It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grow dynasties of medieval families and see them evolve and interact as you build their homes, in this pixel art city-building simulation. Lords and Villeins is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Looks fun. The graphic style/gameplay reminds me of the Cult Leader game on Steam.
Is Villein a special kind of villain or something ?
Typo: The Game.

EDIT:
Nevermind, it was explained below. Ignore my failed attempt at a low effort joke. Carry on :P
Post edited September 15, 2021 by idbeholdME
ChrisG_: Is Villein a special kind of villain or something ?
It's another word for a serf, an unfree peasant in feudal times.
No, villeins were feudal tenants serving priors, abbots, lords etc.
Ah i see thanks, i'm pretty terrible at history and not often have a heard the word "villein" used, I knew it wasn't a typo because i have yet to see a game launch with a typo in the title but it sounded weird.
Post edited September 15, 2021 by ChrisG_
As one might guess, villain and villein are etymologically identical; they simply developed different meanings over time.
Huh. Looks like someone took Odd Realm and uplifted it a bit.
The devs mentioned possible Mac and Linux support after release, so I'll keep an eye out for that.
Another announcement (this one EXCITING!) I missed because of GOG's awful front page, with the news not only at the bottom, but only alble to show 3 things at a time in a carousel. (Carousels like that are ALWAYS bad design. Flatten it and just show extra rows!)

Game looks great, I'll definitely be checking it out. I read it as "medieval Rimworld but larger since you have a lot more people at once".
Post edited September 16, 2021 by mqstout
idbeholdME: Typo: The Game.

EDIT:
Nevermind, it was explained below. Ignore my failed attempt at a low effort joke. Carry on :P
I'm sure you wanted to talk about this.
Now that looks like a bit of me... Wish listed... :)
Breja: It's another word for a serf, an unfree peasant in feudal times.
What? Not a typo? And here I was hoping for a game full of theifs and rouges...
I wish there were more egalitarian builders like Banished. Still, it looks interesting, I might have to give it a try. Particularly promising is the trailer that actually shows gameplay, always a good sign when that happens. The last one like this I tried had too limited terrain so that would be my main question about this one (looks like it is likely to have more expansive terrain).