It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today we welcome some true classics into our catalog. They represent different genres yet share one common trait - they’re extremely enjoyable! Check them out:

A Vampyre Story (-80%) is a point-and-click comic adventure created and directed by Bill Tiller (a former lead artist in LucasArts). Set in the gloomy land of Draxsylvania, it tells the story of a gifted opera singer Mona De Lafitte, held captive by vampire Baron Shrowdy von Kiefer.

Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return (-25%) is a sci-fi RPG developed by New World Computing (creators of the Might and Magic series). Your mission is to find out who or what is responsible for the Earth’s sudden disappearance…

Wetlands (-25%) is an arcade, rail shooting game with a strong narrative element. The game’s story is set in the year 2495. You become a mercenary hired to bring a dangerous criminal scientist back to prison.

Zephyr (-25%) is a futuristic game that combines elements of FPS and racing. You play a pilot that must fulfill a set of dangerous missions while fighting for the corporation of your choice.

Buckle up and discover those classic titles! The discounts on Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return, Wetlands, and Zephyr will end on 25th December 2020, 2 PM UTC. You can also buy all 3 titles in a cool New World Computing Bundle.

Discount on A Vampyre Story will last until the of the GOG.COM’s Winter Sale on 4th January 2021, 2 PM.

Watch the interview with New World Computing co-founder, Mark Caldwell.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by emter_pl
Hooray for Planet's Edge. And wow, Wetlands too? I loved the visual style of the animation with deep dark tones, but the gameplay was too tough for me and I only finished it with cheats.
high rated
Great to see A Vampyre Story here. Great adventure game.
RoboPond: Great to see A Vampyre Story here. Great adventure game.
Yeah! Wonderful to see it here.

*edit*: Instabought!
Post edited December 18, 2020 by seppelfred
Once again, kudos for making new trailers for old games, Ziggurat. :)
low rated
Planet's Edge: The Point of no Return.

CDPR’s business M.O.?

Are these “gamers” certified?
SCPM: ...but the gameplay was too tough for me and I only finished it with cheats.
The gameplay shown in the trailer reminds me an awful lot of Cyberia.
Cutscenes in Wetlands reminds me Hopkins FBI for some reason, maybe 4th screenshot gave me that impression?

Good to see Vampyre Story, it's quite nice game. Got this and Disciples 2 from dot emu iirc but lost files and they closed the store, now I have chance to get them on GOG.

More french games is good, still hope for some Cryo gems. Now that would be tremendous, they were a big part of my '90 and 200x PC gaming experience. Though most of their titles might be rather difficult to run...
Post edited December 18, 2020 by SpecShadow
Wow, A Vampyre Store? Never thought we'd see that here, it went definitely under the radar when it was released.

I have the physical edition from back then. It was a nice game (although not excellent).

The interaction is similar to Curse Of Monkey Island (in this case it is a verb-cross!). The humor was so-so and there were some glitches here and there. Nevertheless, I remember enjoying it and for this price it is recommended for fans of the genre.
high rated
I still remember that Planet's Edge was one of the first games I voted for on the GOG's wishlist.
It's something of a "flawed gem" and it was one of the last games of the genre"Star Trek RPG" (exploring planets, space battles, contact with aliens, etc) - a genre which apparently disappeared after mid-90s. I wish this kind of games would return (maybe with Bethesda's Starfield?)

Anyway, despite all the game's issues... instabought!
SCPM: ...but the gameplay was too tough for me and I only finished it with cheats.
Mr.Mumbles: The gameplay shown in the trailer reminds me an awful lot of Cyberia.
Yeah, it's just an on-rails shooter, occasionally you can pick a different route, so I'd say it's more like Cyberia 2.
So where is the German version of A Vampire Story? I mean the one I would actually buy?
GOG, come on - you blocked several games here just to reach the "German market" but yet you are still missing out the fact that many Gemrans like their games in their native language.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by MarkoH01
Happy to see Planet's Edge make it's way here.
high rated
Maybe a little warning about A Vampyre's Story that there is a cliffhanger. There was the plan to release sequels, which never happened.

I bought my copy back then from Dotemu, but due to the cliffhanger (and especially after finishing Dreamfall at this time with it's many little cliffhangers) I decided to skip playing it. So yeah, keep that in mind and be in the right mood before playing it.

Edit:
MarkoH01: So where is the German version of A Vampire Story? I mean the one I would actually buy?
GOG, come on - you blocked several games here just to reach the "German market" but yet you are still missing out the fact that many Gemrans like their games in their native language.
Checked my backup, regarding my text file I create for every game/series Dotemu released a multilingual installer of the game, including german. The size of the installer is 5,6GB.

Edit 2: Unpacked the installer. Like GOG Dotemu did their own installer, there are language packages for german, english, french and spanish.
Post edited December 18, 2020 by DukeNukemForever
Glad to see Vampyre Story finally here, it seems very overpriced at $20 but that's a solid discount.

MarkoH01: So where is the German version of A Vampire Story? I mean the one I would actually buy?
It's English-only on Steam, also published by Strategy First there. (iirc a different company published it on DotEmu) So maybe this issue was out of GOG's hands.