It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today we welcome some true classics into our catalog. They represent different genres yet share one common trait - they’re extremely enjoyable! Check them out:

A Vampyre Story (-80%) is a point-and-click comic adventure created and directed by Bill Tiller (a former lead artist in LucasArts). Set in the gloomy land of Draxsylvania, it tells the story of a gifted opera singer Mona De Lafitte, held captive by vampire Baron Shrowdy von Kiefer.

Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return (-25%) is a sci-fi RPG developed by New World Computing (creators of the Might and Magic series). Your mission is to find out who or what is responsible for the Earth’s sudden disappearance…

Wetlands (-25%) is an arcade, rail shooting game with a strong narrative element. The game’s story is set in the year 2495. You become a mercenary hired to bring a dangerous criminal scientist back to prison.

Zephyr (-25%) is a futuristic game that combines elements of FPS and racing. You play a pilot that must fulfill a set of dangerous missions while fighting for the corporation of your choice.

Buckle up and discover those classic titles! The discounts on Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return, Wetlands, and Zephyr will end on 25th December 2020, 2 PM UTC. You can also buy all 3 titles in a cool New World Computing Bundle.

Discount on A Vampyre Story will last until the of the GOG.COM’s Winter Sale on 4th January 2021, 2 PM.

Watch the interview with New World Computing co-founder, Mark Caldwell.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by emter_pl
RoboPond: Great to see A Vampyre Story here. Great adventure game.
Mona the vampire
MarkoH01: So where is the German version of A Vampire Story? I mean the one I would actually buy?
GOG, come on - you blocked several games here just to reach the "German market" but yet you are still missing out the fact that many Gemrans like their games in their native language.
I do not remember if the physical edition I got is multilingual (I played it in English).

Like you have also stated in the past for other games, I can check if German is included in the disc and, if so, offer to send the files to GOG. (Has that ever happened / worked though?)
high rated
I never imagined to see Zephyr here. That's awesome, and of course it's always great to get more New World Computing games.
It's nice to see Ziggurat has some New World IPs, I'll grab the whole bundle. Keep the classics coming
A Vampire Story is a nice addition to the GOG collection. I was a pretty good adventure when profesional quality adventures weren't the norm anymore. It had good reviews and the aesthetics are very atractive. I always wanted to play this game and never did. Well, problem solved for me. :)

And Planet's Edge is another retro surprise I could only taste in pirated and buggy non legit versions decades ago, it wasn't the most know title of the company, published at the same years as Might and Magic 3-4-5, it is a forgotten gem for the space, elite like, trade exploring RPG/ lovers. I liked the rare and baroque system it had to customize your ship.

I'd recommend both titles
SpecShadow: More french games is good, still hope for some Cryo gems. Now that would be tremendous, they were a big part of my '90 and 200x PC gaming experience. Though most of their titles might be rather difficult to run...
Amen to that.

Dragon Lore II / Dragon Lore 2
Captain Blood
Commander Blood / Commander Blood
Big Bug Bang: Le Retour de Commander Blood
Dreams to Reality
Aztec
The Devil Inside / The Devil Inside
Egypt 1156 BC
Egypt II
Ring: The Legend of the Nibelungen
From Dusk Till Dawn
Hardline / Hardline
Hopkins FBI
KGB (Conspiracy)
Necronomicon
The Mystery of the Nautilus
Odyssey: The Search for Ulysses
Pax Corpus
Persian Wars
Pompei: The Legend of Vesuvius
The Raven Project
Riverworld
Saga: Rage of the Vikings
Salammbo: Battle for Carthage
The Shadow of Zorro
Timecop
UBIK
Versailles I + II
The New Adventures of the Time Machine
Jekyll and Hyde
Jerusalem: The Three Roads to the Holy Land
Hellboy: Dogs of the Night
The Guardian of Darkness
Gift
Gadget: Past as Future
Faust - The Seven Games of the Soul
Extase
The 3rd Millennium
Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure
Arthur's Knights

Asghan The Dragonslayer / Asghan: The Dragon Slayer
Transarctica (Arctic Baron)
Emmanuelle: A Game of Eroticism
Geisha
Druuna: Morbus Gravis
Post edited December 18, 2020 by Swedrami
The RPG one looks interesting, wishlisted for now.
DukeNukemForever: Maybe a little warning about A Vampyre's Story that there is a cliffhanger. There was the plan to release sequels, which never happened.
The type of cliffhanger that never resolves the main story or the type of cliffhanger that comes after the main story is resolved and is kind of a prelude to the next possible main story?
SpecShadow: More french games is good, still hope for some Cryo gems. Now that would be tremendous, they were a big part of my '90 and 200x PC gaming experience. Though most of their titles might be rather difficult to run...
Some of the old Cryo classics like KGB, Commander Blood and Dragon Lore 2 can be bought on the zoom store.
But I'd rather buy them on GOG.
Nice to see more classics and ones i have not heard of before.

Think i am going to buy the bundle
The first sentence of Zephyr's description says humanity is forced to spread out to other plants. :)
Great! A Vampyre Story, Wetlands & Zephyr... They are from favourite video games!
Thanks, GOG!
tfishell: So maybe this issue was out of GOG's hands.
Like it is most of the time.
GoG can be accused/is guilty of a couple of things (especially considering recent developments) but purposefully withholding certain localisations? I don't think so.
Here is a fair warning: A Vampyre Story is part one in a series and ends in a cliffhanger. Even though a second part was announced it never came to be and likely never will.

Also on sale Heroes of Annihilated Empires. This is a game better forgotten ... It was also planned as trilogy but GSC Game World cancelled development. ;-)
MarkoH01: So where is the German version of A Vampire Story? I mean the one I would actually buy?
GOG, come on - you blocked several games here just to reach the "German market" but yet you are still missing out the fact that many Gemrans like their games in their native language.
Panaias: Like you have also stated in the past for other games, I can check if German is included in the disc and, if so, offer to send the files to GOG. (Has that ever happened / worked though?)
Waaay back when, and only with a few selected titles, if memory serves right.
In most cases, GoG would already have or could've gotten the localisation in question from the current publisher and make it available alongside the other localisations, but more often than not it turns out that localisations can also be stuck in a rights limbo, similarly to entire games in other cases.

Can't hurt to offer them the files anyway, if it's one of those cases where GoG actually don't have access to a particular localisation.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by Swedrami