with the remake, but maybe I am asking for too much... XD )
high rated
Lone_Scout: I thought the original was going to be some very obscure old game, but it seems it's quite recent, from 2021. Being turn based, now it piqued my interest. Would it be possible to have it available on GOG as well? (Or include it as a goodie with the remake, but maybe I am asking for too much... XD )
We can certainly bundle the original game with the Remake on GOG, we will look into doing that.
No you are not asking for too much, we always want to provide the best customer experiences and we do consider all comments and requests.
spacefarergames: To clarify, we recommend a broadband internet connection for download only, as it weighs in at 25GB, which is quite a large download.
24/30GB for this? What, exactly, is in this installer that explains such a large size? Could you share your secret to bloating file sizes out of any proportion and at the same time achieving such a result as can be seen in the screenshots?
high rated
spacefarergames: To clarify, we recommend a broadband internet connection for download only, as it weighs in at 25GB, which is quite a large download.
Mori_Yuki: 24/30GB for this? What, exactly, is in this installer that explains such a large size? Could you share your secret to bloating file sizes out of any proportion and at the same time achieving such a result as can be seen in the screenshots?
The game is very large in scope, in which you travel to other star systems, planets, a whole galaxy and star ships. The screenshots do not show the entirety of the game. There is voice acting, huge areas and highly detailed textures and models. This all takes up space, and we've optimised the game as much as possible to keep patch sizes low. The game could actually be compressed down to 9GB instead but this would require a much bigger patch size each time the game is updated, pretty much requiring at least 9GB patch with changes on top as apposed to a 500MB-1GB patch.
Mori_Yuki: 24/30GB for this? What, exactly, is in this installer that explains such a large size? Could you share your secret to bloating file sizes out of any proportion and at the same time achieving such a result as can be seen in the screenshots?
spacefarergames: The game is very large in scope, in which you travel to other star systems, planets, a whole galaxy and star ships. The screenshots do not show the entirety of the game. There is voice acting, huge areas and highly detailed textures and models. This all takes up space, and we've optimised the game as much as possible to keep patch sizes low. The game could actually be compressed down to 9GB instead but this would require a much bigger patch size each time the game is updated, pretty much requiring at least 9GB patch with changes on top as apposed to a 500MB-1GB patch.
Thanks for your reply! :) I fail to understand your last sentence. Are you talking about reserved free space to apply patches, assuming you were to compress it down to a size of roughly 9GB?
high rated
spacefarergames: The game is very large in scope, in which you travel to other star systems, planets, a whole galaxy and star ships. The screenshots do not show the entirety of the game. There is voice acting, huge areas and highly detailed textures and models. This all takes up space, and we've optimised the game as much as possible to keep patch sizes low. The game could actually be compressed down to 9GB instead but this would require a much bigger patch size each time the game is updated, pretty much requiring at least 9GB patch with changes on top as apposed to a 500MB-1GB patch.
Mori_Yuki: Thanks for your reply! :) I fail to understand your last sentence. Are you talking about reserved free space to apply patches, assuming you were to compress it down to a size of roughly 9GB?
You are welcome. It would mean essentially redownloading the 'changed' compressed archive of 9GB which could reduce or change in size depending on the changes. With uncompressed data, GOG and GOG Galaxy can much more efficiently change the files depending on what's changed, making a much smaller or even a negatable patch size in comparison to download a huge changed 'archive.'
Mori_Yuki: Thanks for your reply! :) I fail to understand your last sentence. Are you talking about reserved free space to apply patches, assuming you were to compress it down to a size of roughly 9GB?
spacefarergames: You are welcome. It would mean essentially redownloading the 'changed' compressed archive of 9GB which could reduce or change in size depending on the changes. With uncompressed data, GOG and GOG Galaxy can much more efficiently change the files depending on what's changed, making a much smaller or even a negatable patch size in comparison to download a huge changed 'archive.'
I'm utmost sorry, even though your explanation is clear as crystal, I seem to be having one of those days where I just can't seem to grasp things. From the user's perspective, it might seem insignificant, especially considering that patches can be missed depending on how often updates are released and older revisions are removed. This is similar to the full downloader, where customers like myself, who prefer to use the website library, are inevitably getting in a situation where there is no other way around than downloading the entire package. With consistently good download speeds, neither option presents an issue in my case. However, downloading three chunks of 2 x 4 GB plus 1 GB is better palatable than 24 GB plus drive space. Solely discussing installer- and subsequent patch sizes, even with a higher compression ratio, maybe downsizing textures to 2042x2042, which feels more than sufficient, would also do something to drive it in the lower regions, size-wise. ;-)
high rated
spacefarergames: You are welcome. It would mean essentially redownloading the 'changed' compressed archive of 9GB which could reduce or change in size depending on the changes. With uncompressed data, GOG and GOG Galaxy can much more efficiently change the files depending on what's changed, making a much smaller or even a negatable patch size in comparison to download a huge changed 'archive.'
Mori_Yuki: I'm utmost sorry, even though your explanation is clear as crystal, I seem to be having one of those days where I just can't seem to grasp things. From the user's perspective, it might seem insignificant, especially considering that patches can be missed depending on how often updates are released and older revisions are removed. This is similar to the full downloader, where customers like myself, who prefer to use the website library, are inevitably getting in a situation where there is no other way around than downloading the entire package. With consistently good download speeds, neither option presents an issue in my case. However, downloading three chunks of 2 x 4 GB plus 1 GB is better palatable than 24 GB plus drive space. Solely discussing installer- and subsequent patch sizes, even with a higher compression ratio, maybe downsizing textures to 2042x2042, which feels more than sufficient, would also do something to drive it in the lower regions, size-wise. ;-)
We still have some time before release, so we will see how the optimization process goes with content delivery and will find the happy medium between the two.
An action adventure slash RPG in space? Sold.
But I must say that the character animation, especially the gun shooting, looks pretty stiff and dated. Like good old Alone in the Dark (1992) or Resident Evil (1996), not like a remake of a 2021(!) game... I hope there's still time to improve on that.
high rated
g2222: An action adventure slash RPG in space? Sold.
But I must say that the character animation, especially the gun shooting, looks pretty stiff and dated. Like good old Alone in the Dark (1992) or Resident Evil (1996), not like a remake of a 2021(!) game... I hope there's still time to improve on that.
On our Kickstarter we did reference that Resident Evil and Alone in the Dark inspired us with the style of the game, but we are more than open to improve character fluidity, the game is releasing in September and we are busy at hand making optimisations and iprovements as you do before GA. We will see what tweaks we can make in this regard.