It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Two vampiric action TPP titles - BloodRayne game and BloodRayne 2 - will receive an updated, enhanced versions soon thanks to publisher Ziggurat Interactive. Note that all the owners of the classic versions of the first BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 will receive the updates to the Terminal Cut editions for free after their release!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the Privacy and settings section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Post edited November 03, 2020 by emter_pl
MarkoH01: Imo this is not a good idea. [..]
(yeah and also it will be annoying to manage the originals via gogrepo, since they won't be classified as games anymore but just extras)
amigos4000: Language, only english ?

STEAM version are multiplanguage
Maybe the GOG page is just inaccurate. THey don't even list controller support.
Arundir: Especially as there are people who might want to play the original version, but do not want to put up 20 bucks and have to buy the remastered version in which they are not interested.
Clearly that's not an option. How would publishers make money on remasters then?
the originals... wasnt one of them crap and the other quite good?
amigos4000: Language, only english ?

STEAM version are multiplanguage
Dogmaus: Maybe the GOG page is just inaccurate. THey don't even list controller support.
They do.

"Support for modern gamepads (XInput)"

https://i.imgur.com/VhJ1FXE.png
Post edited November 05, 2020 by M3troid
I cannot really share the euphoria about this announcement. The current Bloodrayne games are working well, even under Linux. And the listed enhancements do not look like they are worth a remake. Upscaled videos? Improved effects, meaning more flashy games? No, thanks!

Companies rather should focus on making new, innovative games and leave good old games alone. Increasing the price and removing the original versions from sale just looks like another cash grab. At least the original games still will be available as extras and the upgrade is free for current owners. Like other people above I also would prefer when the original versions would keep their own game entries and would not be added as extras only.

And please GOG, do something to keep the original game cards accessible, at least for the owners of the games!
Post edited November 05, 2020 by eiii
M3troid: They do.

"Support for modern gamepads (XInput)"

https://i.imgur.com/VhJ1FXE.png
There is no gamepad symbol there. It only says "cloud saves, overlay, single player". So I think in the same way they didn't bother to add all languages. Let's see.

Anyways, just the day before this announcement I was thinking of replaying them. I'm not the biggest fan of the series but it's ok for its times. And getting them for free it's ok, otherwise I'd be happy with the old versions. I'd be more interested in a new platformer like Betrayal. Oh, they don't show controller support even for Betrayal, I guess they just don't care and the store page info is meaningless.
Post edited November 05, 2020 by Dogmaus
eiii: The current Bloodrayne games are working well, even under Linux. And the listed enhancements do not look like they are worth a remake. Upscaled videos? Improved effects, meaning more flashy games? No, thanks!
Depends on what you mean by working well. The first game is perfectly playable but unless you lock the framerate at 30, the sound and especially the voices and ambient sounds keep cutting out pretty regularly due to the game being unable to handle unlocked framerate. Voice lines cut too short, scripted sounds not playing, that kind of stuff. If they fix that, that alone would be worth it. But the fact that they don't mention anything framerate related in the changes worries me that it might be left unfixed.

I played Bloodrayne 2 too and it worked fine but I played the CD version, not GOG, so can't tell how whether that works completely without issues.
Post edited November 05, 2020 by idbeholdME
idbeholdME: The first game is perfectly playable but unless you lock the framerate at 30, ...
Does it have to be a 30 fps cap or would it also work with 60 or 144?
idbeholdME: The first game is perfectly playable but unless you lock the framerate at 30, ...
Berzerk2002: Does it have to be a 30 fps cap or would it also work with 60 or 144?
IIRC, anything above was causing sound issues. I had to make some edits in config files. It is a pretty commom problem it seems. I think I found the solution on the Steam forums.....

Yes. This was the thread I think. The 3rd post is what I had to do. It lowered the framerate to 30 (or maybe even lower) and introduced a slight input delay but it fixed the sound issues.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/3810/discussions/0/846939071459233552/

People keep saying in that thread that the GOG version works without problems but I played the GOG version, on Windows XP at that, and still had the sound issues unless I made the change in RENDER.INI
Post edited November 05, 2020 by idbeholdME
SmollestLight: Your current versions will be updated and the old ones will be added as a goodie / extra in your library under the new versions.

BloodRayne will become BloodRayne Terminal Cut. Same happens with the second game.
Actually I would've preferred the solution with different library entries. But you can't please everyone :D
MarkoH01: Imo this is not a good idea. [..]
phaolo: (yeah and also it will be annoying to manage the originals via gogrepo, since they won't be classified as games anymore but just extras)
Given the fact that Steam also shows audio for several languages (instead of subs I might add) I'd say that THEY might be incorrect here. Do such dubs even exist? I honestly don't know here.

eiii: I cannot really share the euphoria about this announcement. The current Bloodrayne games are working well, even under Linux. And the listed enhancements do not look like they are worth a remake. Upscaled videos? Improved effects, meaning more flashy games? No, thanks!
You did not have problems when trying to play this game with a gamepad? Imo this is the biggest reason why this "remake" is really a good idea, since the game obviously was designed with a gamepad in mind.
Post edited November 05, 2020 by MarkoH01
high rated
I am sorry for the confusion I caused. D=

After the release, BloodRayne don't be available anymore, but will be a goodie / extra for the Terminal Cut version.

For those who own the game already, it will become a separate entries; BloodRayne Legacy + BloodRayne Terminal Cut.
SmollestLight: Your current versions will be updated and the old ones will be added as a goodie / extra in your library under the new versions.

BloodRayne will become BloodRayne Terminal Cut. Same happens with the second game.
blotunga: Actually I would've preferred the solution with different library entries. But you can't please everyone :D
I just hope that happens for games that are coming AFTER the update as well, like Skyrim, that new edition is absolute garbage with the Bethesda Account integration and the mess they made of everything by linking so heavily to it.

Now if only we could mark things we own that were re-released by someone else later on off the list...

Getting sick of seing Fallout 1 & 2 + Tactics keep popping up telling me I don't own them...
AHF1349: They did this with SiN Gold. Version 1.11 (latest official from Ritual Entertainment) was replaced with version 1.13 (reworked by Nightdive).
NewPyk: What about rollback function? Doesn't it work in this case?
I have never heard of this rollback function. How does it work?