It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We often receive questions and messages asking how we are doing as a team, company, store, and platform. That is why we decided to give you a bit more insight into our operations and last year’s results.

Last year was a very challenging time for all of us due to the ongoing global pandemic. Since March 2020, our team continues to work remotely from homes, which is not always easy. Having that in mind, we’re even more proud and happy to share these facts and numbers with you.

[Full image]

It’s a new format for us to share data like this and we’d appreciate hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.
high rated
pds41: [EDIT] Russia looks like it is included in Europe, not Asia for the purposes of the graphic (unless the English translation of the management report is wrong) - Russia was 5% of revenue in 2020, so if China is 3%, Russia must be in Europe.
Please have in mind that our infographic has a market split for the GOG.COM store only, hence the difference between it and what was reported for the entire Group. And yes, we count Russia under Europe.
A question that was not clear to me is whether the "market split" concerns the profit obtained or the number of users in each location. Knowing about this would be very interesting, since the countries of South America have their currencies very devalued.
I'm happy that at least 7% of south-center america contributes to this good site. Cyberpunk really was a finnancial succes.
pds41: [EDIT] Russia looks like it is included in Europe, not Asia for the purposes of the graphic (unless the English translation of the management report is wrong) - Russia was 5% of revenue in 2020, so if China is 3%, Russia must be in Europe.
emter_pl: Please have in mind that our infographic has a market split for the GOG.COM store only, hence the difference between it and what was reported for the entire Group. And yes, we count Russia under Europe.
Thanks - I had thought I'd picked up the segmental information in the management report, but it was a very quick skim, so could have got it wrong!

Thanks for publishing the infographic though - it's interesting data and I'm personally glad to see the store is in good health.
emter_pl: This is based on ratings from users that we ask for after solving their support tickets.
No wonder you're boasting such a high satisfaction rate: you simply don't count people whose issues aren't resolved. I have a support ticket that I opened on January 6th. The last reply I got was on March 2nd, after which I sent 5 replies that were never answered. I checked the ticket now and it's been marked as "solved" at some point. This happened without my knowledge and I certainly didn't receive a survey at any point. I can't even put into words how utterly abysmal support has been.
emter_pl: This is based on ratings from users that we ask for after solving their support tickets.
Ice_Mage: No wonder you're boasting such a high satisfaction rate: you simply don't count people whose issues aren't resolved. I have a support ticket that I opened on January 6th. The last reply I got was on March 2nd, after which I sent 5 replies that were never answered. I checked the ticket now and it's been marked as "solved" at some point. This happened without my knowledge and I certainly didn't receive a survey at any point. I can't even put into words how utterly abysmal support has been.
That's not my experience. I contacted the GOG support several times. Each time, they responded very fast and helped me in every instance, they were also very dedicated and really friendly. For me personally, the GOG support was always excellent.
Post edited April 28, 2021 by Cifer84
GOG.com: We often receive questions and messages asking how we are doing as a team, company, store, and platform. That is why we decided to give you a bit more insight into our operations and last year’s results.

Last year was a very challenging time for all of us due to the ongoing global pandemic. Since March 2020, our team continues to work remotely from homes, which is not always easy. Having that in mind, we’re even more proud and happy to share these facts and numbers with you.

[Full image]

It’s a new format for us to share data like this and we’d appreciate hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.
All reported areas up by orders of magnitude in terms of percentage.

No areas reported as deficient.

How exactly was this report compiled and on what numbers?

GOG adopting DRM and releasing Cyberpunk, arguably one of the worst game releases in modern history?

Please stop insulting users, GOG.
These facts and numbers about GOG are very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I hope that you don't put the focus too much on new games in the future, but on bringing back good old games. I understand that some are difficult to release, because of licensing and rights (No One Lives Forever, Black & White, etc.). But there are some games, where I don't understand why they aren't here yet (Max Payne 1 & 2, American McGee's Alice, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Tomb Raider 1-3 Add-Ons, etc.), because the rights situation is pretty clear and you have other games of the same developers / publishers released here as well.
Post edited April 28, 2021 by Cifer84
Leroux: Funny that you should mention the lack of a proper age verification system on GOG, because I was just wondering where they pulled the statistics about the average age range of their users from. ;)
ssling: There is birth date in account settings.
Indeed, you're right. But do people put their actual birth date in there? I know I didn't. If that's what the stats are based on, I would trust them even less.
Leroux: Funny that you should mention the lack of a proper age verification system on GOG, because I was just wondering where they pulled the statistics about the average age range of their users from. ;)
The survey per email?

Edith says: You answered that for yourself :-)
Post edited April 28, 2021 by toxicTom
hey i wonder, whats the percentage of your users/customers that prefer

offline, drm-free, crap/bs-free, galaxy-free, out-of-the-box working, updated, regionally-unlocked, uncensored and complete installers

for the games they purchased here?
Post edited April 28, 2021 by apehater
apehater: hey i wonder, whats the percentage of your users/customers that prefer

offline, drm-free, crap/bs-free, galaxy-free, out-of-the-box working, updated, regionally-unlocked, uncensored and complete installers

for the games they purchased here?
100%
low rated
toxicTom: I know several people who own and have played Hatred. All of them say the game simply sucks.
UNBELIEVER!

Hatred is dope. It's even more dope with "Mass Murderer - a FPS mod" installed.
(And that's coming from someone who was also firmly in the "Shit sucks!" camp at first)
Post edited April 28, 2021 by fronzelneekburm
toxicTom: I know several people who own and have played Hatred. All of them say the game simply sucks.
fronzelneekburm: UNBELIEVER!

Hatred is dope. It's even more dope with "Mass Murderer - a FPS mod" installed.
(And that's coming from someone who was also firmly in the "Shit sucks!" camp at first)
Base game is mediocre at best, modding community makes it somewhat worthwhile.
high rated
I'll post this here since I didn't see a place to do it in the survey you sent out...

I'd really like to see installer update notifications fixed. There are several games for which I don't receive them and I end up having to follow https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread. That and more details on what has been updated (such as Windows? Mac? Linux?).

A thing I would like to see is raw floppy disk images for classic games in addition to the installer.
Post edited April 28, 2021 by ncs