It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Holy crap.... DRM free version confirmed... def updating pledge to $150 now - time to beg the wife!

Also:
(Mac and Linux versions are planned, but still TBC.)
Linux version!!!!!
Post edited May 23, 2012 by jimbob0i0
From the last update:

Carmageddon & GOG – “Stay tuned for further announcements... ;)” we can confirm we are looking into this at the moment and will let you lot here at Kickstarter know as soon as we know more!
ne_zavarj: Steamcrap ? Fuck .
There's a DRM-free option now.
Redditors upvote here to get it seen:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stainlessgames/carmageddon-reincarnation/posts/232893
Navagon: There's a DRM-free option now.
Glad to hear that . Now i will wait for the GOG release .
ne_zavarj: Glad to hear that . Now i will wait for the GOG release .
That is looking like a very strong possibility for the first two games in the not too distant future. Hopefully the third proper Carmageddon game will join them here on release. If I wasn't a backer then that's what I'd do too.
Err I meant here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/u1j4a/carmageddonreincarnation_drm_free_version/
ne_zavarj: Glad to hear that . Now i will wait for the GOG release .
Well there won't be a GOG release if the $400k target isn't reached to make it in the beginning ;)
Post edited May 23, 2012 by jimbob0i0
Good for them, although why exactly won't they make the DRM-Free version available at the same time?
Gonchi: Good for them, although why exactly won't they make the DRM-Free version available at the same time?
Because it will take time and their original promises must be kept first.
Gonchi: Good for them, although why exactly won't they make the DRM-Free version available at the same time?
Navagon: Because it will take time and their original promises must be kept first.
Meh, but if their anti-DRM backers are satisfied. Seems that they'll also include a Steam key instead of making you pick between one or the other, so that's pretty cool of them.
Gonchi: Meh, but if their anti-DRM backers are satisfied. Seems that they'll also include a Steam key instead of making you pick between one or the other, so that's pretty cool of them.
Yeah, a Steam version is a handy backup, and generally the best option for multiplayer.
Gonchi: Meh, but if their anti-DRM backers are satisfied. Seems that they'll also include a Steam key instead of making you pick between one or the other, so that's pretty cool of them.
Navagon: Yeah, a Steam version is a handy backup, and generally the best option for multiplayer.
That's funny cause the way I see it the Steam version (with friends lists, achievements, matchmaking etc) will be my primary platform and then the DRM free version is my backup should anything happen to Steam or my Steam account....

Just upped my pledge to reach the $150 (boxed) tier..... this is getting crazy now....

So far as I can see that should give me:
Steam game on DVD
Model cars of original and new Eagle
Poster
4 (Steam) digital copies of the game
Carmageddon ('Top Trumps') card game
Carmageddon backer t-shirt
Special Eagle in game model (with moving chainsaws for blades apparently!)
Carmageddon postcards
Beta access
Backer forum access
DRM Free copy for single player and LAN play

I mean... wow.... :/
jimbob0i0: I mean... wow.... :/
Yeah, it's pretty special. I am tempted but I'm moving on the 1st so now's not a good time to throw money around.

As for the Steam vs DRM-free, it depends purely on whether or not you prioritise single player or multiplayer. Personally I'll be mostly playing the game single player. I'd be more interested in multiplayer, but getting people interested in playing what I want to play when I want to play it is like getting blood out of a stone. Although, to be fair, I've turned down a fair few requests as well.
jimbob0i0: I mean... wow.... :/
Navagon: Yeah, it's pretty special. I am tempted but I'm moving on the 1st so now's not a good time to throw money around.

As for the Steam vs DRM-free, it depends purely on whether or not you prioritise single player or multiplayer. Personally I'll be mostly playing the game single player. I'd be more interested in multiplayer, but getting people interested in playing what I want to play when I want to play it is like getting blood out of a stone. Although, to be fair, I've turned down a fair few requests as well.
I'm going to have to make real nice to my wife to justify the pledge.... ah well....

So far as multiplayer is concerned that's why I'm glad they plan on using SteamWorks matchmaking for quick online games for fun without having to organise friends....

And then when friends are available and we can meet up then there is the DRM free version for LAN parties...

Single player I'll prob play on steam for achievements and then keep the installer in my NAS with my GOG games in case I need it ;)
THESE GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!

I'm getting 6 copies of the game at 150$

One Dvd - Physical box + Manual
4 Digital Steam Versions
1 DRM FREE version
+ Early Beta access
+ 2 miniatures
+ 1 T-shirt
+ Carmageddon Post Cards
+ Carmageddon Recomendation Kickstarter Forum Access
+ Carmageddon Card Game

SHIT THAT'S TOO MUCH!!! I'll have to add 10 extra dollars to my 157 pledge!