It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for a hardcore fantasy action-adventure where you hack and slash through a gory quest to save the world from the forces of Chaos. Blade of Darkness is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Welcome back. Good that I bought this game long ago.
Nice
Good to see it back, although I have bought it the first time around ;)
Post edited September 14, 2021 by Tarhiel
Finally... Severance has come back.

The_Rock.gif
Grargar: If it's not free for original owners, I'm looking forward to the resulting Fallout-style confusion.
Grargar: Welp, the ID is different.

"But I already have Blade of Darkness, GOG! Why is it not shown as owned?"
"No, you see GOGer, you have Severance: Blade of Darkness. This is Blade of Darkness. Totally different games!"
Yeah, that's annoying.
After a few years of re-releases that delist the originals, we won't know which games we own anymore +_+
This is one of the best games of all time. I hope people check it out.
Ah, so it’s a beamdog. Slap a widescreen mod on it and watch cash flow in.
DoomSooth: Do you guys work for free?
Do you pay for patches & fixes ?

Secondly as some others already mentionned this :

The game was delisted : great if the game is back

on GOG , its title was Severance : Blade of Darkness / uhhh on Steam the "new" version has actually the same name as the old one : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1710170/Severance_Blade_of_Darkness/

So either it's intentional, either it's not. (from GOG)

I have a license for Severance : Blade of Darkness, why should i pay a second time ? (er third time, i should have the CD version laying somewhere)

This is not a remaster, it's just adding new resolutions & fixing issues (maybe new engine is used ?). There's a moment the marketing exagerate , and it's the case according to the original post : it's not mentionned the game is coming back, no a single mention about this : only at the top down of the game card....

So it's not a remaster but a re-release :/ (even this term is not really appropriate)

And btw there's already a hack to play on widescreen :
https://www.wsgf.org/dr/severance-blade-darkness/en
Post edited September 15, 2021 by DyNaer
I'm glad to see this game released again on gog, one of the best Spanish games ever made, along with Commandos.
I liked this game. Glad to see it's back. I'll wait to see what happens at release before I get too excited, since I have it already.
Alright, I'm getting mixed signals here. Blade of Darkness looks like a very 2001 game, so can anyone quantify the appeals/unappealing into a collated list?
Darvond: Alright, I'm getting mixed signals here. Blade of Darkness looks like a very 2001 game, so can anyone quantify the appeals/unappealing into a collated list?
What is wrong with old games and of that time period? Anyway:

1 Unparalelled Gore

Hack and slashfest at its finest. Cut limbs, blood spurt, visible wounds on enemy and player body.

2 Variety and Creativity

Lots of weapons. Enemy limbs and environment items, like bones skulls stools, all qualify.

3 Unique and Pioneering graphics

Real time lighting effects had been a novelty, back then. And there are other ones.

4 Challenging Difficulty

Feel the struggle. Master physics. Sidestep, dodge, block, parry, execute combos, receive hits in the guts, make mincemeat out of enemies in a flurry of consecutive hits.

5 Satisfying, immersive gameplay

Feel the hits, enjoy the satisfying sound effects, unleash powerful combos, utilize enchanted weapons with special moves, make your enemies have a quarrel, lead them straight into a rolling boulder or make them fall into pits while trying to follow you.

6 Adventuring

Riddles, exploration, hidden items and all that jazz.

7 Replayability

You are going to want to try all classes and weapons. I knew i did.
Steamisbetter: What is wrong with old games and of that time period?
You'd be surprised how many games from that era have aged poorly or how modernity has rendered them as complete clunkfests. You ever try to play Sonic Adventure recently?
I vaguely remember some judder problems, as well as problems launching the game at some point (it was in 2013, so my memory is fuzzy). I hope us owners of the previous version can get the new version for free.
MischiefMaker: How many times has GOG added then lost this game from their library already?
too many, I'm just glad its back. Think GOG was still using an older installer back then when this was removed. Good to see it back. Did not manage to finish the game back in the day. Thx GOG.