It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Explosions, romance, and sports - now on Linux!

While everyone’s enjoying their holiday preparations and gift shopping outings, our Product team was busy getting a bunch of Linux installers for Codemasters games up and running to deliver to your loving gamer arms. The titles we’ve got for Linux are 100% functional on Ubuntu 14.04, as well as Mint 17.

The games you can now enjoy on your penguin-tastic platform of choice are:

Cannon Fodder

A title you may remember from the times of Amiga or Sega Genesis gaming, this game will have you guide your squad through various scenarios and encounters, completing objectives and eliminating foes. Be warned, though - it does get quite challenging at later levels!

Cannon Fodder 2

Played the original? Survived? The Codemasters crew wants to finish you off in the sequel. The soldiers of Cannon Fodder have been kidnapped by a squad of aliens. Can you save a foreign world from invasion? Probably not, but give it a go anyway!

Leisure Suit Larry

With a suit that’s been out of style since before it was made and determination to get all the bodacious babes on the block, this classic is a risque point-and-click adventure that fans of dirty humor will enjoy.

Sensible World of Soccer 96/97

Or football, as we call it on this side of the pond. Take a shot at training or playing for your very own team of world-class sportsmen or local underdogs from almost a decade ago. Pixellated stats, exciting stick-figure plays, and one button that covers all your in-game needs. Need we say more?

Still not enough Linux for you? Check out almost 400 other Linux games available in our DRM-free catalog!
Wishbone: You can forget about any driving game that's been pulled ever returning. It's usually (certainly in the case of Colin McRae) because the publisher's licensing deal with the car manufacturers has expired, and they are not going to renew it.
R8V9F5A2: Yes, this kind of licensing arrangement is too restrictive. Not only does it put an end to future sales it also limits access to these brands.

Some developers have worked around it, for example sim developers Reiza Studios made their own version of F1 cars, which ironically are even more convincing to drive than those in games that actually have the proper F1 license.
F1 Cars? I only see Formula Trucks and stock car games on their site.
Thank you! :) Keep them coming. Happy Holidays! ^_^
HypersomniacLive: *cough* Age of Wonders 3 *cough*
Publisher is not interested.
Glad to see more Linux support!

I wonder if this is a sign that we'll end up seeing some of Codemasters' newer games release here.
Thanks for officially supporting these games on Linux now! It's always good to see more Linux support here. I even more would appreciate it when you would focus your efforts on games with native Linux versions though.

But I somehow must have set my operating system preferences wrong on GOG. I got all the notifications for the El Capitan Mac updates, but I did not get one for these Linux updates. :P
Post edited December 18, 2015 by eiii
I appreciate the support, but these are just DOSBox titles that we were already able to play.

The real news will be when Galaxy is out. If It's been saying "coming soon" for what, almost 2 years? Please focus on what you have promised, rather than what you didn't promise.
Nice work :)
eiii: But I somehow must have set my operating system preferences wrong on GOG. I got all the notifications for the El Capitan Mac updates, but I did not get one for these Linux updates. :P
Same here.
Linux user and getting all Mac updates but none for added Linux versions.
R8V9F5A2: Yes, this kind of licensing arrangement is too restrictive. Not only does it put an end to future sales it also limits access to these brands.

Some developers have worked around it, for example sim developers Reiza Studios made their own version of F1 cars, which ironically are even more convincing to drive than those in games that actually have the proper F1 license.
BoxOfSnoo: F1 Cars? I only see Formula Trucks and stock car games on their site.
Its in one of their game modes in their Stock Car games. Their formula cars. Here's a video. You can get skins and other mods for the game.
Gydion: Publisher is not interested.
I'm well aware of it, hence the coughing.
Yay, thanks GOG, I already have Cannon fodder 1, so it's always nice to have official support, once I will decide to play it.

but yeah, the GOG galaxy is sort of puzzling me, it's like they didn't develop it cross platform since the beginning... which would be total pain for sure, but to port it now, or to recreate it from scratch must be not just total pain, but totally agonizing pain...

It's especially not funny any more, as the web everywhere suggest I should try galaxy. Can't you please at least hide those, if the client has target OS set to linux? It's getting quite annoying over time.
ped7g: Yay, thanks GOG, I already have Cannon fodder 1, so it's always nice to have official support, once I will decide to play it.

but yeah, the GOG galaxy is sort of puzzling me, it's like they didn't develop it cross platform since the beginning... which would be total pain for sure, but to port it now, or to recreate it from scratch must be not just total pain, but totally agonizing pain...

It's especially not funny any more, as the web everywhere suggest I should try galaxy. Can't you please at least hide those, if the client has target OS set to linux? It's getting quite annoying over time.
I wonder if some blue one could respond to this.
Afaik Linux and Mac support was the initial plan of Galaxy anyway, so you did write it with multiplatform in mind from the beginning, I guess?
I've often seen people writing something for Windows and saying "we port it later" and then realizing, that they should have chosen their tools fitting for multiplatform from the start and then aborting the effort.

I'm not interested in Galaxy anyway and really love the standalone installers, so it's not important for me, but this huge Galaxy campaign would be a bit awkward if it's only for one of the three branches here in the end.
Post edited December 18, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Thanks for working on this! Please also continue pushing developers of native games that have Linux versions elsewhere but not on GOG.

HypersomniacLive: *cough* Age of Wonders 3 *cough*
Gydion: Publisher is not interested.
Developer. They are self published. Linux users shouldn't buy the game.
Post edited December 18, 2015 by shmerl
shmerl: Developer. They are self published. Linux users shouldn't buy the game.
True, Dev/Pub.
Klumpen0815: Afaik Linux and Mac support was the initial plan of Galaxy anyway, so you did write it with multiplatform in mind from the beginning, I guess?
I've often seen people writing something for Windows and saying "we port it later" and then realizing, that they should have chosen their tools fitting for multiplatform from the start and then aborting the effort.

I'm not interested in Galaxy anyway and really love the standalone installers, so it's not important for me, but this huge Galaxy campaign would be a bit awkward if it's only for one of the three branches here in the end.
It works fine on Mac, so they're on the right track with their toolkit.