It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Do you sometimes have this feeling of “I could have done it better” while watching the streets of your hometown? Well, now you actually can. Smart City Plan from Ambiera is coming soon on GOG.COM. It’s a modern city builder game, that enables you to plan zones, roads, public transport, as well as policies and taxes. All for your citizens’ benefit.
"Turn your city gree"

"Also, launch space rockets"
Waldschatten: So, and actual successor to SimCity?
It's actually Cities Skylines. But I gotta say I got bored of it pretty quickly, and all those DLCs, phew.
Post edited January 27, 2020 by Zoidberg
Waldschatten: So, and actual successor to SimCity?
That already exists, it's called Cities Skylines and it needs to a GoG release.
tfishell: You mean people's anger or all that DLC in the catalog and game libraries?
Nah, I was talking more about the rage that is to be expected in the release thread, if the 26 available DLCs aren't already included into the main game, at release.
You know - as has happened in so many other release threads of games with a lot of DLCs.
This looks a lot like how I'd imagine an HD remake of Sim City 2000. I like it. :D
Falci: This looks a lot like how I'd imagine an HD remake of Sim City 2000. I like it. :D
If you want a "true" Sim City 2000 remake, TheoTown exists and its really awesome (if you're into city planning and pixel-art).

Its not super professional like a Maxis game but its really quite close.
Falci: This looks a lot like how I'd imagine an HD remake of Sim City 2000. I like it. :D
Dray2k: If you want a "true" Sim City 2000 remake, TheoTown exists and its really awesome (if you're into city planning and pixel-art).
It's also on Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.flowersoft.theotown.theotown
Post edited January 28, 2020 by BreOl72
Dray2k: If you want a "true" Sim City 2000 remake, TheoTown exists and its really awesome (if you're into city planning and pixel-art).

Its not super professional like a Maxis game but its really quite close.
Wow! Thanks for the recommendation. I'll keep an eye on it. :D
BreOl72: It's also on Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.flowersoft.theotown.theotown
In-app purchases from $0.99 to $104.99.... The screenshots look good, but I'm always wary of games that have large in-app purchases. I don't mind having a demo or trial game and then paying $5 or whatever to unlock it, but $104.99? Makes me nervous
Celton88: In-app purchases from $0.99 to $104.99.... The screenshots look good, but I'm always wary of games that have large in-app purchases. I don't mind having a demo or trial game and then paying $5 or whatever to unlock it, but $104.99? Makes me nervous
Pocket City is the one I played, not quite up to SimCity levels, but it's a one-time full purchase and there's even an ad-supported "free" option for people who don't see those things as a plague upon society.
Celton88: In-app purchases from $0.99 to $104.99.... The screenshots look good, but I'm always wary of games that have large in-app purchases. I don't mind having a demo or trial game and then paying $5 or whatever to unlock it, but $104.99? Makes me nervous
Yet, you don't have to buy anything.
I only linked to the Android version, because it gives Falci the opportunity to try out the game, without spending €5,70 (the price on Steam).
See it as kind of a demo.
I was hoping it would get here. I like city builders and this looks promising.
(Also I like the graphics of this one better than those of Cities: Skylines.)

IronArcturus: Can one design the rail system in Smart City Plan?
According to the trailer you can plonk down public transportation stations and streets/rails. No real telling of variety (or lack therof) though.
Post edited January 28, 2020 by FlockeSchnee
FlockeSchnee: According to the trailer you can plonk down public transportation stations and streets/rails. No real telling of variety (or lack therof) though.
Do you know which engine is used for the game?
IronArcturus: Do you know which engine is used for the game?
I'm not really knowledgeable about tech-things. But if you mean like build with/in e.g. Unity, I think I remember, that I read somewhere, that the developer used the one he coded/build himself (and used in his two previous games already).
Wait a minute ..............
Ah, there "It will be a modern city builder game, with a sophisticated simulation engine beneath (borrowed and extended from Government Simulator and Business Magnate, of course)."
From here https://www.ambieragames.com/blog.html

Edit: Fixed spelling.
Post edited January 28, 2020 by FlockeSchnee
FlockeSchnee: Ah, there "It will be a modern city builder game, with a sophisticated simulation engine beneath (borrowed and extended from Government Simulator and Business Magnate, of course)."
From here https://www.ambieragames.com/blog.html
Thanks for the info!
IronArcturus: Thanks for the info!
You're welcome. :-)