It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

14th December is a day of Home of the Wargamers 2021+ LIVE event that Slitherine Games celebrates on its Twitch channel. It is connected to the reveal of some upcoming strategic titles that will soon arrive on GOG:

Distant Worlds 2
Stargate: Timekeepers
Panzer Corps 2: Pacific
Modern Naval Warfare
Headquarters World War II
Terminator Dark Fate - Defiance
Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector – Necrons
Field of Glory II: Medieval - Storm of Arrowsl

Be sure to visit GOG regularly and stay tuned for more info about upcoming games and DLCs!
Distant Worlds 2!
Awesome! I want all of these! Distant World 2 is number 1 in my wishlist, Starship Troopers a close second.

Slytherine, how about Command:MO, Warplan and so on?

Instabuys.
Yes, Warplan would be welcome too. But I'm so happy to see Modern Naval Warfare that I forgot another desires xD
DarkBattler: Terminator Dark Fate - Defiance made me curious until I saw "Dark Fate" in its title.
If the developers could forget that part and concentrate on the "Terminator" part, this could be a really nice release!
As much as I dislike Dark Fate and the way it trolled the franchise's fan base I actually don't hate the idea of a strategy game set in the Legion Machine War. We know very little about the Machine Wars unless you count side materials like novels, games and comics and from what we seen on screen the anti-Legion Resistance is implied to have more advanced technology and better logistic and support capabilities then any but the most generous showings of the Anti-Skynet Resistance

(There was one timeline in the novels where Judgment Day took place more then a decade after Skynet came online and that one had more advanced human enhancing cybernetic and nanotech then the Dark Fate timeline but its implied that tech was lost on Judgment Day so the Resistance couldn't create more enhanced soldiers or at least had a much more limited ability to do so then the Dark Fate Resistance.
Post edited December 17, 2021 by RogueXanter
DarkBattler: Terminator Dark Fate - Defiance made me curious until I saw "Dark Fate" in its title.
If the developers could forget that part and concentrate on the "Terminator" part, this could be a really nice release!
RogueXanter: As much as I dislike Dark Fate and the way it trolled the franchise's fan base I actually don't hate the idea of a strategy game set in the Legion Machine War. We know very little about the Machine Wars unless you count side materials like novels, games and comics and from what we seen on screen the anti-Legion Resistance is implied to have more advanced technology and better logistic and support capabilities then any but the most generous showings of the Anti-Skynet Resistance

(There was one timeline in the novels where Judgment Day took place more then a decade after Skynet came online and that one had more advanced human enhancing cybernetic and nanotech then the Dark Fate timeline but its implied that tech was lost on Judgment Day so the Resistance couldn't create more enhanced soldiers or at least had a much more limited ability to do so then the Dark Fate Resistance.
It didn't troll the fanbase when the staff of the movie admitted they was going for shall we say'' screw the fanbase '' to not get into politics of what they stated their goal was they admitted on the writing and such

Still otherwise I agree with you though given those aware of what the movie staff said on the dark fate installment um ya there is baggage to contend with as a result so its odd they went with Dark Fate to make a game on or title using it
RogueXanter: As much as I dislike Dark Fate and the way it trolled the franchise's fan base I actually don't hate the idea of a strategy game set in the Legion Machine War. We know very little about the Machine Wars unless you count side materials like novels, games and comics and from what we seen on screen the anti-Legion Resistance is implied to have more advanced technology and better logistic and support capabilities then any but the most generous showings of the Anti-Skynet Resistance

BanditKeith2: It didn't troll the fanbase when the staff of the movie admitted they was going for shall we say'' screw the fanbase '' to not get into politics of what they stated their goal was they admitted on the writing and such

Still otherwise I agree with you though given those aware of what the movie staff said on the dark fate installment um ya there is baggage to contend with as a result so its odd they went with Dark Fate to make a game on or title using it
And the writers didn't give a damn about the plotholes they were creating. What's funny is the beginning of Terminator Dark Fate reminds me of the beginning of Alien 3. And James Cameron complained about the opening of Alien 3 being disrespectful to his work in Aliens and to the fans.
I'm really interested in Modern Naval Warfare but I wonder how hard it will be playing that game? I has zero knowledge in playing submarine sim before.
Marcus-Havoc: Too bad, the Terminator game follows after the garbage movie with the same name,
I'm watching that " garbage movie " right now .
RedRagan: I'm really interested in Modern Naval Warfare but I wonder how hard it will be playing that game? I has zero knowledge in playing submarine sim before.
If the complexity is simlar to Sub Command or Dangerous Waters, I'd recommend you try those before and read the big manuals, watch yotube let's plays, tutorials, etc, because the sonar in modern sub games can be something complex for a new user. It is the meat of those games and the core and the fun.

As a good alternative you could try Cold Waters. Available n GOG. It models those things in a simpler way and it is more direct. But it is a great game and can help you to understand the tactcs and what these titles can offer. What you need to understand in general.

