It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Award-winning adventure game returns in the new version, featuring an extended story with more puzzles to solve and new areas to explore. Kathy Rain: Director's Cut is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Will the owners of the OG have a discount or something?
high rated
Kathy Rain was a real surprise for me, a fantastic adventure in the veins of Gabriel Knight but with very much unique charme and a great protagonist. I really enjoyed the storyline and the characters and while many seem to have been disappointed by its ending I liked that too. A well rounded, very satisfiying experience. There is no question I'll get this Director's Cut too.
high rated
Director's Cut for this game is nice. But a second Kathy Rain game would be much better. Hope there will be one in the future.
I have read elsewhere that owners of the original game will be offered a discount on the Director's Cut, so hopefully we can go ahead and assume that GOG will be offering this too.
high rated
Not sure if i'm going to buy the DC version right away (it has to be a *really* good discount to convince me), but Kathy Rain is a great point & click adventure anyway. I'll agree with PaterAlf though; i would buy another Kathy Rain game instantly, as long as it retains the same presentation (old school 2D pixel art etc).
I wasn't sure about getting the DC, but after reading this
GOG.com: Five brand new motorcycle designs to unlock and customize the Katmobile with.
I was instantly convinced to spend 20 bucks on it *lol*
Smoking hasn't been edgy since lung cancer btw...
XYCat: Will the owners of the OG have a discount or something?
From the FAQ above:
Q: I own the original Kathy Rain, will I get a discount on the Director’s Cut?
A: First of all, thank you! There will indeed be a discount on the Director’s Cut for any owners of the original game. Specifics will be announced closer to release.
PaterAlf: Director's Cut for this game is nice. But a second Kathy Rain game would be much better. Hope there will be one in the future.
Agreed, but I'll take what I can get these days.
high rated
Zoidberg: Smoking hasn't been edgy since lung cancer btw...
Oh noes! Smoking! In a game! I mean, killing people by the dozens with every weapon known to man and some we made up just for games is great, but smoking? Time to draw a line!

Still ,we probably should take care of satanist D&D games first.
Post edited March 12, 2021 by Breja
low rated
Breja: Oh noes! Smoking! In a game! I mean, killing people by the dozens with every weapon known to man and some we made up just for games is great, but smoking? Time to draw a line!
I agree with the Zoidberg. Games should not be making smoking seem "glamorous" and/or "cool" or anything like that.

Killing people is not a behavior that players are going to emulate in real-life.

On the other hand, smoking is one that they would in some cases. Hence, game makers should not be promoting that by glorifying such disgusting & unhealthy smoking behavior in their games.
Post edited March 12, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
high rated
Breja: Oh noes! Smoking! In a game! I mean, killing people by the dozens with every weapon known to man and some we made up just for games is great, but smoking? Time to draw a line!
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I agree with the Zoidberg. Games should not be making smoking seem "glamorous" and/or "cool" or anything like that.

Killing people is not a behavior that players are going to emulate in real-life.

On the other hand, smoking is one that they would in some cases. Hence, game makers should not be promoting that by glorifying such disgusting & unhealthy smoking behavior in their games.
Yeah, it's always rightous and for people's own good when it's about how games shouldn't depict something you don't like. Of course then there's another guy with a different idea of what games shouldn't depict, and how we should all think of the children and all that. And the idea of leaving the authors creative freedom? Screw that, we're the Moral High Guardians!

Games shouldn't depict smoking.
Games shouldn't depict drugs.
Games shouldn't depict drinking.
Games shouldn't depict sex.
Games shouldn't depict blasphemy.
Games shouldn't depict crime.
Games shouldn't depict racism.
Games shouldn't depict homosexuals.
Games shouldn't depict violence,
Games shouldn't depict witchcraft.
Games shouldn't depict ducks.
Games shouldn't depict people demanding games don't depict things they don't like.

The world would really be a better place if people weren't so concerned about other people's wellbeing.
Post edited March 12, 2021 by Breja
XYCat: Will the owners of the OG have a discount or something?
Yes, not aure what percentage yet but it was confirmed by the developers! And It would be a totally separated game, so, if you preffer the original version you can download it too!
Set in the 90's... This means that even flannel shirts might appear. Beware!

The Dream of the 90's is alive in Kathy Rain.

Luv that... Earmarked, I mean, wishlisted!