It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today we welcome some true classics into our catalog. They represent different genres yet share one common trait - they’re extremely enjoyable! Check them out:

A Vampyre Story (-80%) is a point-and-click comic adventure created and directed by Bill Tiller (a former lead artist in LucasArts). Set in the gloomy land of Draxsylvania, it tells the story of a gifted opera singer Mona De Lafitte, held captive by vampire Baron Shrowdy von Kiefer.

Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return (-25%) is a sci-fi RPG developed by New World Computing (creators of the Might and Magic series). Your mission is to find out who or what is responsible for the Earth’s sudden disappearance…

Wetlands (-25%) is an arcade, rail shooting game with a strong narrative element. The game’s story is set in the year 2495. You become a mercenary hired to bring a dangerous criminal scientist back to prison.

Zephyr (-25%) is a futuristic game that combines elements of FPS and racing. You play a pilot that must fulfill a set of dangerous missions while fighting for the corporation of your choice.

Buckle up and discover those classic titles! The discounts on Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return, Wetlands, and Zephyr will end on 25th December 2020, 2 PM UTC. You can also buy all 3 titles in a cool New World Computing Bundle.

Discount on A Vampyre Story will last until the of the GOG.COM’s Winter Sale on 4th January 2021, 2 PM.

Watch the interview with New World Computing co-founder, Mark Caldwell.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by emter_pl
Thank you gog for bringing more classic games...more older games are always good.
Uh, I totally forgot about Zephyr.

This was one of these rare games, that had these early VR (Virtual Reality) Headest/Glasses support.

An interesting video on VR in the 90s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dji9YiPZ4AM
Anothername: The type of cliffhanger that never resolves the main story or the type of cliffhanger that comes after the main story is resolved and is kind of a prelude to the next possible main story?
DukeNukemForever: Unfortunately I don't know, sorry. I never played it (just bought it and later read about the cliffhanger due to the missing sequels). Personally I will only play it when I'm in the mood for a non-story driven game.

But maybe someone else here in the thread knows.
It leaves the story in a similar situation like The Fellowship of the Rings, as in it would have lead into a direct sequel.

They did try to get a sequel funded with crowdfunding a while back, but that one didn't happen.
Oh, can someone from the GOG stuff tell us, why these newer oldies/games don't have a Linux version?

Most of these games are running with the help of DosBOX, so I don't really understand.
Good to see here A vampire Story, and Wetlands.
More Ziggurat games are always good. Was kind of interested in Wetlands, but lost interest after I saw that it's a rail shooter.
GOG.com: Today we welcome some true classics into our catalog. They represent different genres yet share one common trait - they’re extremely enjoyable! Check them out:

A Vampyre Story (-80%) is a point-and-click comic adventure created and directed by Bill Tiller (a former lead artist in LucasArts). Set in the gloomy land of Draxsylvania, it tells the story of a gifted opera singer Mona De Lafitte, held captive by vampire Baron Shrowdy von Kiefer.

Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return (-25%) is a sci-fi RPG developed by New World Computing (creators of the Might and Magic series). Your mission is to find out who or what is responsible for the Earth’s sudden disappearance…

Wetlands (-25%) is an arcade, rail shooting game with a strong narrative element. The game’s story is set in the year 2495. You become a mercenary hired to bring a dangerous criminal scientist back to prison.

Zephyr (-25%) is a futuristic game that combines elements of FPS and racing. You play a pilot that must fulfill a set of dangerous missions while fighting for the corporation of your choice.

Buckle up and discover those classic titles! The discounts on Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return, Wetlands, and Zephyr will end on 25th December 2020, 2 PM UTC. You can also buy all 3 titles in a cool New World Computing Bundle.

Discount on A Vampyre Story will last until the of the GOG.COM’s Winter Sale on 4th January 2021, 2 PM.

Watch the interview with New World Computing co-founder, Mark Caldwell.
Wow, I mean, what a mix.

A Vampire Story has always been in my backlog as one of those 00s adventures that were received coldly and sometimes with a reason.

Planet's Edge is the classic rpg that was loved by home of the underdogs and slayed to pieces in crpg addict. Probably the value of the game is in the middle.

Wetlands, wow. I am all for GOG recovering the 90s rail shooters. In this one you see that they mixed animation with CGI, aiming for a Titan AE effect and ending like water and oil. It's dumb, has loads of humour, I love it.

Zephyr... the best thing about this one was the box.
Awesome! At least this one – A Vampyre Story!

Now it's time for a traditional question – how well does it work under Linux? :) WineHQ as always offers only a few outdated reports...
Where is dungeon master 1+2?
Kelefane: Where is dungeon master 1+2?
seems weird because it is published by interplay I believe and they already have some games here....Maybe there are other people that hold the rights as well? Remember back in the day playing dungeon master 2 , great game.
Finally, some more old games available to buy from Good OLD Games!

By the way, does anybody know what happened to the community wishlist feature since Galaxy 2.0 launched, or know of an easier way to get to the GOG Connect page?
No King's Bounty? :(
DukeNukemForever: Unfortunately I don't know, sorry. I never played it (just bought it and later read about the cliffhanger due to the missing sequels). Personally I will only play it when I'm in the mood for a non-story driven game.

But maybe someone else here in the thread knows.
tomimt: It leaves the story in a similar situation like The Fellowship of the Rings, as in it would have lead into a direct sequel.

They did try to get a sequel funded with crowdfunding a while back, but that one didn't happen.
Good to know, thanks. So it's not so worse as a real cliffhanger with a dramatic break, but still sad to know that the story will not go on.
DukeNukemForever: Good to know, thanks. So it's not so worse as a real cliffhanger with a dramatic break, but still sad to know that the story will not go on.
Well, it's been ages since I've played the game, but as I recall it, it was somewhat of an abrupt ending. You could tell it was a longer story that was just cut because they didn't have big enough of a budget to make a longer game.

I some ways it is a shame, as it happens when the story is actually getting more interesting. That's my recollection at least. I did repurchase the game so that I can give it a new spin.
DukeNukemForever: Good to know, thanks. So it's not so worse as a real cliffhanger with a dramatic break, but still sad to know that the story will not go on.
tomimt: Well, it's been ages since I've played the game, but as I recall it, it was somewhat of an abrupt ending. You could tell it was a longer story that was just cut because they didn't have big enough of a budget to make a longer game.

I some ways it is a shame, as it happens when the story is actually getting more interesting. That's my recollection at least. I did repurchase the game so that I can give it a new spin.
Thanks. A lot of oldies got an unexpected 2nd wind these days. Maybe they will too. I'm not much of an P&C adventure game player anymore; but that looked nice enough to try for old times sake.