Greetings
Post edited December 17, 2021 by Gudadantza
low rated
Marcus-Havoc: Too bad, the Terminator game follows after the garbage movie with the same name,
DD & Ji Ji: I'm watching that " garbage movie " right now .
Enjoy your politically motivated garbage movie.

At least the developers will feel it in their pocket, seeing as the trailer is getting down voted and even on the steam forum people are calling out the stupid decision to base it on a movie version everybody hated the most.
Post edited December 17, 2021 by Marcus-Havoc
No mentioning though of their nuclear game, o wait, nvm... Matrix.. talk about silly? you can talk about terminator and being a bad decision all day long but ( looks again at that certain matrix title ) or from a movie prospect ( like who cares ) but in the end who cares, its slitherine, it probably will turn out as an hardcore tactical something which the crowd that enjoys will enjoy....

Master of Magic revival ... now that's something

on a personal level,

somewhere it feels pretty fishy to see all those licensed franchises passing the revue ....

Maybe inspired by the success of Battlestar?
Post edited December 17, 2021 by Zimerius
Zimerius: No mentioning though of their nuclear game, o wait, nvm... Matrix.. talk about silly? you can talk about terminator and being a bad decision all day long but ( looks again at that certain matrix title ) or from a movie prospect ( like who cares ) but in the end who cares, its slitherine, it probably will turn out as an hardcore tactical something which the crowd that enjoys will enjoy....

Master of Magic revival ... now that's something

on a personal level,

somewhere it feels pretty fishy to see all those licensed franchises passing the revue ....

Maybe inspired by the success of Battlestar?
Ya seems pretty fishy for such a large batch confirmed at once I agree at that let alone them all licensed ip based .. but that could just be my jaded side speaking
Gudadantza: (...) Modern Naval Warfare is going to be something big. Everything people loved from Silent Hunter but in modern sub platforms.
(...)
Hello Gudadantza!

I am not so sure, to be honest. First, in my opinion, the "Silent Hunter" series and similar World War II submarine simulations (games) focus on something entirely different than the modern submarine ones.

In "Silent Hunter" and alikes the emphasis is more on course and solution plotting, while the actual attacks tend to be "fire and forget" affairs due to the limited technology depicted for the time period and the usual need to dive fast.
And since "Silent Hunter III", a lot of them are including "babysitting" of the crew (crew, fatigue and moral management), which is not favored by everyone!

Modern submarine simulations in the vein of the Sonalysts series ("688(i) Hunter/Killer", "Sub Command" and "Dangerous Waters") have a heavy focus on reading and interpreting the sonar informations in order to first recognize and then identify potential nearby vessels, as well as distinguishing them from other sound sources.
("Cold Waters" differs a bit on this regard, because it is an homage to the old "arcadey" "Red Storm Rising", and upon entering a "battle scene" you usually are already informed exactly about what opposition you are going to face. Furthermore is the sonar display and readout for identification much more automated.)
Due to the technological advancement, modern submarine simulations are also focussing heavily on evasion tactics on how to outsmart the guided or homing torpedos.

My two main issues with the announced "Modern Naval Warfare" are with its expected system requirements and the extra gimmicks (VR, additional tablet screens, and so on), though.

One look at the installation shows me that I am not part of the target audience, here--especially, considering the way how GOG's offline installers need a huge amount of available extra space, for the installer files themself, for the temporary files during the installation process and the final game installation!

Hence, I would prefer to see the Sonalysts' simulations here on GOG.com.
Kind regards,
foxgog
RedRagan: I'm really interested in Modern Naval Warfare but I wonder how hard it will be playing that game? I has zero knowledge in playing submarine sim before.
Hello RedRagan!

I would recommend to give "Silent Hunter II" a try, first. Despite it's outdated graphics, it is a good entry point, and currently available at a 75% discount! Later entries introduced much more management aspects (which I am not so fond of).

"Cold Waters" is more pricey and goes less often on sale--although it was quite recently. "Cold Waters" also differs a lot from other modern submarine simulations. You are more in direct control (even using directional steering and diving controls) and care more for the big picture, since a lot of subsystems are fully automated by AI.

The Sonalysts simulators ("688(i) Hunter/Killer", "Sub Command" and "Dangerous Waters") focus on minisculous representation of subsystems and processes--for example: in order to launch a torpedo you are dealing not only with the "target motion analysis" to derive and setting up a firing solution, but you have to follow the launch procedure including flooding the tube and opening the tube's door and so on by actually pressing individual buttons/switches for each and every step, before unlocking and finally pressing the fire button.

No matter which submarine simulator or game you choose as entry point, be prepared for longer gaming sessions. Submarine or naval warfare is by nature really slow and involves a lot of waiting and forward thinking. Someone described it as long periods of boredom interspersed with short outbursts of very high tension. The experience can be very rewarding, though.

Good luck and have fun!

Kind regards,
foxgog
A new Stargate game? Interesting...