It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for a hardcore fantasy action-adventure where you hack and slash through a gory quest to save the world from the forces of Chaos. Blade of Darkness is coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Ghildrean: Any news regarding if previous owners get it for free or get some discount?
what discount? should be free for "original" owners or its a scam lol
high rated
KainXVIII: what discount? should be free for "original" owners or its a scam lol
I am willing to pay small sum, 5-10€, for a new version, provided it actually runs well on modern hardware. Effort should be awarded.
If it's not free for original owners, I'm looking forward to the resulting Fallout-style confusion.
Hmm, while not actually balanced, original game had (forgettable) multiplayer mode. I see this edition says only singleplayer...
The old game on my shelf doesn't point to the new game page, so they'll be separate games.

Yes, probably like Fallout.

However, the listed file size is exactly the same. Curious.
Post edited September 14, 2021 by yogsloth
MischiefMaker: How many times has GOG added then lost this game from their library already?
Grargar: A single time.
Sure does feel like at least three. xD
will owners of the OG get a discount or something?
XYCat: will owners of the OG get a discount or something?
The owners of the Cd version? :D
high rated
Grargar: If it's not free for original owners, I'm looking forward to the resulting Fallout-style confusion.
Welp, the ID is different.

"But I already have Blade of Darkness, GOG! Why is it not shown as owned?"
"No, you see GOGer, you have Severance: Blade of Darkness. This is Blade of Darkness. Totally different games!"
Would be great if SNEG let GoG throw in the unaltered Legacy version as an extra.
Grargar: If it's not free for original owners, I'm looking forward to the resulting Fallout-style confusion.
Grargar: Welp, the ID is different.

"No, you see GOGer, you have Severance: Blade of Darkness. This is Blade of Darkness. Totally different games!"
Did you know that the original title of the game is different? The game was made by spaniards, and here the title was: Blade: The Edge of Darkness.

I don´t know why. The publisher back then might have thought that the title was too similar to the one´s of the Blade franchise movies.
Lucian_Galca: I certainly hope those who already own the game from the previous gog release get this updated version for free, as I consider this a BADLY needed fix for a game that has performance issues.
Is it updated?

Reading the game's page, it mentions nothing about updates (other than the presumed running on modern systems).
Lucian_Galca: I certainly hope those who already own the game from the previous gog release get this updated version for free, as I consider this a BADLY needed fix for a game that has performance issues.
kai2: Is it updated?

Reading the game's page, it mentions nothing about updates (other than the presumed running on modern systems).
Bloody-disgusting.com's article on the October re-release mentions "widescreen support for up to 4K resolution, as well as new display settings, and overall stability improvements".
Actually I never tried the game, but heard good things about it. I guess it'll be a good occasion to play it. :) The widescreen support is highly anticipated. It's also good that there won't be trouble running the game on modern hardware.
Grargar: Welp, the ID is different.

arrua: Did you know that the original title of the game is different? The game was made by spaniards, and here the title was: Blade: The Edge of Darkness.

I don´t know why. The publisher back then might have thought that the title was too similar to the one´s of the Blade franchise movies.
Actually, the game is known by as many as three names:
"Blade of Darkness" in North America.
"Severance: Blade of Darkness" in Europe (except Spain).
"Blade: The Edge of Darkness" in its native Spain.