It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Two vampiric action TPP titles - BloodRayne game and BloodRayne 2 - will receive an updated, enhanced versions soon thanks to publisher Ziggurat Interactive. Note that all the owners of the classic versions of the first BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 will receive the updates to the Terminal Cut editions for free after their release!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the Privacy and settings section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Post edited November 03, 2020 by emter_pl
idbeholdME: Doing it once immediately solved it for me.
Thanks! It worked in my case.
aaaaaand now Bloodrayne 1 is there. I'll get around to playing it... eventually!
idbeholdME: Unlucky. I doubt that the old mods will be compatible since everything in the remakes has been upscaled. We can only hope somebody updates the mods for the new version.
paladin181: The game is specifically moddable to be able to replace the graphics with the uncompressed original textures, according to the game page. So I think a texture replacement may be pretty easy overall. I'll try my hand at it once the games release.
I tried it and can confirm that the "uncut" mod is still working. Unfortunately the German language mod is not working anymore for me (although it is one of the few cases in which I did not use it because I disliked the translation ... but others who don't speak English might still want to use it).
MarkoH01: I tried it and can confirm that the "uncut" mod is still working.
Great, thanks for trying it. Haven't got to it yet myself. Do the replacement textures look normal in the world? Since everything else has been upscaled, is it visibly blurry or worse quality compared to the rest?
Post edited November 21, 2020 by idbeholdME
probably asked already, but... do these versions include copies of original games? (since they disappeared from store)
MarkoH01: I tried it and can confirm that the "uncut" mod is still working.
idbeholdME: Great, thanks for trying it. Haven't got to it yet myself. Do the replacement textures look normal in the world? Since everything else has been upscaled, is it visibly blurry or worse quality compared to the rest?
I don't see that much difference in the textures compared to the original (at least in part 1). The textures do feel a bit sharper but the differemce is not gigantic. But see for yourself (attachment):
Gekko_Dekko: probably asked already, but... do these versions include copies of original games? (since they disappeared from store)
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_terminal_cuts_of_bloodrayne_and_bloodrayne_2_ef6a5/post106
Attachments:
Post edited November 21, 2020 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I don't see that much difference in the textures compared to the original (at least in part 1). The textures do feel a bit sharper but the differemce is not gigantic. But see for yourself (attachment):
Thanks. Which mod did you use? I assume the 'brintegraluncut" mod. Or something else?
I know people mostly don't care anymore nowadays, but can the Terminal Cut versions run on a 32 bits system ?
MarkoH01: I don't see that much difference in the textures compared to the original (at least in part 1). The textures do feel a bit sharper but the differemce is not gigantic. But see for yourself (attachment):
idbeholdME: Thanks. Which mod did you use? I assume the 'brintegraluncut" mod. Or something else?
I can't ecen tell you. It's a simple "uncut.pod" file I archived. If you need it simply tell me :)

MaxFulvus: I know people mostly don't care anymore nowadays, but can the Terminal Cut versions run on a 32 bits system ?
I have just tested it in a virtual machine with windows XP. I got some graphical error since my virtual machine is not able to use my GTX1060 the way it is supposed to but the game launched without giving out any error messages.
Post edited November 21, 2020 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I can't ecen tell you. It's a simple "uncut.pod" file I archived. If you need it simply tell me :)
Is it roughly 12,5 MB in size? If so, then I have that one too. I downloaded a compilation of mods, tools, skins etc. from a Steam thread and it has 2 uncut mods in it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=664604969
MarkoH01: I can't ecen tell you. It's a simple "uncut.pod" file I archived. If you need it simply tell me :)
idbeholdME: Is it roughly 12,5 MB in size? If so, then I have that one too. I downloaded a compilation of mods, tools, skins etc. from a Steam thread and it has 2 uncut mods in it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=664604969
Mine is just 7 MB big.
MarkoH01: Mine is just 7 MB big.
Hmm, in the compilation linked on the Steam thread, there are 2 which are 12 MB and 9 MB in size respectively. Someone said in the Steam discussion that one is of higher quality than the other. I am currently trying to find the best looking one. I assume that just going based on the size of the pod file (since it's just textures) would be enough, but I am not quite sure....
MarkoH01: Mine is just 7 MB big.
idbeholdME: Hmm, in the compilation linked on the Steam thread, there are 2 which are 12 MB and 9 MB in size respectively. Someone said in the Steam discussion that one is of higher quality than the other. I am currently trying to find the best looking one. I assume that just going based on the size of the pod file (since it's just textures) would be enough, but I am not quite sure....
Simply try it and if you want to test mine yourself, you know where to find me :)
MarkoH01: I have just tested it in a virtual machine with windows XP. I got some graphical error since my virtual machine is not able to use my GTX1060 the way it is supposed to but the game launched without giving out any error messages.
Good, I don't have the time right know to test it myself, but I will for sure.
An other question : I remember that when I played Bloodrayne 2 with the FSAA patch, there was some added effects, like reflections of Rayne in the bloodbath on the ground. But when I watch some longplay videos of the Terminal Cut on Youtube, I don't see such effects ! Is it means that this "modern" version isn't as good as an amateur mod ?
MarkoH01: I have just tested it in a virtual machine with windows XP. I got some graphical error since my virtual machine is not able to use my GTX1060 the way it is supposed to but the game launched without giving out any error messages.
MaxFulvus: Good, I don't have the time right know to test it myself, but I will for sure.
An other question : I remember that when I played Bloodrayne 2 with the FSAA patch, there was some added effects, like reflections of Rayne in the bloodbath on the ground. But when I watch some longplay videos of the Terminal Cut on Youtube, I don't see such effects ! Is it means that this "modern" version isn't as good as an amateur mod ?
Well, many amateur mods are better than official extensions. That is something that can happen. However since the uncut mod is still working with the TC versions the one you mentioned might as well. I can't test this myself though since I never actually played the second part.