It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Two vampiric action TPP titles - BloodRayne game and BloodRayne 2 - will receive an updated, enhanced versions soon thanks to publisher Ziggurat Interactive. Note that all the owners of the classic versions of the first BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 will receive the updates to the Terminal Cut editions for free after their release!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the Privacy and settings section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Post edited November 03, 2020 by emter_pl
Arundir: I am really not a fan of bundling the original version of a game with a remastered version. The original version should still be available for me as a customer.

Especially as there are people who might want to play the original version, but do not want to put up 20 bucks and have to buy the remastered version in which they are not interested.
People have had YEARS to buy the original version. Everything isn't for sale in perpetuity. If it's a big deal, buy the original now while it's still for sale.
On this regard, I have not bought Braid yet, and I am now undecided, should I buy it next time it's on sale before it's walled behind a more expensive remake? What would you do, considered I can spend very little on games. Given that it even goes on sale before the remake is out, of course.
Daedolon: Will the originals be removed as usual?
Ive seen you around for years, had no idea you were a Dev and for Ion Maiden errr I mean Ion Fury at that... best damn build game I ever played!

SmollestLight: I am sorry for the confusion I caused. D=

After the release, BloodRayne don't be available anymore, but will be a goodie / extra for the Terminal Cut version.

For those who own the game already, it will become a separate entries; BloodRayne Legacy + BloodRayne Terminal Cut.
This is fantastic news, really nice of to do this for the fans, been a huge BloodRayne fan since I was a kid. Cant wait to play them again!
Dogmaus: On this regard, I have not bought Braid yet, and I am now undecided, should I buy it next time it's on sale before it's walled behind a more expensive remake? What would you do, considered I can spend very little on games. Given that it even goes on sale before the remake is out, of course.
If you don't have enough money to spend on videogames, I wouldn't really recommend Braid. It's not all that long and doesn't have much in the way of replayability. Discounted, its price can range from about 4-6 bucks and during the Black Friday/Winter sales, you could find other longer-lasting games for less money.

Still, it'd be a better idea for you to give the game a go before you make a decision. There is a demo on Steam as well as other sites, such as Indie DB:
https://www.indiedb.com/games/braid/downloads/braid-demo

If you liked the demo enough to spend 4-6 bucks on the full game, there will likely be a discount during the Black Friday/Winter sale, giving you enough time to purchase the game before the release of the Anniversary Edition (Early 2021).
Was not as much of a fan of BR2, but both were enjoyable.

I have yet to try the side scroller one, but hopefully this means new blood for the series.
Waldschatten: Getting sick of seing Fallout 1 & 2 + Tactics keep popping up telling me I don't own them...
A "I already own this"-feature would be useful here, also for people who own games Elsweyr and the usual "game + upgrade" != "upgraded game edition" problem on GOG. And GOG wouldn't even have to dedicate people to connect those version differences, people could mark those game-editions themselves as owned.
Grargar: If you don't have enough money to spend on videogames, I wouldn't really recommend Braid. It's not all that long and doesn't have much in the way of replayability.
I prefer shorter games. And I'd rather get it before it double its price because they add a tree in the background. I'll try the demo but I'm quite sure I'd like it. Thanks!
ShadowWulfe: Was not as much of a fan of BR2, but both were enjoyable.

I have yet to try the side scroller one, but hopefully this means new blood for the series.
It's a bit frustrating and the story generic but I didn't mind that. It doesn't feel that polished though.
Post edited November 06, 2020 by Dogmaus
Waldschatten: Getting sick of seing Fallout 1 & 2 + Tactics keep popping up telling me I don't own them...
I had the same issue, it was so irritating but I patiently waited for 75% discount. And hey, it's Zenimax's fault, other publishers after the change of rights let us keep our purchased games as is. Or maybe it has something to do with Fallout Bible and other goodies which were not endorsed / authorized by them.

Paradox on the other hand, they are okay with you buying their game several times in a row, I've checked it with Torment: Tides of Numenera. Next stop is Pillars of Eternity... meh, well maybe not this year.
Seconded on the achievements for the GOG version of Ion Fury. Bethesda was able to add them for some fairly old games like F:NV without trouble.

I will have to do a brief refresher of 1-2 at some point prior to finally going through Betrayal. Pumped for new attention to the series.
ShadowWulfe: Seconded on the achievements for the GOG version of Ion Fury. Bethesda was able to add them for some fairly old games like F:NV without trouble.

I will have to do a brief refresher of 1-2 at some point prior to finally going through Betrayal. Pumped for new attention to the series.
Games should honestly have their own in-game section of Awards/Trophies/Achievements, whether tied to a service or not; even for an offline mode if you say bought a retail-game with NO DRM and NO service tied to it.

Then, it'd be up to them (dev's and/or pub's) on how to take that data and implement that so it also then it uploads it to your account for Steam, GOG, or whatever service that you have the game tied to when you're actually online on your account for whatever service you're on.
MysterD:
Sure, Spiderweb games have that, and it works great.

Does not change the fact that the GOG version of Ion Fury is lacking in features that other versions have for whatever reason.
NewPyk: What about rollback function? Doesn't it work in this case?
AHF1349: I have never heard of this rollback function. How does it work?
After you have a game installed in Galaxy you can use the "configure" option to rollback to an earlier version and after chosing the game will be downgraded. This way you can easily test different versions of the game which imo is a really useful feature since sometimes you might dislike an update or how devs decided to change a certain feature. It's a pity that this is exclusive for Galaxy users - I'd love to use this in the case of offline installers as well. If you shoul dneed specific instructions on how to use rollback, feel free top contact me :)

MysterD:
ShadowWulfe: Sure, Spiderweb games have that, and it works great.

Does not change the fact that the GOG version of Ion Fury is lacking in features that other versions have for whatever reason.
Unfortunately those ingame achievements also have a downside. Those who dislike achievements won't be able to turn them off - and so far I did not experience a game with switchable achievements (which imo would be ideal).
Post edited November 06, 2020 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01:
A simple tick-mark that for some reason would be considered a wild and novel concept in the gaming industry!
NewPyk: What about rollback function? Doesn't it work in this case?
AHF1349: I have never heard of this rollback function. How does it work?
It'a a function of Gog Galaxy which let you install previous versions of games e.g. before latest patch. You must have auto-updates set to off in global setting and then in config menu of a game you can choose which version to install. Not all games supports rollback.
Post edited November 06, 2020 by NewPyk
MarkoH01: ....... I'd love to use this in the case of offline installers as well.
GOG really should provide access to an archive for each game you own, as surely they retain the files themselves.

This is especially needed due to the poor update system that doesn't always advise you of an update, and if you break the chain of versions your patch files become useless. Talking non Galaxy variants of course, if some missed that.