It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Prepare for a deep action-RPG that will test your sanity and resilience in a shattered world. Mortal Shell is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM! Remember, your adversaries will spare no mercy, with survival demanding superior awareness, precision, and instincts from you. Possess lost warriors, track down hidden sanctums, and face swarms of formidable foes.
Yes. Yes. Waiting. Come soon.
It's great to know that it'll certainly be released on GOG!
"Coming Soon" meaning a year after the release date!
bluethief: "Coming Soon" meaning a year after the release date!
Yeah, it can mean in one day or in ten years ;)
Soon, as in "around this time, next year" (will release as epic exclusive last I looked).

I played the demo, and it's harsh. I couldn't get the parry timing right, no matter what I tried. I'll still most likely give the full version a try, when the time comes.
wildapple-2020: Yeah, it can mean in one day or in ten years ;)
(Hopefully) not ten years in this specific case. On the game's page it says "Coming to GOG in 2021". To be honest though, by now I've so gotten used to games being released later than on Steam or Epic, that it doesn't really bother me anymore. Yes, delayed releases in a certain store suck, and exclusivity deals as we've seen with Epic store suck even more. But hey, at the time the games arrive here, they're usually patched and extended with DLC so we get the most complete and stable version to play. I like that... and usually there's enough to play until they get here anyway. It's not like there was a lack of playworthy material :D
NANI?!
low rated
Why do you allow something like this but banned the game Agony ......

Don't get me wrong, I think both are crap, but there doesn't seem to be any discernable logic behind your decision.
wildapple-2020: Yeah, it can mean in one day or in ten years ;)
Dillerkind: (Hopefully) not ten years in this specific case. On the game's page it says "Coming to GOG in 2021". To be honest though, by now I've so gotten used to games being released later than on Steam or Epic, that it doesn't really bother me anymore. Yes, delayed releases in a certain store suck, and exclusivity deals as we've seen with Epic store suck even more. But hey, at the time the games arrive here, they're usually patched and extended with DLC so we get the most complete and stable version to play. I like that... and usually there's enough to play until they get here anyway. It's not like there was a lack of playworthy material :D
Yeah but in this case I believe it would release at the same time here and on Steam if not for Epic exclusivity.

Funny, when this game got announced and a Steam page went up I thought that Epic would try to take exclusivity on it because souls-like games usually sell well on PC, and Epic would want to have a game of that genre on their store. Fast forward a few month a there it is: an Epic exclusive.
Awesome!
I was never a fan of this kind of grimdark fantasy, and as I get older I find myself even less fond of super-dark settings. If I'm to sink hours and hours of my time into something, I'd much rather it be something colorful and nice to look at, like Ghost of a Tale or Divinity. I'm not saying I'm only playing cartoonish kids games, but even something like the Witcher, dark as it can get, is still also predominantly a beautiful world to explore. This... i feel tired and morose just looking at it.
Post edited July 14, 2020 by Breja
YES Thanks GOG!
GOG.com: Prepare for a deep action-RPG that will test your sanity and resilience in a shattered world. Mortal Shell is coming soon DRM-free on GOG.COM! Remember, your adversaries will spare no mercy, with survival demanding superior awareness, precision, and instincts from you. Possess lost warriors, track down hidden sanctums, and face swarms of formidable foes.
Looks interesting. Haven't heard of it until now but looking forwarwd to more about it in the future :)
If the souls vib holds I'll certainly grab a GOG copy.
That does happen a lot. But in this case the 2021 date mentioned here is the same as the one given at that other place.
So it doesn't seem to be an issue in this particular instance :)
Post edited July 14, 2020 by RoseLegion
Honestly i'm kinda sick of seeing RPG at the end of everything nowadays, this is simply an action game and no putting in a few elements of a genre does not make it an RPG.

Just call it for what it is and let this be the last time you devs and stores use rpg for everything.